Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
steelcityjameser
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 827
Default If we still had ARE we would be 4-2

i firmly believe this, too. I think Santonio is going to blossom into a solid returner, but he has to maintain his concentration. Colcough killed us in one game causing a turnover that would have been the difference if it was not taken in for a score, and now look at what Holmes has done. We can only move forward, and given how our receivers are stepping up it is hard to really see where ARE and what he would seeked in freeagent dollars would be justified. I really do believe though, if he was somehow still a Steeler we would be 4-2. Thoughts?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:21 PM   #2
clarient
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1742
Default Re: If we still had ARE we would be 4-2

I think it's a bit self-destructive to wonder what we might be if things had been different - once you get into the realms of what-if's, you start losing sight of what you've got and what to do with it.

Although I definitely miss Randle-El... he worked well with us.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #3
touchdownward
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 3188

I miss having El on our team too, but let's remember he said it was God's decision whether or not to stay. I guess God told him to go for the $$$$$.

Do receivers still put that stickum on their hands? Maybe Holmes should try that.

Go Steelers!!!!!

Blah!
touchdownward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:30 PM   #4
paw-n-maul-u
Banned

Member Number: 2942

ya know, as sad as this sounds, it could quite possibly be true. I would love to chalk up another W had it not been for ricardos butterfingers. but I mean ... would you rather have matched ARE's salary that the deadskins gave him ... or be able to resign taylor, troy and ben. i firmly believe that if ARE stayed ... taylor would be gone. i think we should have reached into FA to rent a reciever for this year, but it looks like we really do have some good promise at WR.
paw-n-maul-u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 07:44 PM   #5
steelcityjameser
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by paw-n-maul-u View Post
ya know, as sad as this sounds, it could quite possibly be true. I would love to chalk up another W had it not been for ricardos butterfingers. but I mean ... would you rather have matched ARE's salary that the deadskins gave him ... or be able to resign taylor, troy and ben. i firmly believe that if ARE stayed ... taylor would be gone. i think we should have reached into FA to rent a reciever for this year, but it looks like we really do have some good promise at WR.

yeah, i like the receiving corps we have now as they are really starting to gain chemistry and rhythm. that's why i said i don't really see HOW we could justify keeping him, but i do think we would be 4-2 if he was still in the black and gold. at the end of the year do those two wins make or break our season? we will see. so the question will be, what price can be put on a couple more wins if they make a difference in what direction your season goes?
Old 10-22-2006, 07:45 PM   #6
steelcityjameser
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by touchdownward View Post
Do receivers still put that stickum on their hands? Maybe Holmes should try that.

Go Steelers!!!!!
i'm fairly sure it's illegal in the NFL, but whatever work.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:48 PM   #7
steelcityjameser
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarient View Post
I think it's a bit self-destructive to wonder what we might be if things had been different - once you get into the realms of what-if's, you start losing sight of what you've got and what to do with it.

Although I definitely miss Randle-El... he worked well with us.

it is not self-destructive to question decision-making or a decision that was made. the key, as you said is to not lose sight of what you have and what you need to do to make it better. you know, i never liked him *that* much, either. just another example of not knowing what you have until it's gone. and by the end of the year we may be so shored up in that area and on such a roll that this thread is a moot point.
Old 10-22-2006, 07:59 PM   #8
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcityjameser View Post
i firmly believe this, too. I think Santonio is going to blossom into a solid returner, but he has to maintain his concentration. Colcough killed us in one game causing a turnover that would have been the difference if it was not taken in for a score, and now look at what Holmes has done. We can only move forward, and given how our receivers are stepping up it is hard to really see where ARE and what he would seeked in freeagent dollars would be justified. I really do believe though, if he was somehow still a Steeler we would be 4-2. Thoughts?

Maybe so,....maybe not. The list of "what if's" in regards to our current roster is longer than the Bible. But thinking of any of them are pointless now.
We're in the middle of one of our best ClusterF#cks since the Kordell days. I think it's time we stop doing our part to make it happen,....with all of the turnovers, blown blocking assignments, dropped passes and coverage failures. You know,.....play not only like Champions,......but like PROFESSIONALS.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:14 PM   #9
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

He wanted way too much money. Our WRs and Santonio at returner next year will be scary-good. Just live through this Hell of a season, and we'll have lots to be happy about next year.
Old 10-22-2006, 08:25 PM   #10
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Or we could be 0-6, or we could be 1-5 - can't look back and think about what could have been because we just don't know. Though El was a damned good return guy and played a key role in the razzle dazzle plays, he wasn't a very good receiver for the most part and had his bouts of banana fingers. There is no "I" in TEAM - we win as a team and we lose as a team. Today, we lost as a team - no other way to look at it. I don't believe for one minute that El would have made much difference.

We are who we are and we're a damned good team overall. The Steelers just need to work out the kinks and eliminate the mistakes.

P.S. Washington had El in the lineup for most of the game and still lost. Just some food for thought.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote