Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-23-2006, 12:38 AM   #1
LoneHorseman
Water Boy

Member Number: 1583
Default Cowher You DOLT!!!!!!!

I mean BLOWING your final timeout to ice a 25 year vet after you blew your second timeout out icing the first kicker is maniacal. Didn't he know the possibility of Mort missing that field goal and his team getting the ball near mid field and needing 20-25 yards to get into field goal range and how valuable the last timeout for his team would be???? Guess what Bill, your QB completes the pass that got your team in field goal range, BUT FAILING TO HAVE ANY TIMEOUTS LEFT, THANKS TO YOU, your team hurriedly and NERVOUSLY comes up to the line to spike the ball and Nate WASN'T SET and was MOVING, HENCE THE 10 sec runoff, instead of lining up for a potential winning field goal. WAY TO GO BILL!!!
LoneHorseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,062 Times in 3,065 Posts
Default Re: Cowher You DOLT!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneHorseman View Post
I mean BLOWING your final timeout to ice a 25 year vet after you blew your second timeout out icing the first kicker is maniacal. Didn't he know the possibility of Mort missing that field goal and his team getting the ball near mid field and needing 20-25 yards to get into field goal range and how valuable the last timeout for his team would be???? Guess what Bill, your QB completes the pass that got your team in field goal range, BUT FAILING TO HAVE ANY TIMEOUTS LEFT, THANKS TO YOU, your team hurriedly and NERVOUSLY comes up to the line to spike the ball and Nate WASN'T SET and was MOVING, HENCE THE 10 sec runoff, instead of lining up for a potential winning field goal. WAY TO GO BILL!!!
i think you may be right. but challenging the warrick dunn td was pretty absurd too.

anyways it wasnt cowher who fumbled 3 times. i cant blame the coaching on this one.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 03:46 AM   #3
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i think you may be right. but challenging the warrick dunn td was pretty absurd too.

anyways it wasnt cowher who fumbled 3 times. i cant blame the coaching on this one.
Every time I'm reading a thread you always seem to have something practical to say 'tony', well put once again.

This loss was not due to coaching I'm afraid to say, well actually I'm not afraid to say. With regard to using the timeout to ice Mort, that's a call that I imagine just about every coach in the NFL would have made in that situation. If you want to split hairs, there were 8 seconds on the clock when they spiked the ball. Therefore they really didn't need to hurry quite as fast as they did, they could've easily taken another couple seconds to get properly set before the snap. Even still, more often than not they'll be able to get to the line in time to spike the ball without incurring a penalty in that situation, a timeout really was not necessary there. Truth is, that's a scenario I'm sure is rehearsed on a regular basis in practice, and pretty much all NFL teams should be able to execute that play without any problem, or at least they better be able to. As was clearly evidenced yesterday, it's a play that can make or break a game.

Anyways, 'tony' is right here, the 3 fumbles are inexcusable. I mean honestly, it's getting sort of ridiculous this season in general if you ask me. Never mind Ben's 7 INT's, which albeit certainly haven't helped matters, the fumbles have got to stop. It's already cost us a minimum of 2 games I would say, and if it continues it could be that alone that ultimately brings about the demise of our season.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:32 AM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Two incidents which urked me yesterday with Cowher.....

"We left everything on the football field and I couldn't be more proud of the group of guys," Cowher said

For some reason, that quote did not sit well with me yesterday. Nine penalties and four turnovers doesn't exactly make me "proud".

Also, the laughing and joking with Vick on the sideline after getting torched for an easy first down made me choke on my beer. Now, I'm not expecting Cowher to put Vick in a choke hold, but did they all also make dinner plans for after the game while on the sidelines?

Please understand, I'm not calling for Cowher's head. By no means am I blaming the loss on Bill Cowher nor do I consider him a "dolt". As stated by Tony, he did not fumble the ball three times, but I was taken back by his comments and actions yesterday.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 10-23-2006 at 06:36 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:41 AM   #5
SteelersFreak
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2842

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post

"We left everything on the football field and I couldn't be more proud of the group of guys," Cowher said

For some reason, that quote did not sit well with me yesterday. Nine penalties and four turnovers doesn't exactly make me "proud".

Also, the laughing and joking with Vick on the sideline after getting torched for an easy first down made me choke on my beer. Now, I'm not expecting Cowher to put Vick in a choke hold, but did they all also make dinner plans for after the game while on the sidelines?

Please understand, I'm not calling for Cowher's head. By no means am I blaming the loss on Bill Cowher nor do I consider him a "dolt". As stated by Tony, he did not fumble the ball three times, but I was taken back by his comments and actions yesterday.
Sometimes coaches will try to calm down. He was probably pissed off after that play, and he was someone he could talk to and just calm down for a second. Not saying he should of, but you see that kind of stuff all the time.
SteelersFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:44 AM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersFreak View Post
Sometimes coaches will try to calm down. He was probably pissed off after that play, and he was someone he could talk to and just calm down for a second. Not saying he should of, but you see that kind of stuff all the time.
I also remember the Bill Cowher who motioned a forearm shiver a few years back towards an opposing player. I'll take the emotional and heated Bill Cowher over the "Let's do lunch" and "I couldn't be more proud of our guys" Bill Cowher please. Just my preference I guess.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 10-23-2006 at 06:58 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 06:59 AM   #7
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

Quote:
Watching Cowher do the "Chuckle-Luckle" with Vick after that first down really pissed me off!!
Instead of dinner plans after the game Cowher was probably asking for an autograph.

I've always believed in the old "Sam Wyche Line"-"They're the enemy over there". "You don't go and shake hands and hug their neck"............Especially during the heat of battle.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:02 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:

I've got to agree here, 83. Like you, I don't blame this loss on Cowher, but I think I expected him to acknowledge the turnovers and say something - anything - regarding those, as the fumbles definitely adversely impacted the game. I have no idea what the smile and talk was between Cowher and Vick on the sidelines, but I have to be honest here - that bothered me a bit, too. Bill could have saved the pleasantries for after the game, imho.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:10 AM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Let's face it, the whole team is making a bunch of bonehead mistakes/plays!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:10 AM   #10
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

I maybe in the minority here... But I think cowher has quit on us. I dont think that this team is a 2-4 team. I understand the turnovers had a part in the game.. But I feel mora out coached cowher today
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote