Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-23-2006, 07:11 AM   #11
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Cowher You DOLT!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Let's face it, the whole team is making a bunch of bonehead mistakes/plays!
Unfortunately, well stated.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:04 AM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I maybe in the minority here... But I think cowher has quit on us. I dont think that this team is a 2-4 team. I understand the turnovers had a part in the game.. But I feel mora out coached cowher today
I totally disagree here. I don't believe for one second that Cowher has quit on his team. A coach can lay out the most perfect game plan and rev the guys up in the locker room, but it is up to THEM to execute that plan and simply put - not make costly mistakes. That isn't something a coach can correct, unfortunately. Mora didn't outcoach Cowher yesterday - Mora out-lucked Cowher yesterday by receiving several gift-wrapped scoring opportunities. Simply put- his team took advantage of those gifts and those turnovers bit the Steelers in the ass.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:56 AM   #13
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

As far as Cowher and Vick... let's face it. They share something that we don't. They are in the NFL and we are not. We have no way of understanding the relationships among those who are there. It is what it is, and I trust that two players joking, or a player and a coach, would have no bearing on thier respective intensity or desire.... otherwise they wouldn't do it. These guys are there because they don't just WANT to win, they BURN to win. What you think you see is not and can never be the same as a window onto a man's heart.

There were a dozen reasons we lost that game, and timeouts and officials' decisions were 11th and 12th on the list behind various fumbles, penaties, blown coverages and lost gambles, with no small credit going to an Atlanta team that wasn't cowed and believed that they could win.

tOM
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:21 AM   #14
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

Our pass coverage stinks as it is but when you have fumbles and allow a team to get scoring opportunities like that is really hard to win. I was suprised we were even in the game at all as many fumbles we had.

For those who somehow think that Cowher was outcoached or this was somehow his fault ( which happens every year) is just absurd. I dont know if Washington flinched or not, but he got called for the flag.. not Cowher. We got the ball back and had an opportunity to win so his thinking worked. Troy got penalized.. not Cowher. Cowher also didnt have anything to do with the fumbles. People who isntantly blame the coach for everything are the same ones that when a player does something well, the player is great.. not the coach. Put the blame ( if you must ) on the players who actually ****ed it up.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:00 AM   #15
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i think you may be right. but challenging the warrick dunn td was pretty absurd too.

anyways it wasnt cowher who fumbled 3 times. i cant blame the coaching on this one.
Exactly, if you hold on to the ball then you don't lose and this talk about Cowher is a mute point.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:04 AM   #16
ItaliaFem
Water Boy

Member Number: 2479

This one is not Cowher's fault. Turnovers and penalties are faults of the players. He led us to a Bowl and I can't immediately destroy him as soon as we start losing. He didn't stay with us for all these years, through good and bad just to give up. I hate Micheal Vick but I have to admit he outplayed us and wanted it more than we did.
ItaliaFem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 11:03 AM   #17
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I totally disagree here. I don't believe for one second that Cowher has quit on his team. A coach can lay out the most perfect game plan and rev the guys up in the locker room, but it is up to THEM to execute that plan and simply put - not make costly mistakes. That isn't something a coach can correct, unfortunately. Mora didn't outcoach Cowher yesterday - Mora out-lucked Cowher yesterday by receiving several gift-wrapped scoring opportunities. Simply put- his team took advantage of those gifts and those turnovers bit the Steelers in the ass.
of course you do. I dont think cowher being chummy with vick during the game is best for his team. No disrespect hometown but sometimes we as fans need to look on the outside a little bit more. Can you honestly tell me this is a 2-4 team? can you tell me that you think cowher is giving it his all. I have seen several terrible mistakes by him this year
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:19 PM   #18
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
of course you do. I dont think cowher being chummy with vick during the game is best for his team. No disrespect hometown but sometimes we as fans need to look on the outside a little bit more. Can you honestly tell me this is a 2-4 team? can you tell me that you think cowher is giving it his all. I have seen several terrible mistakes by him this year
Do I believe the Steelers are a 2-4 team? On paper and in my heart of hearts - no. With their mental mistakes, problems holding on to the ball and keeping their opponents in the game (while totally outplaying them) thus far this season - yes - they've played like a 2-4 team thus far and it hurts to say that, but that is my honest opinion. Do I think Cowher is giving it his all? HELL YES. He can work with them in practice, he can point out their mistakes on film, he (and his coaches) can brainstorm the best game plan out there, he can go postal on them in that locker room, but he CAN'T control what the players themselves do on that field. As has been pointed out many times since yesterday's loss, Cowher isn't out there making those mistakes, giving the ball away, missing tackles, getting burned in coverage, etc. The players are.

It is so easy to blame the coach for everything that goes wrong instead of looking at the big picture - the Steelers as a team are not firing on all cylinders in unison as they did during the second half of last season and no one player is to blame - they've all had a hand in their problems this season, along with unfortunate injuries to some of their key players. Do I think they can turn themselves around and make a run at the playoffs? Most definitely, though it is going to be an uphill climb, but until they are mathematically eliminated, I am going to continue to believe in this team and their coaching staff, including Bill Cowher.

Cowher held a team meeting several days before the KC game last week and you saw the results. If we were looking at a coach who simply didn't give a rat's ass, I highly doubt that he would have taken the time or put forth the effort to hold such a meeting.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #19
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 604

I only buy the "Coaches coach and the Players play" arguement to a certain point.
If there is a fumbling issue on the special teams or a rash of stupid penalties then it's the head coach and his staff to address those issues with the players and take the necessary steps to correct them.

When there is repeated errors being made by the same people the bulk of the responsibility falls on the coach for not making the necessary corrections with a player/s and subject to even further scrutiny if the same knuckleheads who are making critical errors are still being allowed to play week after week.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:42 PM   #20
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

If that is the case, then the whole team needs to be benched and we should have to forfiet the rest of the games. Only a small handfull of players have been consistant up to this point and havnt made bonehead mistakes.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote