Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-23-2006, 08:09 AM   #11
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717
Default Re: Rooney Upset Over Officiating

the refs made a bad call and we lost, nothing else to it.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:12 AM   #12
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
In this case, I have to disagree with Rooney. We had plenty of chances to put that game away minus the calls. That game should have been over at halftime. In my opinion (and maybe I was watching a different game), but Jeff Reed did in fact trip Rossum. Plain and simple.

Place the blame where it deserves to be placed. You can't turn the ball over four times (three of those inside our own 30 which led to 21 Falcon points) and expect to win. We handed the Falcons that game on a silver platter and they took advantage of our mistakes. Sounds familiar.
I agree that our own mistakes are what cost us the game....no doubt. With that being said, I would like to know your thoughts about that movement call right at the end of regulation time?

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:26 AM   #13
SteelersWoman
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3077

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I agree.
I agree as well. He did trip him on purpose.

Quote:
why wasn't there a flag thrown on the hit on Ben? ... Didn't Chad Brown get a roughing the passer call for knocking Vick down supposedly after a pass was thrown earlier in the game?

No one understands why there wasn't a penalty for the late hit--there should've been, you're right, there was one thrown for a late hit on Vick.

Quote:
The biggest problem with NFL refs today (other than being as blind as bats at times) can be summed up in one word....[B]CONSISTENCY/B]
I've only been watching for a year, but it seems to me that every team gets inconsistent calls made by the refs. It does seem though, that some teams seem to be singled out with a bit more regularity.

There was also someone in another forum that mentioned the clock. Did any of you notice that it didn't stop when one of their guys went out of bounds right before we got the ball at the end of the 4th? And they didn't reset the clock to show that 17 seconds that was lost by not stopping it. That 17 seconds would've given us the chance (even after a 10 second run-off) to make that FG at the end. Someone else rewound the tape and said that the clock was NOT re-set, so that's another mistake by the refs...that one cost us the game if it happened that way. No one from our team/coaches/etc noticed in all the excitement.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:27 AM   #14
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

To my knowledge, it was a false start by rule. When the other 10 players on the field are set, and someone moves in the manner that Washington did in that instance, that's going to get called almost every time. It's unfortunate because there were 8 seconds on the clock at that point, so the offense could have taken a couple more seconds to get everyone properly set without having to hurry as much as they did.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:36 AM   #15
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
Rooney needs to stop sounding like other team's owners, coaches, and players. Don't blame anyone but your team and/or your coach!! PERIOD!!!
I agree. Were there bad calls? Sure. Example: First quarter. Vick deep ball. McFadden with the coverage. McFadden never looked back at the ball and completely raped the Falcon's WR. How that wasn't pass interference I will never know. I have to wonder if the out cry towards the officiating would be this loud if the calls were against the Falcons instead of our beloved Steelers? Eitherway, we should never have put ourselves in the situation to take those penalties.

Excessive celebration. I recall Cowher stating about a two weeks ago that "It will never happen again.". Well, it happened again. Shot ourselves in the foot with penalties (dumb ones) and turnovers. IMO, we have nobody to blame but ourselves for that loss.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 10-23-2006 at 08:47 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:37 AM   #16
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4spd View Post
To my knowledge, it was a false start by rule. When the other 10 players on the field are set, and someone moves in the manner that Washington did in that instance, that's going to get called almost every time. It's unfortunate because there were 8 seconds on the clock at that point, so the offense could have taken a couple more seconds to get everyone properly set without having to hurry as much as they did.
Nate did not flinch, he took a full step. Right call from what I saw.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:46 AM   #17
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
I agree that our own mistakes are what cost us the game....no doubt. With that being said, I would like to know your thoughts about that movement call right at the end of regulation time?
I guess my question is, was that a good call? I didn't see the movement....there were problems with the screen I was watching.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:48 AM   #18
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Nate did not flinch, he took a full step. Right call from what I saw.
Thanks.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:51 AM   #19
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersWoman View Post
There was also someone in another forum that mentioned the clock.

Speaking of the clock, I noticed on two different occasions when we had the ball the time clock was clearly on zero and there wasn't a delay of game penalty called.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:52 AM   #20
mopartodd
Water Boy

Member Number: 3178

If there is anything to be upset over, it's the lack of discipline this team is showing. The celebration calls, the fumbles, the movement on the line, personal fouls. WTF??? This is the second game this season that has bit this team in the behind.

I think coach Cowher is thinking about joining us here in NC, because he doesn't seem to have his hands on the reigns of this team.
mopartodd is offline   Reply With Quote