Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #21
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Rooney Upset Over Officiating

Quote:
Originally Posted by mopartodd View Post
If there is anything to be upset over, it's the lack of discipline this team is showing. The celebration calls, the fumbles, the movement on the line, personal fouls. WTF??? This is the second game this season that has bit this team in the behind.

I think coach Cowher is thinking about joining us here in NC, because he doesn't seem to have his hands on the reigns of this team.
While I agree with those who state Cowher had no control over the three fumbles in yesterday's game, I do blame Cowher for keeping Colclough in there as long as he did in the beginning of the year and it ultimately bit us in the butt against the Bengals.

As for the excessive celebration. Obviously he's not getting through to them.

Overall, I don't completely disagree with you even though I'm sure it's not the popular opinion with Steeler nation. Maybe he is thinking about NC. At the same time, maybe the whole team is thinking about last February. It's seems we have the "we did it last season" type of attitude after every loss and it's going to bite us in the rear. It already is. It's a new season. New teams.

As much as some don't like to hear it or say it, the HC has to take some blame for this teams overall performance.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 10-23-2006 at 09:03 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 08:55 AM   #22
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Speaking of the clock, I noticed on two different occasions when we had the ball the time clock was clearly on zero and there wasn't a delay of game penalty called.
I noticed the clock ticked down to zero before the ball was snapped to Ben on one occasion but didn't catch the other. Good call Sherlock!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:01 AM   #23
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by floodcitygirl View Post
I came on here to ask that very question! To my eyes that hit looked very late and helmet first. Why no flag????!!!
Cwher's comment: "The league will take care of that." I sort of agree. I thought it was going to be a 15 yard helmet/helmet call, especially after Brown got that 15 yarder for a push. But, they can't see everything.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:03 AM   #24
steela fan 4eva
Water Boy

Member Number: 3461

turnovers and no running game will put the steelers in the hole everytime. How many games have we gave away this year cuz of turnovers???? to many to count!! Hope Big Ben's mental game is not affected by the hit yesterday. Can u say "hello FLAG"!!! Charlie Batch did good!! Hometown boy in the house!!!!
steela fan 4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:04 AM   #25
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I noticed the clock ticked down to zero before the ball was snapped to Ben on one occasion but didn't catch the other. Good call Sherlock!
I have my moments. Very few, but I have my moments.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:42 AM   #26
Midnightwriter07
Starter

Member Number: 2305

Yes, the coach should take SOME of the balme.. is part of his overall receord that either keeps him with a team or canned, but the people who just blame him for everything is obsurd. Everytiem there is a loss, Cowher somehow gets blamed and it has been going on since he got here. Hardly ever is the responsibility put on the players who actually are playing the game and making the mistakes. When I finaly had a chance to jump on this board this morning, I really thought i would see more comments about Parker fumbling the ball, Holmes fumbling, our secondary ( who never seems to get called out for thier aweful play) and last but not least, Troy and Washington getting flagged.
Midnightwriter07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:56 AM   #27
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Minus the one thread, I really don't see Cowher taking all that much heat for this teams performance over the last six weeks on this site. The local media here in Pittsburgh rarely puts any type of blame on Cowher. That also goes for the local sports shows. The day you hear Tunch, Wolf, Bob Pompeani, Bob Smizik, Bob Labriola and Co. throw some blame in Cowher's direction it will be a first.

By no means am I putting the full blame on Cowher, that's just crazy, but he does deserve some blame. Like I said though, some simply want to put the full blame on the players.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 10-23-2006 at 10:02 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 09:57 AM   #28
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Reed clearly tripped him. I don't know what game Rooney was watching but it was the right call on the tripping penalty.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 10:56 AM   #29
mopartodd
Water Boy

Member Number: 3178

Clearly Cowher is not responsible for ALL that has happened. But the plays that involve issues of conduct and discipline are of concern, such as the celebration penalties that continue to be called. "Tell me Hines Ward didn't know better than to join in yesterday."

I hope Coach Cowher and the rest of the staff drive home the importance of discipline.
mopartodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 12:23 PM   #30
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerFanInCA View Post
Reed clearly tripped him. I don't know what game Rooney was watching but it was the right call on the tripping penalty.
No way. Reed tripped himself getting faked out of his ass by a superior athlete.

How many of you all have actually played ball? Especially against guys where the skill delta between them and you is as large as it is between a very good punt returner and a kicker?

The officiating was garbage in this game, but it is not the reason we lost, neither were the turnovers, they were ALL in the first half and we came away still leading at the half. Unless you make the argument that the defense was prematurely fatigued because of the time of possesion only during the first half was lopsided (which unless you talk to the actual players not one person on here can make that determination) the defense is what lost us this game.