Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-24-2006, 12:56 PM   #11
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: The raider game

First of all, I believe we have to win 9 of the next 10 games and we can't lose to an AFC team. If we do that, then are chances of making the playoffs will be minimized based on head to head, division, and conference wins (all tie breakers when the records are even).

Second, we can not begin to play the "WHAT IF" game with any team on our schedule. We do have to take this one week at a time and work on eliminating turnovers and stupid idiotic bunglish celebration penalties.

Finally, this game on Sunday needs to be a straight up arse whoopin' on the raiders. They have hope now, they've won a game. Our job on Sunday is to put out the lights!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 01:39 PM   #12
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,423 Times in 2,371 Posts

We need to get up on them fast and hard, not give them a glimmer of hope.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 02:43 PM   #13
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Does anyhave an extra can of that spray adhesive laying around. That should work.................
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:04 PM   #14
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,423 Times in 2,371 Posts

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:17 PM   #15
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

We are every team's Super Bowl this year. I wouldn't take the Raiders or anyone else for that matter lightly. The Raiders will come to play on Sunday. We need to be ready week in and week out for these challenges.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:29 PM   #16
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I dont think i'll be starting LaMont Jordan in my FF - something tells me he will be in for a statistically insignificant day (even if he is fit).

I wonder if Steeler nation will be able to keep its head if the Steelers roll out the expected ass-whupping?

Or will we get proclamations that the Steelers can do the same to Cincy when they meet.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:46 PM   #17
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
If we can finish the season winning at least the next 8 of our last ten games I think that will put us in the playoffs. And i dont think that number is out of reach
I was thinking about this over the weekend even prior to Sunday's game, and I would have to disagree with you. In the AFC, I seriously doubt that a 10-6 record will get a team into the playoffs. In the NFC sure, but not the AFC. Remember, the Steelers finished at 11-5 last year and lost the division title to Cincy only due to the tie-breaker, and that just barely put them in the playoffs as the 6th seed.

Despite the fact that it's only week 8, the Steelers need to dial up the intesity from here on out and play with a decided sense of urgency. The way I see it, every game should now be viewed as an absolute must win.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 03:49 PM   #18
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by memphissteelergirl View Post
You're right, Big D...a loss to the worst team in the league? That would be devastating!
Personally, I think ANY loss from here on out could be potentially devastating. The Steelers just cannot afford to take any team lightly at this point.

I would love nothing more than to see Weird Al leaving his cushy owner's box with a huge skid mark in the back of that ancient white polyester leisure suit.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 04:13 PM   #19
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

I dont like the scenario going into Oakland. Raiders at home coming off their first win and the Steelers coming in licking their wounds with their pride tinged. I dont want to make a huge statement about it being a must win for the playoffs, etc. but this is a game that will be a litmus test for their heart, passion and pride as World Champs. This is one of those games the so called experts will say the Steelers are "supposed" to win. Yeah, their supposed to win every game as defending champs right? It is time for the rookies to shake off the nerves, field some footballs and make plays, period. I love the Steelers, always have and always will but this season has given me more angst and confusion than any that I remember in recent history.

And I have to agree with other posts about Cowher. He does not have the fire he had since he has been the HC. This season is almost like a Twilight Zone episode to me.

Anyway, my roommate is a Raider fan so this Sunday will be interesting.
Old 10-24-2006, 04:27 PM   #20
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Wink Re: The raider game

First of all ... if we lose to the Lowly Raiders... well.. our season is definitely over and we should play for the first over all pick in the draft.. I dont think that it is Cowhers fault with what is happening with our team right now. We are turning the ball over WAY TOO MUCH... for the last few years we have NOT done that and we won alot of games... now that Ben has gotten his rythm back he has to go and get this concussion which may set him back a little bit more as well... Our season is pretty much in jeopardy right now, though I am not giving up on us at this point. But it would be hard on us to get 8 more wins to get into the playoffs now... But I Still Love My Black N Gold...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote