Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-24-2006, 04:46 PM   #21
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: The raider game

I don't even want to think about losing to the Raiders.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 06:45 PM   #22
silver & black
Team President

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer View Post
I don't even want to think about losing to the Raiders.
I do!

Seriously, I really doubt that we are up to the task of beating the Steelers.

We looked MUCH better last week on both sides of the ball... even our sorry O line picked it up a notch and gave Walter time to throw. Fargas and Lee rotated in the RB spot and did well. I hope Jordan doesn't play again on Sunday... he just doesn't have what it takes to be starter material in the NFL (my opinion). Crockett kicked ass as FB. Had Moss and Curry both not dropped balls in the end zone, we would have scored 2 more TD's.

I can't wait for this game... I love to play the Steelers!

Even though we were much improved last week, it was against the Cardinals... not exactly a team of the Steeler's caliber. I hope we can make it a game, but I don't think we can beat you.

I will be watching the game with a bunch of my Steelers fans buddies at the local sports bar... should be fun!

I hope there are no injuries on either team and the officials call a good game. No matter what happens on Sunday, good luck with the rest your season, and maybe the Raiders will be back in a few years and we can resume the most kickass rivalry that has ever been!
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:02 PM   #23
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I do!

We looked MUCH better last week on both sides of the ball... even our sorry O line picked it up a notch and gave Walter time to throw. Fargas and Lee rotated in the RB spot and did well. I hope Jordan doesn't play again on Sunday... he just doesn't have what it takes to be starter material in the NFL (my opinion). Crockett kicked ass as FB. Had Moss and Curry both not dropped balls in the end zone, we would have scored 2 more TD's.

Even though we were much improved last week, it was against the Cardinals... not exactly a team of the Steeler's caliber. I hope we can make it a game, but I don't think we can beat you.

I will be watching the game with a bunch of my Steelers fans buddies at the local sports bar... should be fun!

I hope there are no injuries on either team and the officials call a good game. No matter what happens on Sunday, good luck with the rest your season, and maybe the Raiders will be back in a few years and we can resume the most kickass rivalry that has ever been!
Thanks for the classy post!! And as we've all learned all too quickly......anything can happen.

I'm sure we'll kick your butts even with our backup quarterback...... !! Here's to safe game on both sides......no more of this!!! (do you hear me, Ben???)
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:04 AM   #24
NorthWestRaider
Water Boy

Member Number: 3507

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus View Post
If we lose..that's a big IF...ah..I can't bear to think about it. The earth should spin off it's axis.

Then I guess you better hold on .....but truly....in every logical sense the steelers should be HEAVY favorites....the Steelers are catching the Raiders at their lowest point in their history. Then again....the D has been playing tough...I believe they are ranked 5th overall....if only the O can continue to gel....Walter is comming around......so again...logically the Steelers should run away with this game...then again....any given Sunday.......
NorthWestRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 12:11 AM   #25
skinart82
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3485

The Raiders did beat beat a team that almost destroyed The Bears, so we don't need to go into this game with big heads thinking it's going to be an easy win. Remember the game against the lions last year, that should have been a blowout.
skinart82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:29 AM   #26
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Exclamation Re: The raider game

This league is so whacky sometimes... even the Raiders can pull one out every once in a while... I have a real good friend that is a die hard Raiders fan and he has hated the last few years since their super bowl year... I just hate watching games with him cuz he gets so mad and cuses and swares alot... so, good luck to both and again I hope for no more injuries for either team...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:32 AM   #27
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
First of all ... if we lose to the Lowly Raiders... well.. our season is definitely over and we should play for the first over all pick in the draft.. I dont think that it is Cowhers fault with what is happening with our team right now. We are turning the ball over WAY TOO MUCH... for the last few years we have NOT done that and we won alot of games... now that Ben has gotten his rythm back he has to go and get this concussion which may set him back a little bit more as well... Our season is pretty much in jeopardy right now, though I am not giving up on us at this point. But it would be hard on us to get 8 more wins to get into the playoffs now... But I Still Love My Black N Gold...
I have to strongly disagree with you on this one. It seems like some people in this forum believe cowher cant do no wrong. I have not seen the intensity out of him this year that i've seen in years first. When I see this team turning the ball over the way we have it shows me the lack of disipline. I dont think cowhers heart is in the game. I honor this man for what he's done with this franchise. We have been spoiled by his presence. In a league where the coaches shelf life doesnt seem to go past three years I think we are very lucky for what he's done. But the time has come for us to turn the reigns to someone new
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:27 AM   #28
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

If we control the turnovers, then we shouldn't have a problem with the raiders. However, you give any team the ball inside your own 30 and your bound to have difficulties winning the game.
With the raiders, there is no love lost between franchises and fans. So if anyone believes that for one minute we can walk into their house and just rip out a victory, then they haven't been paying attention the last few weeks. Of our 4 loses, 3 of them have been gift wrapped.
If the Steelers don't pull their heads out of their arses, it could be a challenging week.

BUT on that note, I do believe that the team will right the wrongs of last week and once again start a winning streak.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:39 AM   #29
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Thumbs down Re: The raider game

So, Big D.. what your sayin is that the turnovers and penalties and bad times is not what is losing games for us right now? I agree that it seems a little weird to not see Bill with that Cowhering look on his face at times and maybe that is what this team needs... but Cowher aint the one out there throwing 7 Int's his first 2 games and it aint Cowher out there throwing the ball on the ground like Holmes and Parker and Haynes are doing ... All the blame is Not Cowhers...No Way...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 07:53 AM   #30
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
I do!

Thanks for the props and for your class, silver & black. Much appreciated! Good luck to your Raiders on Sunday - hopefully they're going to need it.

I take NO team for granted, especially not in our present situation. Every game from here on out is a playoff game for the Steelers - there is no margin for error.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote