Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-24-2006, 07:20 PM   #11
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707
Default Re: TOWEL BOY MUST GO..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Pretty much sums it up. Duce in his infamous battleship colored sweats playing with his pisello.
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 07:38 PM   #12
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

SteelerHoss... has that Canada Cold froze your brain? Staley has proven that his days are over in Pittsburgh unless you have seen something I havent... and I doubt that...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 08:55 PM   #13
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersHoss View Post
Is it me, but has this man not rushed for over 1000 yards a few years ago. He was on pace for an amazing year 2 years ago. I donlt understand the NFL soemetimes. It is not like he forgot to run the ball. he is a good runner. Give him a chance.
I completely agree. There is a reason they are keeping Duce, or is there?
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 09:25 PM   #14
BIGBENFASTWILLIE
Living Legend

Member Number: 618

I dont understand what happened to him..........When hes health he can do a good job
Old 10-24-2006, 10:29 PM   #15
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBENFASTWILLIE View Post
I dont understand what happened to him..........When hes health he can do a good job
It's that "healthy" thing that has been his main problem. He can't stay healthy. Sorry, but unless someone can see something that we can't, it's time for Duce to fade into retirement.
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2006, 11:09 PM   #16
Chronicgaming
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 1067

My Prediction: Duce comes out of the woodwork to make a key play late in the season... in the redzone.

ok... Time to get back to drinking again.

Seriously though, I would like to know the reason for keeping him on the roster. Is there something on his contract that is preventing the Steelers from releasing him? Maybe a huge lump payment if he is released early? (I don't know much about NFL contracts, is that possible?)
Old 10-24-2006, 11:48 PM   #17
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

There were so many of us that wanted him gone at the end of last season, but I don't know if it was possible contractually. All I know is that I'm also so sick of seeing him there on the sidelines. As far as giving the guy a chance, I see where you're coming from, but Duce has had plenty of chances and has proven to be nothing but a crystal figurine - a very, very expensive crystal figurine. Why not give that chance to someone else? After all, our coaching staff excels at finding RB talent.
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 02:53 AM   #18
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelersHoss View Post
Is it me, but has this man not rushed for over 1000 yards a few years ago. He was on pace for an amazing year 2 years ago. I donlt understand the NFL soemetimes. It is not like he forgot to run the ball. he is a good runner. Give him a chance.
That was my exact opinion heading into this season before he came into camp looking like he came off a two year twinkie binge and it reflected on the field.

Zero discipline if you ask me.
Old 10-25-2006, 04:11 AM   #19
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I think Cowher generally knows what he is doing in terms of personnel decisions, so you'd have to imagine that Staley will play a part later this year.

The Steeler running game hs been pretty good on the whole, so I dont think there is any real need to activate Staley at this point - however, if Fast Willie was to pick up an injury then Cowher probably believes that Staley would be in a better position to step in than anyone who is available is a free agent.

At this stage of the season there is probably little value to cutting Staley, because there is very little of value in the free agency market.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 06:06 AM   #20
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Exclamation Re: TOWEL BOY MUST GO..

I guess Cobbs must not be available anymore... what happened to him when we released him anyway? I would just like to see us have someone in Staley's spot that can contribute.. like Quincy Morgan to return punts atleast.. something other than just stand there on the sideline waiting on your weekly check for Nothing..
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote