Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 10:19 PM   #21
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Classless in Atlanta

I expressed my outrage over this very topic on Sunday night. It amazes me to no end that Chad Brown got called for a "late hit" on Vick - which was about as minor as they come, but no flag was thrown on the hit on Ben when not just one, but TWO Atlanta defenders came in on his head. I felt then that is was a deliberate attempt to injure and this only reinforces that belief. There is absolutely NO excuse for the NFL to be sweeping this under the rug - none whatsoever. I hope Dan Rooney raises holy hell over this.

As for the inappropriate remark made to Ben, it doesn't shock me at all - some athletes go above and beyond the game and take it to a personal level instead of leaving it on the field - - - UNTIL karma comes back around to bite them in the ass and they experience a similar situation with one of their loved ones. What goes around comes around.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 10-25-2006, 10:32 PM   #22
Blitzburgh
Banned

Member Number: 2863

Wasn't a cheap shot .... man up and get over it. The league reviews all questionable calls and would deem it a finable hit if it were cheap .... especially a hit on a QB!

Wasn't cheap .... just too many angry fans out there that want to lash out at something .... anything ... right now.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:53 PM   #23
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Isn't there a rule against lowering your head when hitting the QB? I'm not sure, but it seems like Mike Perriera talked about it on NFL Total Access when he was questioned about the roughing the passer penalty near the end of the Cincy/Tampa Bay game. I could be wrong about it, does anyone else remember the interview and/or know the rule?
Old 10-26-2006, 12:11 AM   #24
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal
I expressed my outrage over this very topic on Sunday night. It amazes me to no end that Chad Brown got called for a "late hit" on Vick - which was about as minor as they come, but no flag was thrown on the hit on Ben when not just one, but TWO Atlanta defenders came in on his head. I felt then that is was a deliberate attempt to injure and this only reinforces that belief. There is absolutely NO excuse for the NFL to be sweeping this under the rug - none whatsoever. I hope Dan Rooney raises holy hell over this.

As for the inappropriate remark made to Ben, it doesn't shock me at all - some athletes go above and beyond the game and take it to a personal level instead of leaving it on the field - - - UNTIL karma comes back around to bite them in the ass and they experience a similar situation with one of their loved ones. What goes around comes around.
Agreed 100%.

Lowering your head to hit QB + helmet-to-helmet contact = cheap shot. The defender taunting Ben after the fact only adds to my belief, and why there was no flag thrown on the play is beyond me. If the league is so hell-bent on protecting the QB at all costs, then they and the refs need to be more consistent when it comes to hits like this.
Old 10-26-2006, 12:18 AM   #25
wildjames
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel_Bus_24 View Post
There should have been a flag.

If that were Manning, Brady, or Palmer getting hit like that there would be laundry all over the field, and the NFL would send assasins the next day to take out whoever hit em
Yeah, that's because the NFL cares about the good quarterbacks.
Old 10-26-2006, 01:22 AM   #26
clarient
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1742

DAMMIT BEN, WEAR THE FRIGGIN' HELMET... WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM?!?!?

I swear to God he's just asking to get hurt. Won't wear the helmet on the motorcycle - by the way, my father died in a motorcycle accident, Ben, and he WAS wearing a helmet - and now you won't wear the one that helps protect against further concussions.

And if you beg and plead your way into the game on Sunday and you get hurt again, then I don't care what other people say - you deserve every bit of what you get.

STOP BEING A DIMWITTED QUARTERBACK! Just because you're ACTING like you've got rocks for brains doesn't mean you DO! Arghsadnklnakjshdbasdb!!!!
Old 10-26-2006, 06:13 AM   #27
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Angry Re: Classless in Atlanta

CLARIENT... what has God done to you today? Not Good Boy...Not Good... No matter how bad the falcon players and or fans are there should not be language like that... Every defense would be taunting like that after a big hit on the opposing QB when you think that you have made him go down hard.. and I know that if the tables were turned I would have jumped off the couch celebrating... This forrum is starting to scare me with what people are allowed to say... May God Bless You Clarient..
Old 10-26-2006, 06:29 AM   #28
Cry Me a River
Banned

Member Number: 3521

Last edited by Cry Me a River; 10-26-2006 at 06:34 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 07:56 AM   #29
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Well, we can go back to last week when sissynatti got a roughing the passer call against them for falling on Gradowski for the bucs. That was ridiculous. The league's officials have no consistency and they obviously have no desire to teach these over the hill refs how to be consistent from team to team.
On the other hand, football is a violent sport and we have to expect that players are going to be hurt. Even our QB! The thing that our team has to do is go out and make up for it. And in now way am I saying that they need to illegally hit/hurt another player but instead within the guidelines of the rules, make them pay for hurting one of our own!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
Old 10-26-2006, 08:42 AM   #30
Cry Me a River
Banned

Member Number: 3521

How does he remember all this? I thought he got knocked out. Seems a bit fishy to me.
Closed Thread