Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 10-25-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
I-Want-Troy's-Hair
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2698
Default Edge -- your kidding right?

Edgerrin hello we're talking the Cardinals here they just didn't enter the NFL this year. There were 40 million reasons why you jumped ship from the Dolts shut up and take your medicine.

James again at a loss
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/card...rdsnb1023.html

Kent Somers
The Arizona Republic
Oct. 23, 2006 12:00 AM

OAKLAND - Running back Edgerrin James again expressed surprise and dismay Sunday about his lack of production since joining the Cardinals this off-season.

He can't say he wasn't warned.

"I got a lot of warnings," he said.

He watched tape of the Cardinals games last year and was reassured. He didn't see a lot of defenders near the line of scrimmage, so he figured he would have plenty of room to run.

Instead, James is getting stuffed. Forget gaining 100 yards in a game. He's lucky to get to 50. In Sunday's loss to Oakland, he had 34 yards on 13 carries.

"I was warned, but, man, we got to figure something out," he said. "There is too much talent on this team for stuff like this to happen."

New offensive coordinator Mike Kruczek said earlier this week the team would look to get the ball to James in different ways, but there didn't appear to be any changes Sunday.

"I'm just out there, trying to run, looking for somewhere to run and put it where I'm told to put it at," James said.
Old 10-25-2006, 10:28 PM   #2
jaysta
Starter

Member Number: 1495
Talking Re: Edge -- your kidding right?

Quite honestly I thought that he'd have a much better year than he's having too. Not to mention that it's hard not to root for Kruczek. He had the record for most consecutive wins by a rookie until Ben broke it a couple of years ago. That guy came in for Bradshaw and tore it up. Great memories!
jaysta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 10:54 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Edge -- your kidding right?

Quote:
He watched tape of the Cardinals games last year and was reassured. He didn't see a lot of defenders near the line of scrimmage, so he figured he would have plenty of room to run.
Obviously, he had a hair in his eye while watching that film, as the Cards were ranked dead LAST in the league in rushing overall last season, scoring a total of 2 - YES 2 - TDs on the ground. Being a veteran back, he should have known that a stat like that says a lot about the quality of their OL, which was the Cards' achilles heel last season and is again this season.

I had high hopes for Edge - he's always been one of my favorite backs. I drafted him in almost every one of my FFs this season, as I have done in the past, as I firmly believed he would be the catalyst to enhance that offense. I'm very close to sitting him - his production has plummeted greatly since he joined the Cards and I hate like hell to do that. If the Cards could get that OL in order, I really think they could be a force to be reckoned with, especially since the change in QB to Leinart. The lure of the green was just too powerful for Edge and it's a little too late to go back to yesterday for him with the current state of that OL, unfortunately.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:51 AM   #4
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

I told this story once before.

I was watching the FSN Arizona feed of the Steelers/Cards pre-season game earlier in the year. At one point they brought Mike Bidwell, son of Bill Bidwell and the team's VP, in to the booth to talk about the new stadium and Edge. Mike Bidwell told the guys in the booth that Edge had told him that there was a buzz around the NFL about the Cards and that Arizona was going to be the place to play. It was obvious from his manner and tone that he bought what Edge said hook, line, and sinker.

The reality is that Dennis Green hasn't been able to recapture the magic he had in Minnesota. Probably because he has one of the worst line in the NFL to go with a set of offense weapons that are among the best in the NFL.

The Chicago game probably sealed his fate in Phoenix. He's more or less a lame duck, and everyone around here seems to know that. If they could get an average O line and some good coaching, they could be very good. But right now they're playing for a Top5 draft pick.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Edge is running like Eric Dickerson did his last two years with the Colts - he doesn't have a good line and he's been beat up so bad - he is missing opportunities because he's putting his head down every time he gets the ball - take the hand off and duck - I have been following the Cards this season and he's not the sameback as he was in Indy -the line blocking is only part of it - a lot of it falls on the play calling also...running plays are too predictable
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:20 PM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

He's turned into a fantasy bust and I can't even get a decent #2 RB to trade for him.
Maybe he'll bust out of the slump long enough for me to win my league championship and them put him out there for someone else to draft!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:43 PM   #7
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Someone should have pointed out to him that there werent many people around the line of scrimmage because they were always playing from behind and thus passing often.
Old 11-02-2006, 08:58 AM   #8
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Edge always struck em as a runningback who wasn't extremely talented, but can simply find the hole and run through it.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:09 AM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Yeah he use to be able to find the hole, when he had an offensive line. Now he's struggling, ala Emmitt Smith in the cardinals uniform, to get a decent 3 yard run!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote