Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 10-26-2006, 01:01 AM   #1
HEREWEGO
Water Boy

Member Number: 3090
Default my late thoughts on the game

i just wanted to say what i thought of the falcons game. Idk what was up with Troy not being able to catch up with Vick. I mean on several occasions Vicky juked him out and made it look easy. Has Troy lost his edge? he doesnt seem as peppy on the field as he did last year. I have seen replays where he looks slow off the line sometimes....idk maybe he was just tired.

GO BATCH...i have been contemplating on what jersey to get for my birthday....it was going to be a Miller jersey but now I want a Batch one because he is the best mother effing backup QB in the NFL. I mean look at what he did. Came out of nowhere in the game and threw big passes to ward and SCORED A TD...i cant think of anybody else I would trust more with the ball than him as far as backups go

as far as Ben goes....keep our fingers crossed and hope his accident-prone period is done for.
HEREWEGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:07 AM   #2
Steelersfan4life0655
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2163
Default Re: my late thoughts on the game

well for ben, stuff happens in 3's, so i believe he's done getting hurt or cut open.
Steelersfan4life0655 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 06:18 AM   #3
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Exclamation Re: my late thoughts on the game

First of all I love Charlie Batch and he deserves your praise.... I just keep thinking that maybe Ben should atleast sit this week out against Oakland and make sure that all wires are still connected... it is not worth going out and gettin' another concussion and maybe ending his career, that would be a bad bad thing...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:48 AM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

I didn't think I'd ever say this, but I totally agree with your comments on Charlie. He definitely proved me wrong and I couldn't be happier about that.

We need to put the Atlanta game behind us - we've got some Raider ass to kick this Sunday!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 07:54 AM   #5
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,885 Times in 3,482 Posts

Need to get the D off the field on 3rd down.

After watching the replay on NFL Network, the 3rd down conversions by Atlanta were intolerable, with one particular killer play being the conversion on 3rd and 12 from inside the Falcons 20 with less than 3 minutes to go (Vick flip pass as he is about to get wrapped up). Hold them there and I think the Steelers hold the ball and win at the end of regulation.

Porter is practicing but now Haggans is down. I know they had to stay in their lanes to contain Vick (something Harrison forgot from time to time) but they need to pressure whomever Oakland has at QB.

There is no margin for error left and it is not yet November - yikes!
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 AM   #6
bradness113
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1962

Ur Troy comments are absurd. He has not lost his edge. Are u kidding me? He is an amazing athlete and the best player in the league. I was at the game and troy looked great. He had a INT and made a great tackle on vick that saved a TD along the sidelines.

Make sure when u post you know what ur talking about.
bradness113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:43 AM   #7
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Hey, Vick is really good. He's going to be able to out-juke the best sometimes, and sometimes the best will get him. But he's every bit the equal of Polamalu as an athlete.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 09:47 PM   #8
hellbread
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3282

charlie = a starter anywhere else. he is a bad ass but keeps a low profile. kinda like u underestimate his sneakyness. :) as for troy losing his edge... i suppose u missed the interception he made when he had to go from mid field to the flats because a corner missed his assignment? thats troy in a nutshell...when he is on the field no where is safe...vick just got the better angle on him on that play lucky play if u ask me.
hellbread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:36 PM   #9
lotas
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1176

Ya, Troy has lost nothing. The other week when he broke through the line and caught Larry Johnson from behind, that was ridiculous, that's one of the most athletic moves I've seen. And did you hear how the announcers talked about the interception?
lotas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:52 PM   #10
FleshBomb
Water Boy

Member Number: 3530

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotas View Post
Ya, Troy has lost nothing. The other week when he broke through the line and caught Larry Johnson from behind, that was ridiculous, that's one of the most athletic moves I've seen. And did you hear how the announcers talked about the interception?
I've got to agree. Troy is a bad ass. I'm a Falcon fan and have no problem admitting that. He was the best defensive player in that game. Vick juking him and breaking containment does not mean Troy has lost anything. Vick is one of the fastest players in the league. He does what no one else at that position (or any other position) can do. He is Barry Sanders under center.

People can hate on Vick all they want. He just wins baby.
FleshBomb is offline   Reply With Quote