Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-27-2006, 01:39 PM   #11
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,034 Times in 3,054 Posts
Default Re: Cowher will wait to name starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
Why are you messing with troll Tony?

The best thing to do with him is add him to your ignore list because he brings nothing new to the table. Just the same old man crush on Brady and mindless anti-Steelers rhetoric.
im just trying to figure out this notion that ben has some rare insatiable need to be in the limelight. hmmmm. hes is a qb of a professional sports franchise. his job by definition puts him in the limelight. isnt wanting to play in the superbowl or go to the hall of fame wanting to be in the limelight?

i think its the same reason many brady fans hate on p. manning. brady has the rings yet manning has all the commercials, and big contracts/endorsements.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #12
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post

BB does certainly come off as an arrogant, unsociable individual - I give you that one - but I am convinced that this very rarely works to the detriment of the team.

NM
I have to disagree with that 100%. Maybe a little arrogant but unsociable, yea okay I guess, everyone is entitled to opnions but none of us really know him outside of what we see.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:42 PM   #13
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

It's useless to try and figure him out.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:21 PM   #14
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,335 Times in 2,901 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BR7SteelersBabe86 View Post
I have to disagree with that 100%. Maybe a little arrogant but unsociable, yea okay I guess, everyone is entitled to opnions but none of us really know him outside of what we see.
I suppose we could ask his ex-wife that he has divorced within the last 2 years what she thinks
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 09:33 PM   #15
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
I suppose we could ask his ex-wife that he has divorced within the last 2 years what she thinks
im thinking steelersbabe assumed litp was talking about Big Ben when he typed BB. after all, we all dont refer to the belichick as "bb" around here.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:37 PM   #16
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
im thinking steelersbabe assumed litp was talking about Big Ben when he typed BB. after all, we all dont refer to the belichick as "bb" around here.
(lol) Good point!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 06:29 AM   #17
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
can you please expand on some of these "maturity issues"? compared to most of those 24 and younger, hes quite mature and it is unfair to lump him in the same category as marcus vick, chris henry, and pac man jones.

by ben wearing the trousers are you implying that he gets preferential treatment, and is the one calling the shots as to whether an injured j. porter or d. townsend play? cowher knows he has one of the best medical staffs in the nfl. he does not micro manage them. it is the player who knows their body the best and once they are medidically cleared to play then bill lets them play. this goes for ALL players, not just ben.

oh, and dont sweat being called a troll. even i have been called a troll on my own forum. for speaking my own mind no less.
I'll give you two examples.

The oft-quoted motorcycle incident - that reeks of immaturity.

Bens fabricated foot injury - who pretends to have an injury and then gets contradicted by their HC?

Thats pretty embarrassing attention grabbing stuff if you ask me.

There is a difference between being a QB and being a primadonna.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:30 PM   #18
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I'll give you two examples.

The oft-quoted motorcycle incident - that reeks of immaturity.

Bens fabricated foot injury - who pretends to have an injury and then gets contradicted by their HC?

Thats pretty embarrassing attention grabbing stuff if you ask me.

There is a difference between being a QB and being a primadonna.

NM
is that all you got? a traffic accident and your own medical opinion of what was going on with bens body (foot)?

so that puts him in the same category as c. henry, pac man jones, marcus vick, terrell owens etc?
Old 10-28-2006, 12:40 PM   #19
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Steelers Notebook: It's a 'go' for Roethlisberger
Saturday, October 28, 2006

By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Peter Diana, Post-Gazette
Ben Roethlisberger should start tomorrow against the Raiders in Oakland.
Click photo for larger image.

Barring some unforeseen circumstance or a change in his medical condition, Ben Roethlisberger will start at quarterback tomorrow against the Oakland Raiders, a week after he was knocked unconscious and had a concussion in Atlanta.

Roethlisberger went through a full practice for the second day in a row and has not had any problems passing all the tests necessary to receive medical clearance to play.

His condition will be monitored right up to game time to make sure there are no post-concussion symptoms such as headaches, nausea, dizziness or blurred vision.

Roethlisberger is one of the primary reasons the team's passing game has come to life. In the past two games, he and Charlie Batch have combined to complete 41 of 55 passes (74.5 percent) for 677 yards, seven touchdowns and no interceptions.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 12:50 PM   #20
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

You know you forget that the whole foot thing could have just been Ben thinking his toes were broken and then finding out later they weren't and then it was to late to say anything. I think he's a little to honest with the media sometimes. He tells it like it is and sometimes people take that the wrong way.
I dont think Ben comes off as arrogant or unsociable at all. In fact I think its just the opposit. Does an arrogant player take responsibilty for the teams 3 game losing streak? Does an unsociable player go out with his teamates? Ben and Charlie were at the Pitt game and Ben and Brett Keisel were at the basketball game this week.
And Ben apologized for the accident. LET IT GO! Cowher does have the best medical staff in the league. Hell the guy that invented the Impact test is onhis side. I think that if that doc says Ben can play, then he can play.

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote