Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-28-2006, 12:51 PM   #21
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,648 Times in 4,009 Posts
Default Re: Cowher will wait to name starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapeCod Steel Head View Post
Roethlisberger is one of the primary reasons the team's passing game has come to life. In the past two games, he and Charlie Batch have combined to complete 41 of 55 passes (74.5 percent) for 677 yards, seven touchdowns and no interceptions.
people kicked dirt all over the steelers passing game at the beginning of the season. charlie batch leads the league in yards per attempt with 10+. if you throw in bens numbers they are 2nd to only the eagles. bens passer rating was horrid early (another category batch leads the league in) but with his and bens combined numbers they are in the top 10 in passer rating.

if ben is healthy he should go. we dont need him rusty again for denver and baltimore.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:01 PM   #22
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
is that all you got? a traffic accident and your own medical opinion of what was going on with bens body (foot)?

so that puts him in the same category as c. henry, pac man jones, marcus vick, terrell owens etc?
Let me break it down for you.

Firstly, I was not the one who introduced comparisons to Pac Man Jones, Chris Henry et al into the conversation - if you have a quick look back you'll notice it was you.

Im saying he has 'maturity issues' not trying to make out he is some kind of gangster.

Secondly it wasn't 'my own medical opinion' that Ben didn't break his toe - it was Bill Cowher who flat out contradicted him - which is exactly what I originally said.

Look here.

Quote:
Rookie quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was exaggerating when he said he broke two toes on his right foot during the AFC championship game, Pittsburgh Steelers coach Bill Cowher said.

Roethlisberger told reporters Jan. 25 he wore down physically during the lengthy NFL season and broke two toes while scrambling late in the first half of the 41-27 loss to the New England Patriots.

Cowher seemed irritated Roethlisberger would go public with such a claim, that, in effect, suggested the Steelers gambled with the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year's health by playing him when he was hurt.

"We are unaware of any problems with his toes, OK?" Cowher said.
http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/PIT/8135307

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:20 PM   #23
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,648 Times in 4,009 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Let me break it down for you.

Firstly, I was not the one who introduced comparisons to Pac Man Jones, Chris Henry et al into the conversation - if you have a quick look back you'll notice it was you.

Im saying he has 'maturity issues' not trying to make out he is some kind of gangster.

NM
Pac Man Jones, Chris Henry et al are the ones with maturity issues. not ben. it was you who said their was a difference between being an nfl qb and a primadonna. for you to lump ben in this category is unfair and material better served in the blast furnace.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:33 PM   #24
slashsteel

Member Number:

Quote:
I think Bill is being too soft with the guy - sure he is an excellent talent (the way he took apart the Falcons D was spectacular) but he has maturity issues and these normally lead to him being the centre of attention.

Anyway, its clear that Ben wears the 'trousers' in this particular relationship from what I can tell - I fully expect him to have talked Bill C. into starting him sunday.
Seems like every time I read one of your post it has some negativity in it. Which is why posters throw words like "troll" at you. Your viewpoints will always be slanted being a puff fan. Ben is very mature for his age. Looking at what the guy has gone through he has acted with nothing but class and maturity.

And to note, Cowher gets the final say. Anything less is pure bullshit on your part.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:43 PM   #25
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
Pac Man Jones, Chris Henry et al are the ones with maturity issues. not ben. it was you who said their was a difference between being an nfl qb and a primadonna. for you to lump ben in this category is unfair and material better served in the blast furnace.
To repeat, I have not lumped Ben in with anyone - that was you.

Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

He fabricates and exaggerates - to me that suggests 'maturity issues' which is the only thing I have accused him of.

I supplied the evidence you wanted of him being a 'primadonna' - I dont know of many other NFL QB's that have lied to the media about injuries that can be easily checked up on - do you?

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:45 PM   #26
slashsteel

Member Number:

I suggest you have immaturity issues.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:46 PM   #27
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
Seems like every time I read one of your post it has some negativity in it. Which is why posters throw words like "troll" at you. Your viewpoints will always be slanted being a puff fan. Ben is very mature for his age. Looking at what the guy has gone through he has acted with nothing but class and maturity.

And to note, Cowher gets the final say. Anything less is pure bullshit on your part.
Well maybe they are slanted - thats probably a fair observation.

However, I give credit where I believe its due.

If you look at the post I rate his actual game pretty highly, and always have - which is not something typical to your average troll.

The biggest thing Ben has 'gone through' was his motorcycle accident and a large percentage of the damage caused by that was purely down to his immature stubbornness.

NM
Old 10-28-2006, 01:48 PM   #28
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by slashsteel View Post
I suggest you have immaturity issues.
Suggest away - I cant say your opinion on the matter worries me too much.

All im doing is expressing my thoughts on football players - you making it personal (again) just isn't relevant.

NM
Old 10-28-2006, 01:50 PM   #29
slashsteel

Member Number:

Ok I will give you that, you are not a average troll. Many bikers ride without a helmet, this fact doesn't make them immature. He accident was just that a accident. I would love to see one fact that loops immaturity to a simple accident.
Old 10-28-2006, 01:51 PM   #30
slashsteel

Member Number:

Personal I just made a suggestion like you. So are you making it personal concerning Big Ben ? ?