Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NCAA Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 12-21-2006, 08:04 PM   #51
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082
Default Re: 2006 National Champions?

All I know is you shouldn't be allowed to be a Steelers fan and a Buckeye's fan.

Seriously though, who cares, this game isnt even the two best teams in the country. It isn't even number 1 vs. number 3. I don't care how "tough" the SEC is, Florida isn't that good, and no team with a two QB system is going to win it all. OSU is going to roll over Florida, which makes me sick, b/c UM can beat OSU at a neutral site. Any one of you brainwashed fans that thinks otherwise is just wrong, plain and simple. I seriously hope that UF barely squeeks past OSU and UM blows out USC, that should throw the BCS into even more of a tizzy, b/c a lot of human voters will have a hard time putting UF over UM.

Last edited by Stillers#1; 12-21-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2006, 01:30 PM   #52
Stillers#1
Banned

SC is not going to crush UM, no way that will happen. The fact of the matter is the two best teams are from the Big Ten. Who has SC beat this year? ND at home, thats it, I think they beat Arkansas too, who is from the most over-rated conference in the country. Didn't they lose to Oregon State? Phew, yeah SC is tough, and they will have the home-field advantage but Michigan will run all over them. When UM stomps USC and OSU more than likely stomps UF everyoen will be bitching once again about the "match-up" we had in the national championship.

All USC has to do every year is beat everyone in a weak conference, which the didn't do twice this year, and get past ND. USC's time is over, and like I said about Florida, there is no way a team with a two QB system wins a championship.
Old 12-22-2006, 06:35 PM   #53
Stillers#1
Banned

Who in the Pac-10 beat anyone this year? With the exception of the Oregon/Oklahoma debacle, the only team worth note that beat anyone worth a crap outside of the conference was USC, while beating ARK and ND.

We saw last night how terrible the Pac-10 is, they got smoked by the MWC winnder BYU, which is not that good of a football team. USC lost twice to teams that sholdn't even be on their radar. I have to hear about PAC-10 football all the time living out here in WA, and the football played on the west coast, with the exception of SC for a few years, is just inferior to whats played in the central states and the eastern seaboard.

SC is not that good, and they proved it twice, by losing to unranked teams.

As a matter of fact...looking at the PAC ten, I see one team who maybe would have gone this season with only 3 losses had they played in the Big 10.

Then there is the Big Ten with 3 teams in the top 6. Nuff said.

Florida is going to get dropped.....hard. And the BCS will once again be the laughing stock of sports.
Old 12-23-2006, 12:10 PM   #54
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post
Here is the million dollar question for ya and have a great time with this one...
Who is gonna be the '06 National Champions?
As bad as I hate to say it... the Buckeyes look like the team to beat right now... but I honestly think that it is gonna be O.S.U. vs U.S.C. that looks like the likely scenerio...
OSU !
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 02:52 PM   #55
Godfather
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 547

As far as conference strength goes, the top of the SEC is brutal, and the bottom is horrible.

The PAC-1 is prettymuch Southern Cal right now.

Big Ten is probably the best top to bottom this year.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2006, 01:15 AM   #56
Stillers#1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
Anyway, I don't see where the Big Ten is as good as the Pac-10, unless Indiana or Minnesota somehow count as world-beaters. It's more like a lot of people don't see many Pac-10 games, so they just write them off because it's the easy thing to do.
I live on the west coast so all I see mostly is Pac-10, its just crappily played football.
Old 12-26-2006, 08:08 AM   #57
Stillers#1
Banned

It's called parity, UCLA also beat the "best team" in the PAC-10, who ND lost too, maybe ND really isn't that good. We will find out in a week or so where the PAC-10 stands, after the Rose Bowl.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:52 PM   #58
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

Quote:

Anyway, I don't see where the Big Ten is as good as the Pac-10, unless Indiana or Minnesota somehow count as world-beaters. It's more like a lot of people don't see many Pac-10 games, so they just write them off because it's the easy thing to do.
I saw Boise St kill Oregon St who best USC but I'm sure that is just "PAC-10" parity. The PAC-10 is basically USC, Cal and UCLA who shows up once in a while to make things interesting.
Old 12-28-2006, 02:31 PM   #59
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085

BYU 38 Oregon 8 Las Vegas Bowl

Hawaii 41 Arizona St 27 Hawaii Bowl

Florida St 44 UCLA 27 Emerald Bowl

The Pac-10 is 0-3 so far in two not-even-close games versus "mid major" schools and one big school in a down year. But......I know, its early and USC hasnt played yet or maybe Cal will beat A&M from the oh-so-soft Big 12.
Old 01-05-2007, 07:38 AM   #60
BengalBrian
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 428

Quote:
Now that the Rose Bowl is over, do I even need to say "LMFAO" at this and all the other obnoxious chatter over the last couple months about how OSU and Michigan are obviously so much better than everyone else in the country? Or is that kind of understood?
So you think florida is going to beat OSU?

**** the Steelers!
BengalBrian is offline   Reply With Quote