Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 10-28-2006, 09:25 PM   #11
DoctorJanSteelerFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1126
Default Re: Big Ben will start Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Ben certainly has a "hard head".! Or maybe he's just plain stubborn..........it got him a superbowl ring last year.....I just hope it doesn't cost him a career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
Ya know...everybody like to call Ben a whiner.....but ya know what?? I think he's a true warrior. He could stand on the sideline tomorrow and wave a terrble towel and cheer on Charlie Batch but he's going to go out there and fight the battle. It would be better for him to sit out but the team needs him. He's getting paid to do a job so he's going to do it. Stay safe Ben....and the rest of them better protect him!!!!!!!!!
Stillers4me: I agree with you that Ben sure has a "hard head" And I have to own up and confess that I've wondered in the past if he's a whiner, but you are absolute right. He's not. He's been a warrior here, but a stubborn, "thinks-he's-invincible" one who still won't wear a concussion helmet. He could be whining about not wanting to play but he wants to be out there even if it kills him... and it could. That's the problem. Hopefully Cowher or even Rooney will step up and put Batch in.

I'm concerned that putting him in this week will not only jeopardize him (I've gone on ad nauseum about the medical risks and idiotic NFL doctors) but also our Offensive line. How? Those protecting him will have to work even harder to prevent any sacks, won't feel they can let up until a play is completely over, and they will have to do this on every single play for the whole game. It's risking more hamstring pulls, twisted ankles, knees and shoulder injuries for the O because who wants to be blamed as the guy who let a Defensive Raider through who sacks Ben? Casey Hampton (hamstring) said "I'm not going to hurt myself. I'd rather miss one [game] than four or five." Now, THERE is some common sense and being a team player. Let's say Casey was stubborn and said 'I'm too great for Hoke to take over and I'm going to play injured'? Yikes. Imagine how many defenders would get through and hit Ben?

Greg Stephens has an excellent editorial "Time to Stop the Madness" that Cowher needs to step up and put Batch in.
http://www.steelersfever.com/editorials/0672.html

SAVE BEN. START BATCH. I'll be praying this up until game time...
DoctorJanSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:28 PM   #12
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

I'll take the Steelers doc's word for it. Who am I? I'm not examining the kid's head nor am I Ben. If they give the green light, then I have no problem with the decision.
Old 10-29-2006, 07:11 AM   #13
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I guess all we can do is speculate....and pray that Ben doesn't get hurt. Ultimately, it's his, the doc's and the coaches decision. And they all have to live with that decision and it's consequences. I agree with you 100%, Doctor Jan. But if Ben said what Casey Hampton said about missing one game instead of 4 or 5, then he'd be a whining prima donna....he's damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. If he sits out even though the docs clear him, and we lose the game, then everyone one would be screaming that it's all his fault and he was just being a baby.

Hopefully he'll surprise us today and come out wearing that concussion helmet.........I think that would make everybody breath a sigh of relief.

Sometimes I think that maybe he really didn't even have a concussion this time. The media keeps calling it that but when they interviewed Ben, he said he got hit in the chin and the pain was overwhelming. Have you ever had an a pain that was so bad you didn't know whether to puke or pass out??? It sounds like they hit him right where they did the reconstructive surgery and the pain was so bad he passed out. They said he has passed all the "concussion tests" with flying colors so maybe this is another case where the media is making much ado about nothing. Gee.....that's hard to believe!!!!!!!! The media seems to just love to go on and on about every little scratch and dent that Ben gets and they hover like vultures around him waiting for him to fall over as a result of that accident. Gee......this guy just can't be normal after that slam into the windshield and the Steelers are doomed. They seem to be obsessed with it. No wonder he is so stubborn about proving them wrong.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote