Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 10-29-2006, 07:27 PM   #11
Justin Otstott
Team Captain

Member Number: 539
My Mood: Relaxed
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

I just kept wondering why his face wasnt turning into the chin all game...I say he gave up...but still at 2-5 and pissed off I BELIVE!
Old 10-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #12
Mean Machine
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 426

Quote:
I just kept wondering why his face wasnt turning into the chin all game
He was gettin use to soakin up that sun like he will be in his new house in North Carolina...LOL!!! This guy is something else!!!
Old 10-29-2006, 07:38 PM   #13
WWIIOwheelz
Team Captain

Member Number: 1323

That was the worst-coached game I've ever seen of Cowher's, barring none, and I've watched a lot of years.

One point my wife brought up, and hers, as a physician, carries weight with me--- she faults the doctors first and foremost, giving Ben the clearance to play. Cowher said he listened to the doctors, and they gave the go-ahead.

I'm on record as saying Batch was the obvious choice, and I'd decided that before Ben ever got up last Sunday. The dazed look he had on the cart was on the front page of ESPN today before the game.

I still can't believe what I just saw. I hate motorcycles like never before.
WWIIOwheelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:24 PM   #14
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Yeah... I still believe in Ben and Cowher though... If he has stuck around this long then that shows that he's believing in something...

~Polamalufan43
Old 10-29-2006, 08:28 PM   #15
scraw28
Water Boy

Member Number: 293

well, maybe we had this coming, they are shitty years,but this season has ben off the charts, we have found magical ways to lose sunday after sunday. what is next? I don't know, us fans don't know and hell Cowher and the team dosen't even know either.
scraw28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #16
silver & black
Team Owner

Member Number: 1836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
If the raider game isnt the proof you needed that cowher has quit on this team. Please tell me how he hasnt
Bullshit!

It seems like it's you, the fans that have quit on this team!

The Steelers are going through a tough time at the moment. Believe me, I understand about the Superbowl hangover, it's been 3 1/2 years for the Raiders, and we still aren't over it!... And we didn't even win it!

The Steelers ARE a very good team... they just need to remember that... and so do their fans.
silver & black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:33 PM   #17
PAMillerGrrl83
Starter

Member Number: 3274

I think if the fans just stop beliving in Ben he may just quit beliving in himself and thats exactly the reason why people cant give up on Ben. Hes having a rough time but seriousley look at what he's went through since June 12, most QBs wouldnt have come back but not Ben. Give the guy a chance. If anything blame the doctors that cleared him to play.

~*Heath Miller: Honakers Finest*~
PAMillerGrrl83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 08:36 PM   #18
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Right, we have to keep believing because that's how we got to the Superbowl... ON FAITH, TALENT, and DRIVE.

Ben needs to know that we haven't lost faith, heck, the whole team needs to know that,

~polamalufan43
Old 10-29-2006, 10:05 PM   #19
james203
Banned

Location: southern ca.born & raised in johnstown,pa.steeler fan 4 life.
Member Number: 1494

who do you think should start next sunday against 5-2 broncos ?
james203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:21 PM   #20
DoctorJanSteelerFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 1126

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWIIOwheelz View Post
One point my wife brought up, and hers, as a physician, carries weight with me--- she faults the doctors first and foremost, giving Ben the clearance to play. Cowher said he listened to the doctors, and they gave the go-ahead..... Batch was the obvious choice, and I'd decided that before Ben ever got up last Sunday.....
Your wife is absolutely right. I've been yelling it all week long.
Should players with other injuries play? Wouldn't it be stupid to put them in? Yet a brain injury gets less time off than a hamstring. Only in the NFL. Neurologists outside the NFL think NFL doctors are idiots. And they are. However, Cowher should have used common sense and put in Batch. Sure, there were alot of mistakes on the O and D but nothing to lose the game. We needed a stable, healthy QB.

Wake up, Steeler Nation! Rise and stand up for the Steelers TEAM! I've been a Steeler fan since 1972 and will continue. One of the things we CANNOT do is put our headsin the sand and keep making the same mistakes over and over. Cowher has lost his ability to reason. Ben played great last year. That's great. But it was last year and today is the reality. We move other players in and out all the time when they falter OR are injured but we have relegated "Big Ben" to superhero status and it's just plain stupid. I posted all week why Ben should not play for both medical and psychological reasons because he WOULD have effects of his concussion. All of medicine outside NFL team doctors understands this. But I don't have Cowher's ear. However, I think the Steeler Nation does. Cowher is a great coach and as stubborn as the day is long. (Remember all those years - over and over the same mistakes?) Ben came back too early once for a 3-game loss. And he came back too early again for this loss. But we don't have to make the same mistakes!! If we are to have ANY chance this season, then Charlie Batch must take over. He is a leader off the field which means he will be a leader ON the field. The team needs motivation from a leader.

So, will our Steeler Nation finally rise and insist on Batch? My call last week was to SAVE BEN. START BATCH. I continue that call. And now I say

BATCH OR BUST.
DoctorJanSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote