Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2006, 10:28 PM   #21
BBC
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 673
Member Number: 2109
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Bullshit!

It seems like it's you, the fans that have quit on this team!

The Steelers are going through a tough time at the moment. Believe me, I understand about the Superbowl hangover, it's been 3 1/2 years for the Raiders, and we still aren't over it!... And we didn't even win it!

The Steelers ARE a very good team... they just need to remember that... and so do their fans.

This really should have been a Steelers fan posting this, but I'm glad it was posted.

Good posting silver & black.
BBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:53 AM   #22
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Bullshit!

It seems like it's you, the fans that have quit on this team!

The Steelers are going through a tough time at the moment. Believe me, I understand about the Superbowl hangover, it's been 3 1/2 years for the Raiders, and we still aren't over it!... And we didn't even win it!

The Steelers ARE a very good team... they just need to remember that... and so do their fans.
great teams dont have superbowl hangovers or great coaches. Did you see the cowboys in the 90's having superbowl hangovers. How about the patriots. And you can blame al davis for the raiders "superbowl hangover"
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:09 AM   #23
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
great teams dont have superbowl hangovers or great coaches. Did you see the cowboys in the 90's having superbowl hangovers. How about the patriots. And you can blame al davis for the raiders "superbowl hangover"
2002 Pats ring a bell?
__________________
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:11 AM   #24
Elvis
Banned
 
Elvis's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: NC
Posts: 3,645
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2390
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Talking Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.


Just to let ya know, my head is spinning so hard this a.m. because I really didnt see this kind of a season coming for us. My heart is broken, and I see our season slippin' away. Our season is pretty much over I think as far as our post season lives. But it gives the team time to get a good look at some of our other players that normally we wouldnt get to look at in real game action. Like Anthony Smith at FS, I would like to get a good look at him for our future at that position... Give the young guys a chance
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:18 AM   #25
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter
 
Big D's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: living in the field of dreams
Posts: 3,330
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2313
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedosesteelers2006 View Post

Just to let ya know, my head is spinning so hard this a.m. because I really didnt see this kind of a season coming for us. My heart is broken, and I see our season slippin' away. Our season is pretty much over I think as far as our post season lives. But it gives the team time to get a good look at some of our other players that normally we wouldnt get to look at in real game action. Like Anthony Smith at FS, I would like to get a good look at him for our future at that position... Give the young guys a chance
I feel the same. Except I have a real strong anger about all of this. I never thought I would see the day where not only the players would give up but bill cowher as well. It's a sad monday morning in the steeler nation
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 07:44 AM   #26
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver & black View Post
Bullshit!

It seems like it's you, the fans that have quit on this team!

The Steelers are going through a tough time at the moment. Believe me, I understand about the Superbowl hangover, it's been 3 1/2 years for the Raiders, and we still aren't over it!... And we didn't even win it!

The Steelers ARE a very good team... they just need to remember that... and so do their fans.
Hallelujah!

I'm not blind to the situation, but I'll be damned if I'm going to start pointing fingers as to who is to blame for the state of the season thus far. There is no "I" in team, whether that team is on top or near the bottom. You win as a team and you lose as a team and the team includes the coaching staff. For all of the great seasons Bill Cowher has coached, I'll be damned if I'm going to throw rotten tomatoes at him because things just aren't going our way thus far this season. This organization has, plain and simply - SPOILED US over the years. Time for us to stop expecting greatness every single season - first it's unrealistic and second - virtually impossible.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo

Last edited by HometownGal; 10-30-2006 at 07:48 AM.
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:11 AM   #27
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dale City, Virginia.
Posts: 1,793
Gender: Male
Member Number: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Cowher has lost this team

If the Pittsburgh media has a pair they will start asking Cowher whether he should have clarified his status going into the season.
I don't know what's more amusing.
The amount of times the Pittsburgh media keeps denying whether Bill Cowher's future coaching status (and seeming lack of enthusiasm) is impacting the play of the team this season...........or the actual amount of times the actual question itself keeps being asked??

Bill Cowher for the most part has had a "Far-away" and "Disenchanted" look on his face for most of the season and he probably should have left while he was on top instead of sticking around leaving on a sour note to a sour season.
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:51 AM   #28
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,433
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,659
Thanked 8,509 Times in 3,743 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambridge View Post
I don't know what's more amusing.
The amount of times the Pittsburgh media keeps denying whether Bill Cowher's future coaching status (and seeming lack of enthusiasm) is impacting the play of the team this season...........or the actual amount of times the actual question itself keeps being asked??

Bill Cowher for the most part has had a "Far-away" and "Disenchanted" look on his face for most of the season and he probably should have left while he was on top instead of sticking around leaving on a sour note to a sour season.
The question has been asked constantly among fans and discussed in the media, but as far as Cowher being asked my recollection is it has not been asked of him since he snapped at the media in pre-season that he was not going to discuss it. Hard to see how asking it now can be claimed to be a distraction since the season is toast.

Leaving aside Ben's ongoing problems, which have many potential causes, something has caused this team to constantly make mental mistakes (end zone celebrations, the back to back penalties on Foote and Porter to start the second half, motion penalties) that have not been apparent in previous years.

For all I know Cowher is acting differently because he crossed some emotional divide after winning the Super Bowl or his wife told him to quit acting gonzo on the sidelines, but this is a different team and a different coach. Given this virtually unprecedented collapse by a SB champion (Denver cratered in 1999 but in that case Elway had retired and Terrell Davis blew out his knee early in the year), it seems fair to ask Cowher what has gone wrong and, in terms of why, ask him if his purportedly uncertain status for next season is a factor.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #29
Ambridge
Head Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Dale City, Virginia.
Posts: 1,793
Gender: Male
Member Number: 604
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
The question has been asked constantly among fans and discussed in the media, but as far as Cowher being asked my recollection is it has not been asked of him since he snapped at the media in pre-season that he was not going to discuss it. Hard to see how asking it now can be claimed to be a distraction since the season is toast.

Leaving aside Ben's ongoing problems, which have many potential causes, something has caused this team to constantly make mental mistakes (end zone celebrations, the back to back penalties on Foote and Porter to start the second half, motion penalties) that have not been apparent in previous years.

For all I know Cowher is acting differently because he crossed some emotional divide after winning the Super Bowl or his wife told him to quit acting gonzo on the sidelines, but this is a different team and a different coach. Given this virtually unprecedented collapse by a SB champion (Denver cratered in 1999 but in that case Elway had retired and Terrell Davis blew out his knee early in the year), it seems fair to ask Cowher what has gone wrong and, in terms of why, ask him if his purportedly uncertain status for next season is a factor.

I heard Paul Alexander say last night on FSN Pittsburgh that if the Steelers had not made it to and or won the Super Bowl that Bill Cowher had let it be known to a select few people that 05 was going to be his last season.

I hope Bill Cowher came back for more than just an obligatory season??
Ambridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:27 AM   #30
dsk1975
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rural Valley, PA
Posts: 6
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3631
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: The raider game shows cowher has quit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Hallelujah!

I'm not blind to the situation, but I'll be damned if I'm going to start pointing fingers as to who is to blame for the state of the season thus far. There is no "I" in team, whether that team is on top or near the bottom. You win as a team and you lose as a team and the team includes the coaching staff. For all of the great seasons Bill Cowher has coached, I'll be damned if I'm going to throw rotten tomatoes at him because things just aren't going our way thus far this season. This organization has, plain and simply - SPOILED US over the years. Time for us to stop expecting greatness every single season - first it's unrealistic and second - virtually impossible.

But there is ME in team Just playing. You have to look at it like this though, everything stems from the HC. If Bill could care less, which it seems like, the rest of the team will play like they car less. He just doesn't seem like himself this season. Also I believe something is wrong with Ben. Physically and mentally. IMO he should be benched for the next 3-4 games. Not for bad play, but to get his head back in the game and get healthier. I still believe in the Steelers and believe they will turn it around, lets just hope it starts this week
dsk1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts