Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 10-29-2006, 09:12 PM   #21
PatriotDynasty
Water Boy

Member Number: 3220
Default Re: No playoffs this year Steeler Fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Let the guy post, he's right. He hasn't insulted anyone personally, he's come in here and spoken truth (no matter how obvious it is).

So PatDyn, looking at it from the outside in, what do you see wrong? I see skilled players just completely out of synch with each other, and an O line that has no idea of how to play together as a unit. There isn't really a problem with the D, it just spends so much time on the field that it wears down at the end.

The problem isn't talent, it's teamwork and confidence.

Tom
I think your team is quite similar to Miami. Very Good Defense (although I would rate Pitt's higher), poor OL (except for Faneca), and quite honestly an overrated QB in Roethlisberger (just like Culpepper in Miami). I think your team has a better chance of winning right now with Batch, than with Roeth.
PatriotDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:17 PM   #22
blackngoldbaby
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1631

lol it just cracks me up how so many trolls get on here with their stupidity and think there bringing us down they just dont get the fact that we dont care well deal with our own problems yeah we know why ya get on here in run your mouth it just makes you feel better about yourself well please save it or go get help!lol cause obviously you need help
blackngoldbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:22 PM   #23
SteelCzar76
Banned

Member Number: 2498

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotDynasty View Post
Time to fight with San Fran for the 1st pick in the 2007 draft! Put it Charlie Batch!!!

Even if missing the Playoff's is indeed our Destiny this season,....we'll still go fighting. And you can still,.......G.F.Y.M. (WELL)

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"
SteelCzar76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 09:23 PM   #24
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
I think your team is quite similar to Miami. Very Good Defense (although I would rate Pitt's higher), poor OL (except for Faneca), and quite honestly an overrated QB in Roethlisberger (just like Culpepper in Miami). I think your team has a better chance of winning right now with Batch, than with Roeth.

I think Ben's playing like crap right now, but I think he's the real deal and time will vindicate that. Of course, ONLY time will tell who is right with that one. We're of different opinions there. But I've seen enough truly bad quarterbacks in black & gold over the years, and Roethlisberger's not one of them. And I've seen some average ones, and he's better than they are too (O'Donnell, Maddox). You can't sit the guy now, even if he stinks out the joint for the rest of the year (and I don't think he will, but he might). You have to let young promising guys play through tough times, It worked for Favre, it worked for Elway, it'll work for Roethlisberger. I've seen him at his best and he's got it. Now he has to get it back.

Otherwise, I can't believe that it's taken so long for people to see how poorly the O line is playing right now. The Jville loss was the first sign. I wrote that one off to timing issues caused by a tough opponent in the second game of the year. But I think right now we can say that the problems with this team are all related to not blocking well.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:25 PM   #25
james203
Banned

Location: southern ca.born & raised in johnstown,pa.steeler fan 4 life.
Member Number: 1494

what the hell is wrong with some of you people ? remember last season when the steelers were the sixth seeded team & look what they did. NO one expected them to beat denver & indy & make it to the superbowl & win.BUT THEY DID !!!.their are 9 games remaining & pitts has 2 to play against baltimore which is 3 games ahead & 1 game remaining against cincy which is 2 games ahead of pitts & they have 2 games against the clowns.so its NOT over yet.you just gotta have faith.i do.
james203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:29 PM   #26
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,251 Times in 2,297 Posts

Lets not look to far ahead, need to get past denver first.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:36 PM   #27
james203
Banned

Location: southern ca.born & raised in johnstown,pa.steeler fan 4 life.
Member Number: 1494

well its just not over till the fat lady sings.
james203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 10:43 PM   #28
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by james203 View Post
what the hell is wrong with some of you people ? remember last season when the steelers were the sixth seeded team & look what they did. NO one expected them to beat denver & indy & make it to the superbowl & win.BUT THEY DID !!!.their are 9 games remaining & pitts has 2 to play against baltimore which is 3 games ahead & 1 game remaining against cincy which is 2 games ahead of pitts & they have 2 games against the clowns.so its NOT over yet.you just gotta have faith.i do.
Nothing wrong with me. Past results are no guarantee of future performance. 11-5 might not make it this year, btw.

This team is just as talented as last year's team, but it's nowhere near as good a TEAM. The Steelers have some serious work to get down to. They need to start by giving everyone on the offense a football to carry around with them for a week. To get used to HOLDING ONTO IT.

Having faith doesn't mean blindly believing. It means recognizing what needs to be done, then understanding that, as a fan and not a player, you don't have a lot of influence on whether or not that actually happens. We're along for the ride, and part of the fun lies in accurately predicting what needs to be done and then seeing if it gets implemented. I think it will, but this is a bit far along in the season for that to happen. 11-5 would be great, but 9-7 might be more realistic. And 6-10 isn't out of the picture. I could take losing to Jax, Cincy, and SD, but we have to beat Atl and Oak. Those are the games that you look at before the season and put a green check next to, in your mind.

I've been a fan since '64, I'm a fan now, and I'll be a fan in '07, god willing I'm still here then. My love of the team is independent of wins and losses. And I'm old enough to know that the quality of my life is independent of wins and losses, too (other than the 3 hours spent watching the game).

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:51 PM   #29
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132

Quote:
The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Yes and here it is. The patriots play in the weakest divison in the NFL. The patriots just get into the playoffs by default every year. the patriots play the jets, bills, and dolphins twice a year LOL. The patriots will get destroyed by the colts next week. The steelers will win the afc north this year, and travel to new england for a divisional game. Then, the steelers will proceed to scare tom brady into forcing passes to his two broke ass receivers.

After that happens he will be exposed for backup quarterback he is. We are 7 games into this season, guess what ? We have 9 left.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 11:58 PM   #30
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Time to fight with San Fran for the 1st pick in the 2007 draft! Put it Charlie Batch!!!
Well you flaming jackass. Your screen name is PatriotDynasty. Yes your great Pats team even missed the playoffs in 2002 after winning the Super Bowl in 2001. So the Steelers have enough talent to rebound next year and make a Super Bowl run. Say what you want about Ben. But remember you tool. Ben is only in his third year. He has played 4 bad games and 2 good games this year after having two really good years in the NFL so far. So Ben is still learning the ropes of being an NFL QB. Plus he also has been through alot this year.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote