Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 10-30-2006, 09:07 AM   #1
Jason15215
Water Boy

Member Number: 3632
Default A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

- Im sick of hearing players say "Team play harder against us because we're the defending champions"
- Im sick of hearing Cowher say how good the other team played.
- Im sick of undisciplined 15 yard penalties
- Im sick of Ben saying how good the Oline, Defense, and Special Teams played.
- Im sick of Ward trying to copy the Dirty Bird... The Eagles endzone dance.... Chad Johnson's Riverdance... Dude quit being such a jerk and play football.
- Im sick of "Steeler Football" meaning run first.
- How in the heck do u lose to a team when their QB's rating is 13???
- Im sick of hearing about how it's still "mathmatically possible" for the Steelers to go 6-10 or 7-9 and get a playoff birth.
- Im sick of hearing that the Steelers are better than Cincy and Baltimore.
- Im sick of hearing how Ben is still a top QB in the league
Jason15215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:43 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: A few things Im sick of hearing/seeing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason15215 View Post
- Im sick of hearing players say "Team play harder against us because we're the defending champions"
- Im sick of hearing Cowher say how good the other team played.
- Im sick of undisciplined 15 yard penalties
- Im sick of Ben saying how good the Oline, Defense, and Special Teams played.
- Im sick of Ward trying to copy the Dirty Bird... The Eagles endzone dance.... Chad Johnson's Riverdance... Dude quit being such a jerk and play football.
- Im sick of "Steeler Football" meaning run first.
- How in the heck do u lose to a team when their QB's rating is 13???
- Im sick of hearing about how it's still "mathmatically possible" for the Steelers to go 6-10 or 7-9 and get a playoff birth.
- Im sick of hearing that the Steelers are better than Cincy and Baltimore.
- Im sick of hearing how Ben is still a top QB in the league
You're just sick, maybe tired too.
But you're either a fan or you're not.
But if you want truth here it is
1 - Teams do play harder against the Super Bowl champs. Does that make losing to them acceptable...not at all!
2 - Some of those fouls are ticky tack fouls like the refs have been told that the Steelers aren't allowed to do what the other 31 teams can do. But hey, we aren't there to play the refs, we're there to play football.
3 - The only part of the team that hasn't played well is the O-line, ST's and Ben! And Ben is being the player he's suppose to be and putting it all on himself, which isn't a bad thing to do since you gave away 3 games this year!
4 - Steeler Football has always been about the run. Except when we went 6-10 a few years back trying to throw the ball first.
5 - You lose to any team when you give them 14 pts and your QB doesn't check to his other receivers.
6 - THE STEELERS, REGARDLESS of record, WILL ALWAYS be better than the bungles or the ratbirds!!!!! And if you don't believe that, then truly are a troll!
7 - Big Ben is a top QB in this league, he's having a bad year. it happens. Ask Bret, Carson, Peyton, or any other name you want to throw in there!

Either you're a fan or you're not!! It's not just when the team is winning but when they aren't having a good year too!

So what colors do you bleed?

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Cry Me a River
Banned

Member Number: 3521

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
blah blah blah
Talk about delusional.
Cry Me a River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 09:54 AM   #4
Attyla
Water Boy

Member Number: 3630

As an opposing fan, I have to agree with the "dilunsional" talk. Being a fan is being part of the identity of the team. Players and coaches always say the right things (Unless you are Denny Green) and your guys are just being part of the team.

As for your run first mentality. That is as ingrained into the Pop Culture as the vertical game is for the Raiders. It is what your team is all about.

I for one am always pleased when we are identified as the Rebels of Oakland. It is just part of what we are all about.

Props to Stirtruck....you are a believer, and that can only be a good thing
Old 10-30-2006, 10:04 AM   #5
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cry Me a River View Post
Talk about delusional.
I'm sorry when was the last time you've posted anything relevant, let alone intelligent on this board?

Old 10-30-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
Jason15215
Water Boy

"Steeler Football" Is not about the run.... Did you hear that Franco, Rocky, and Jerome retired??? The next to last drive of the game. Ben passes his way all the way down to the 3 yard line, and instead of passing it in the endzoze they had to run 2 times for negative 2 or 3 yards, because thats "Steeler Football" "Steeler football" was about the run when Bettis was here... Bettis isnt here anymore...
Those penalties were justified. Last week Poor Nate gets fined because he gets probably one of the few td's he'll ever get in his career and he wants to celebrate it BY HIMSELF, but Ward (who has had many td's in his career) has to jump in and make fun of the Falcons dirty bird again.
How are the Steelers better that Baltimore this year?
How are they better than the Bengals this year?
How in the world can u say Ben is a top QB this year?
Im a realist. Teams play just as hard against the Steelers as they do against Cleveland.
Favre is at the end of his career thats why he is not playing as well. If you thing P Manning sucks this year then u r the troll.
Im just sick of all of the apologists giving these millionaires a free ride.
BTW the NFL does look at a teams record to decide which team is better, so your "regardless of their record comment" doesnt make any sense. Keep making excuses for them and they will continue to be 6-10.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:20 AM   #7
Jason15215
Water Boy

Our running game consists of a highly paid running back in street clothes every Sunday. A guy that couldnt win a starting job in college, and a player no other team wanted. It's time to change the run first pass later mentallity.

Do u demand greatness from your kids? Or do you just let them fail and make excuses for them like well the teacher is to hard on him/her?
Does your boss let you screw up all of the time because you say every week "Its all my fault I need to do better"?? Does your boss demand results even though u make under 100K a year (I assume we all make less than that for the most part). What if you were paid 3 million a year... Would u be expected by your boss and coworkers to not screw up? Season ticket holders pay good money to see the team play well, and not play undisciplined.
Old 10-30-2006, 10:21 AM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

I'm old enough to know that we no longer have Franco, Rocky, or The Bus.
I'm also aware that this team's identity is the run, has been and always will be. I'm not saying we shouldn't pass, and I'm not saying that there aren't times to pass. But if you look what happened on the one pass play that did get thrown into the end zone, it was incomplete. I can sit here all day and play shoulda, coulda, woulda with you but that's fruitless.
The Steelers are always better than the other 31 teams because I'm a fan! Doesn't matter record or not, Super Bowl champions or not...THEY ARE BETTER. PERIOD!
How can you not say Ben is a top 10 QB? The overall problem isn't Ben, yes he's made some poor decisions but he also hasn't had the consistentcy in the O-line.
I don't think Peyton is playing poorly. My point is, is that Peyton has had bad games. It happens to all QBs, look at McNabb yesterday.
I don't apologize for the players and I definitely don't think they should get a free ride.
But as I stated before...you're either in it when they lose or you shouldn't be in it when they win it all!
Your post, imho, read like you're one of those people that want to be in it only when the win!

Old 10-30-2006, 10:43 AM   #9
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I'm old enough to know that we no longer have Franco, Rocky, or The Bus.
I'm also aware that this team's identity is the run, has been and always will be. I'm not saying we shouldn't pass, and I'm not saying that there aren't times to pass. But if you look what happened on the one pass play that did get thrown into the end zone, it was incomplete. I can sit here all day and play shoulda, coulda, woulda with you but that's fruitless.
The Steelers are always better than the other 31 teams because I'm a fan! Doesn't matter record or not, Super Bowl champions or not...THEY ARE BETTER. PERIOD!
How can you not say Ben is a top 10 QB? The overall problem isn't Ben, yes he's made some poor decisions but he also hasn't had the consistentcy in the O-line.
I don't think Peyton is playing poorly. My point is, is that Peyton has had bad games. It happens to all QBs, look at McNabb yesterday.
I don't apologize for the players and I definitely don't think they should get a free ride.
But as I stated before...you're either in it when they lose or you shouldn't be in it when they win it all!
Your post, imho, read like you're one of those people that want to be in it only when the win!
^^^I agree 100% with that!
Old 10-30-2006, 11:15 AM   #10
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason15215 View Post
"Steeler Football" Is not about the run.... Did you hear that Franco, Rocky, and Jerome retired??? The next to last drive of the game. Ben passes his way all the way down to the 3 yard line, and instead of passing it in the endzoze they had to run 2 times for negative 2 or 3 yards, because thats "Steeler Football" "Steeler football" was about the run when Bettis was here... Bettis isnt here anymore...
Those penalties were justified. Last week Poor Nate gets fined because he gets probably one of the few td's he'll ever get in his career and he wants to celebrate it BY HIMSELF, but Ward (who has had many td's in his career) has to jump in and make fun of the Falcons dirty bird again.
How are the Steelers better that Baltimore this year?
How are they better than the Bengals this year?
How in the world can u say Ben is a top QB this year?
Im a realist. Teams play just as hard against the Steelers as they do against Cleveland.
Favre is at the end of his career thats why he is not playing as well. If you thing P Manning sucks this year then u r the troll.
Im just sick of all of the apologists giving these millionaires a free ride.
BTW the NFL does look at a teams record to decide which team is better, so your "regardless of their record comment" doesnt make any sense. Keep making excuses for them and they will continue to be 6-10.
Since you are a new guy here I will let you in on a little secret. Those of us who are realists are "bandwagon", "not true fans", and "trolls" around here. You'll find there are a few of us though so no reason to leave. Just stay away from the koolaid and rose colored glasses that get passed around.