Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 07-20-2005, 10:45 PM   #1
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418
Default Attn: Figg

I'm not arguing that Big Ben wins with Pittsburgh, that's obvious. My argument is that Big Ben is not as productive as Carson Palmer, period. Just look at the yardage difference and the attempts and you'll see that they compare very favorably to Peyton Manning. Dilfers stats are more favorable to Big Ben b/c of the over inflated rating, the few number of attempts and b/c of the similar role in the offense.

Saying Big Ben was the reason to Pittsburgh success is kind of like saying that Steve Bono was the reason the chiefs where one of the most winningest teams in the 90's.
Old 07-20-2005, 10:59 PM   #2
BB2W
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 328
Default Re: Attn: Figg

Quote:
over inflated rating
This is stupid, you always say stuff like that. Give the man some credit. He threw the ball when called on, and did very well. 98.1 rating....what do you think they added points because he is Big Ben. It is math.....the numbers are there. He was very efficient.

I would rather have that, than Carson's under inflated rating.

So if you blame Ben's high QB rating on him throwing so little. Do you blame Carson's low QB rating on him throwing too much?

Keep making excuses.....

I hope this year we run for 300 yards against you, and Ben goes 8 of 10 for 200 yards and 2 TD's. I will laugh in your face while Carson goes 22 of 44 for 300 yds 1 Td and 3 INT's.

Cats you seem like a cool guy, but I don't understand your veiws on Big Ben. It is getting pointless. Let their play on the feild do the talking.

Last edited by BB2W; 07-20-2005 at 11:09 PM.
BB2W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:20 PM   #3
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
I'm not arguing that Big Ben wins with Pittsburgh, that's obvious. My argument is that Big Ben is not as productive as Carson Palmer, period. Just look at the yardage difference and the attempts and you'll see that they compare very favorably to Peyton Manning. Dilfers stats are more favorable to Big Ben b/c of the over inflated rating, the few number of attempts and b/c of the similar role in the offense.

Saying Big Ben was the reason to Pittsburgh success is kind of like saying that Steve Bono was the reason the chiefs where one of the most winningest teams in the 90's.
You make it so easy to make you look dumb!

att. for Dilfer in a 16 game season- 415,482,386, and 429
att. for Palmer- 432---looks more comparable

Rating for Dilfer 16 games- 60.1,64.8,82.8, and 74.0,
Rating for Palmer- 77.3
Ben-98.1?????

Yards for Palmer who threw the ball 132 more times- 2897
Yards for Ben- 2621 hahahahaha 276 less yards he would have got that in 30 more att lmfao @ you

Palmer yards vrs Manning?? I assume you mean Peytons rookie year compared to Palmers 2nd year right?

Manning yards 1st year- 3739
Palmer-2897

Steve Bono only started 3 years for the Cheifs-93,94,95. Oh I get it you thought he was there all of the 90's.

Cats I know your a hater but common! Just face it Ben was better then Carson last year. This year could be a different story You trying to discredit Ben in every way you can makes you look bad as you can see.

rep anyone? lol

Last edited by figg; 07-20-2005 at 11:25 PM.
figg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:35 PM   #4
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Big Ben was a HUGE reason for our success..not the only reason..but a big one. WE are a team and we give a team effort every week. Defense, running game, ST, it all makes for a winning success. We dont need to rely on Ben to win games for us, but for the most part, when we needed him, he came thru for us. That only leads to bigger and better things to come.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 11:53 PM   #5
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

You know what figg, lets finish our conversation here, I'm tired of them saying their tired of the Big Ben threads.

att. for Palmer- 432---looks more comparable Carson missed a quarter of the season last year, and he still had higher numbers you tool!

Rating for Palmer- 77.3
Ben-98.1????? Why didnt you add in the playoffs to make up for Big Ben's missed games?

Yards for Ben- 2621 hahahahaha 276 less yards he would have got that in 30 att more lmfao @ you Probably closer to 700 (about 25% more than Bens total yards) considering Carson missed a game and a half more than Big Ben.

Palmer yards vrs Manning?? I assume you mean Peytons rookie year compared to Palmers 2nd year right?Well it was Carsons first year under center like Peytons

Palmer-2897 Carson missed a quarter of the season after you multiply that by 1.25 you get 3621.

Steve Bono only started 3 years for the Cheifs-93,94,95. Oh I get it you thought he was there all of the 90's. Good one figg, like there's really a difference between Bono and Elvis Garbage
Old 07-21-2005, 03:47 AM   #6
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Cats , your tired of the Big Ben Threads? Two friggin bad, this is a Steelers site.

Palmers second years compared to Bens first year, is that really fair? We will see after this year. i`m not saying Palmers is a bad qb. But he isn`t way better than Ben. Like Brady, give me a guy that wins anyday, that is the main stat. Take all your personal stats, and shove them up your Palmer. We`ll take the team wins anyday. Thats your guys problem in Cici, and Cleveland , there is nothing else to get excited about so you need one good player, or you would have nothing. 16 years and counting on playoffless seasons. Nice job Bungholes. Nice friggin job.
Old 07-21-2005, 04:47 AM   #7
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

This looks like a thread with a bit of life to it - we even have people quoting stats at each other to prove their points
A quick point Clevestinks - I believe that Go_Cats said that he was tired of other posters (Steelers posters I guess) saying that they are tired of Ben posts - not that he was tired himself.

I think this rivalry between Carson and Ben is to be expected but it very difficult to judge the players based on just one season.

Both are very talented QB's who have a shown a little of what they are capable of - maybe the Manning v Brady comparison will be a good one, especially if the Bengals continue to struggle so much on their D.

I expect Carson to put up big numbers this year - he has a talented WR corps to throw to - his challenge will be to make the big throws when they count.

Ben will see alot of different looks this year on other teams D - they wont be just blitzing the rookie as he burned a few teams last year for using this policy. Bens challenge will be to take on an increased workload - especially if teams start ganging up on the Pittsburgh running game by keeping 8-in-the-box.

ITS PIG-SKIN BABY!

NM
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 05:30 AM   #8
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Cats , your tired of the Big Ben Threads? Two friggin bad, this is a Steelers site.

Palmers second years compared to Bens first year, is that really fair? We will see after this year. i`m not saying Palmers is a bad qb. But he isn`t way better than Ben. Like Brady, give me a guy that wins anyday, that is the main stat. Take all your personal stats, and shove them up your Palmer. We`ll take the team wins anyday. Thats your guys problem in Cici, and Cleveland , there is nothing else to get excited about so you need one good player, or you would have nothing. 16 years and counting on playoffless seasons. Nice job Bungholes. Nice friggin job.
Palmers second year was really his first year, so technically it was his "rookie" season, he took no snaps in 04...Now as far as the dilfer ben comparision is going it's not right too compare a rookie to a veteran. We all have to admit somewhere downt the line Ben had a great rookie seson rather it was him or the team, and who cares about what happened last year that don't mean shit this is a new year and it will be new stats. Now if you guys want to argue in 15 years or so when they retire by all means go for it but I too am sick of seeing Ben vs Carson threads...The bottom line is they are both talented and are both great QB's.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 10:30 AM   #9
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

My take...Ben's overinflated rating? it would be worse if he didn't throw a pick on his first throw of everygame, and we can add in Ben postseason rating as long as you throw in Carson's. What? He wasn't there? oh..., anyway doesn't more attempts and more yards become an overinflated stat when yout team is losing games in the fourth quarter and always seeing the prevent defense? I'm not saying that Ben didn't decline in the playoffs, but the fact his numbers are where they are for how little he attempted throws is amazing. While Carson's numbers being where they are because you have to try to get back into games is just understandable.

Last edited by ironcitychef; 07-21-2005 at 12:31 PM.
ironcitychef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:01 PM   #10
figg
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 416

att. for Palmer- 432---looks more comparable Carson missed a quarter of the season last year, and he still had higher numbers you tool! Moron! My point is if your going to compare a QB to Dilfer start with Palmer. They like to throw as many td's as int's lol

Rating for Palmer- 77.3
Ben-98.1????? Why didnt you add in the playoffs to make up for Big Ben's missed games?
Ben's playoff #'s are better then Dilfers lol Lets add Palmers playoff games to make up for missed time? Oh thats right he didnt make the playoffs
Yards for Ben- 2621 hahahahaha 276 less yards he would have got that in 30 att more lmfao @ you Probably closer to 700 (about 25% more than Bens total yards) considering Carson missed a game and a half more than Big Ben. They both Started 13 games you dumb m fer lol Ben with 132 less att's only had 276 less yards lmfa@ you. You always love to bragg about Palmer having more yards lol

Palmer yards vrs Manning?? I assume you mean Peytons rookie year compared to Palmers 2nd year right?Well it was Carsons first year under center like Peytons
Peyton didnt get 2 mini camps and a offseason to learn his players and playbook like Palmer.

Palmer-2897 Carson missed a quarter of the season after you multiply that by 1.25 you get 3621. Palmer missed 3 games boo hoo. Dont even compare the 2 stupid. Maybe your not aware of this......Palmer had 1 great season in college the rest he was either hurt or just sucked!

Steve Bono only started 3 years for the Cheifs-93,94,95. Oh I get it you thought he was there all of the 90's. Good one figg, like there's really a difference between Bono and Elvis Garbage- Grbac played 2 years in the 90's for the Chiefs dummy lol try Dave Krieg,DeBerg,Montana,Gannon and Bono
Figg face it, you've lost this one, I've shut you up, and by doing so I am declaring myslef: "the new top smack talker- Stop trying to be like me. Your title should be 101 reasons why cats is such a moron

Last edited by figg; 07-21-2005 at 02:07 PM.
figg is offline   Reply With Quote