Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 10-30-2006, 10:56 AM   #1
bradness113
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1962
Default Do we have a chance? I think so

what do u guys think

do we have a chance?

We have to win out and hope balt and cinc go down the toilet
bradness113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:01 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Do we have a chance? I think so

I believe we have a chance but it's a slim to none chance and slim is looking for the door.

We definitely have to win out! It's not impossible but it's going to be difficult if they don't pull it together...one game at a time! They can't look past anyone anymore. Especially this coming week as they face a Denver team the killed back in January!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:21 AM   #3
bozz723
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1132

I just don't get how everyone is declaring this season over. I understand we are 2-5 and baltimore is 5-2, and cincy is 4-3. However yu need to understand that, we play baltimore twice, cincy once, and they play tough teams ahead. Both teams are mediocre at best, and we really, honest to God, have a better than 80% chance of winning out.

If miracles dont happen, like in our 5 losses, we win. I think all those miracles ran out for the opposing teams.
bozz723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
It just boils down to the fact that we've got to play as well as Baltimore and Cincy the rest of the year, and beat their asses when we play them head-to-head.

They also play each other twice, so that's some free ground that we should pick up on them too.
And when those two do lose, the Steelers need to do themselves a favor and put a W up and not give their games away (as they have in 3 of the 5 loses)!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:40 AM   #5
PatriotDynasty
Water Boy

Member Number: 3220

No, you have NO CHANCE. You are DONE!
PatriotDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
Need4spd
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1707

Quote:
Originally Posted by bozz723 View Post
I just don't get how everyone is declaring this season over. I understand we are 2-5 and baltimore is 5-2, and cincy is 4-3. However yu need to understand that, we play baltimore twice, cincy once, and they play tough teams ahead. Both teams are mediocre at best, and we really, honest to God, have a better than 80% chance of winning out.

If miracles dont happen, like in our 5 losses, we win. I think all those miracles ran out for the opposing teams.
Wow, you are really really optimistic. Not that I'm trying to rain on your parade here, but how can you say that the Steelers have a "better than 80% chance of winning out?" They are 2-5 and just lost to the Raiders who before yesterday were universally considered to be the worst team in the NFL. Today you would probably have to include the Steelers in that conversation.

Now before you go calling me a fair-weather fan, please understand that all I'm doing is giving you a painfully realistic take on this team and the current state of their season. One more thing, the Steelers as a team are second in the league only to Oakland in turnovers this season, I wouldn't exactly call that a "miracle."
"The nature of a man who has a competitive spirit will be to inevitably live a life which involves that man overcoming obstacles. But the sport of football is too physically and emotionally difficult to play simply for money or success. Personally, I have been inspired by God."

- Troy Polamalu, Media Day at Super Bowl XL
Need4spd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:11 PM   #7
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,459 Times in 2,381 Posts

The only way this team makes the playoffs is to out right win the division. After the raiders game I dont think we'll get a lot of breaks if it comes down to tie breakers.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:13 PM   #8
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelreserve View Post
It just boils down to the fact that we've got to play as well as Baltimore and Cincy the rest of the year, and beat their asses when we play them head-to-head.

They also play each other twice, so that's some free ground that we should pick up on them too.
That's what I was thinking. We still have a chance. I know it's not looking so good, but we've done it before. Even if we don't win, we could still give them Bungles, Clowns, Ratbirds a hell of a season. Ha ha ha. Watch us play! Go Steelers!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,515 Times in 3,749 Posts

Yeah its possible, but it also is possible for the Browns to win the division.

Wild card is gone.

To win the division, Steelers need to go 5-0 in the remaining division games and somehow make up another game on Cincy and the Ravens (they play each other twice so I guess we hope for a split).

After losing to the Raiders I just do not see it. When the offense plays well the D collapses; with regard to the O the running game has collapsed (cannot score from first and goal inside the one!) and it looks like Ben just needs to get out of this year in one piece while getting his head together (physically and mentally) for 2007.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:19 PM   #10
Btrice
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3145

No chance whatsoever. We could be a spoiler though that is about it. This season has now become about playing for pride.

Last edited by Btrice; 10-30-2006 at 12:38 PM.
Btrice is offline   Reply With Quote