Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 10-30-2006, 11:54 AM   #1
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default Quit Crying

I can't believe all the threads I'm reading today - Band Wagon, Cowher's quitting, we suck yada yada yada - this is the greatest time of year!!! - NFL and college football seasons are in full swing - most of us are huge Steeler fans, but no matter how the Steelers do - it's still football season - quit crying and enjoy the rest of the season !!! -
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:57 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Quit Crying

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
I can't believe all the threads I'm reading today - Band Wagon, Cowher's quitting, we suck yada yada yada - this is the greatest time of year!!! - NFL and college football seasons are in full swing - most of us are huge Steeler fans, but no matter how the Steelers do - it's still football season - quit crying and enjoy the rest of the season !!! -

Amen buddy! Crying over spilt milk is just that - crying over spilt milk. We can't change what was - let's concentrate on what can be.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 11:58 AM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

its still gonna be fun to watch the remaining steeler games. there are some good matchups awaiting. i just want to see more good ones like atl and kc as opposed to the bad ones like against oak and jax.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:14 PM   #4
Hines86Ward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2256

Bravo! Nicely said!
Old 10-30-2006, 12:20 PM   #5
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Echo this. AMEN INDEED.

We still have the Broncos at home. Seeing Shanahan lose to Cowher is priceless.

Spanking Cincy in Cincy. Again. Priceless.

And Baltimore twice? Bring it on baby....
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:21 PM   #6
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,113 Times in 2,391 Posts

With respect to devoted Steelers fans enjoying the remainder of the football season while the Steelers season has flipped over and burst into flames, I am reminded of the line
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you enjoy the play?"

While I will still be watching the Steelers first and foremost for the rest of the year, I can fall back on the Falcons sudden resurgence (courtesy of the Steelers) - let's just say a Falcons run this January will not be the same as last January.

I am a big football fan every season but it obviously is nowhere near as enjoyable when the Steelers season effectively is over before Halloween, an event we fortunately have not been experiencing very often the last 14 years.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:25 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
With respect to devoted Steelers fans enjoying the remainder of the football season while the Steelers season has flipped over and burst into flames, I am reminded of the line
"Other than that Mrs. Lincoln how did you enjoy the play?"

While I will still be watching the Steelers first and foremost for the rest of the year, I can fall back on the Falcons sudden resurgence (courtesy of the Steelers) - let's just say a Falcons run this January will not be the same as last January.

I am a big football fan every season but it obviously is nowhere near as enjoyable when the Steelers season effectively is over before Halloween, an event we fortunately have not been experiencing very often the last 14 years.
Yes we are not use to having the Steelers season being over before Halloween the last 14 years. But alot of NFL fans would have killed to have the same success the Steelers have had the last 14 years. Thats why right now I won't complain any more about this season. It is what it is. Yes I would like to see the Steelers finish strong. But if not it improves their draft status. So all isn't lost. The Steelers have the talent to rebound in 2007.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:45 PM   #8
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Amen....and there is still a slight chance of winning the division if we win out.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 12:51 PM   #9
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

As I said in a thread yesterday, the fat lady may be in her dress and center stage...but she hasn't sung yet on THIS season. If that time comes, we can still enjoy the games and look forward to next season. As I replied to a friend that is a Bengal fan, when I'm feeling badly about the team that I support, I can always go look at our 5 Lombardi's and it helps me feel better. I would have liked to suggest that he could do the same after yesterday's Bengal loss...but then I realized who I was talking to.....and that somehow made me feel good too!!! (lol)

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote