Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-01-2006, 01:00 AM   #21
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default Re: Patriots/Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
Hardwork, LITP your team looked real sharp and good last night. That was very impressive. LITP, You know I always give the Pats their just due. Again last night that team showed they are one of the best teams in the NFL. Before the season I still thought the Pats were the best team in the AFC East and a top 3-4 in the AFC. But last night the Pats showed they are top five or better in the whole NFL.

I agree with you LITP the WR's seem to be finding a rythem with Tom Brady. Both Gabriel and Caldwell had good games. Plus Chad Jackson and Troy Brown both scored TD's. Then you have the freak at TE in Ben Watson. I havn't even mentioned the Pats running game yet. The Pats didn't need their combo at RB last night. I bet this week with the Colts struggles at stopping the run. I see Dillon and Maroney having big games against the Colts. Plus we all know who Peyton Manning's daddy is. Its Bill Belichick.

Hats off to your organization. As long as number 12 is healthy and under center the Pats will be a force in the NFL. I won't bet against the Pats come playoff time. I'm calling it right now. The Pats will beat both the Colts and Bears.
Good call 32,

Things are starting to gel.

It will be interesting to see how the Patriots attack the Colts this week - I would bet BB will try and keep the ball on the ground for the majority - which serves as a double bonus that Steelers fans will be aware of.

It keeps the opposition D on the field and their QB, namely Manning, off the field - aswell as being a productive way of moving the chains.

In 2004 we used this tactic to great effect - running Dillon up the gut repeatedly - Manning became frustrated with his teams T.O.P. (22:17 - 37:43) and tried to force the issue by taking everything into his own hands.

Thats the thing with Manning, when he is rattled he normally tries to do too much instead of giving the RB some more touches, this makes the Colts one dimensional which is the one thing you dont want to be against a Belichick defence.

Last year he was able to pick on a DB corps that was in absolute disarray - it was a total mismatch - this year I think we have enough to keep him check.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:08 AM   #22
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Re: Patriots/Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
I'm calling it right now. The Pats will beat both the Colts and Bears.
That's a pretty tall order but I'd like to see 'em fill it.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote