Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 08-09-2005, 08:17 AM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Any fears????

I hate playing the devils advocate all the time! But is anyone a little nervous, now that we are co close???

You always here about the Sophmore slump for qbs. I wasn`t worried to much about this until Ben lost both his starters from last year, so far. We can speculate that Hines will return, BUT we don`t know when, or if for sure. This doesn`t help Ben at all.
Staley hurting again! This is gettin a little old. His does seem to be injured more than healthy.
Bettis is another year older. Last year he was nothing short of amazing. But can he do this week after week.
After Duce and the Bus we have another injury prone rb, Haynes, he is very talented, and fills in nicely when healthy. BUT how often does he stay healthy??
Willie Parker, seems to be a nice fit, but totally different back from the other three.
Our defense should be better than last year, I say this because i think we will improve at the corner or corners, Coc, Ike and or McFadden coming on strong.
We do have a couple injuries from last year coming back, Casey and Kendall. This should help.

Like I said before. Is anyone just a little nervous? Our schedule is definitley top heavy. we play the hardest part of our schedule early. So it doesn`t help having all these problems or injuries.
Old 08-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #2
Da Boot
Water Boy

Member Number: 513
Default Re: Any fears????

I have a lot less fears now then I did last year at this time. This team is real deep at a lot of positions, they proved that last year. It could be a lot worse. :)
Old 08-09-2005, 10:19 AM   #3
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I am pretty confident, but I understand your fears Cleve. The runningback and wide receiver positions are kind of bothering me. I want to see Hines back soon and to see how the wide receivers all work together. The runningback position is one that is my big concern. Bettis can still get it done, but you're right he is older. Duce has been pretty injury prone. Haynes injuries also. Parker intrigues me. He's fast and a whole different kind of back. I think next year we will probably end up drafting a runningback pretty early on. I actually thought we would have taken Kay-Jay Harris at some point in this years draft.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 04:26 PM   #4
Southernsteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 447

The OLine scares the living crapp out of me once again....It played awesome last year but can it do it again....WR RB QB all meaning less if our OL can't take control of games like it did last year...remember 2 years ago it couldn't control the tempo of the game or keep the ball and our defensive paid the price..thus 6-10 season..2 new starters(starks,simmons), one pair of crappy knees(hartings), 2 all pros(Smith, faneca)
Southernsteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #5
I.C. Lights
Starter

Member Number: 530

I'm scared about the OL too, mostly because I haven't heard much about it this summer. Can someone in the burgh or someone who's seen training camp make us feel better about this? If the OL isn't going to be as good as last year's, do you think having a TE like Heath Miller will help make up for it?
I.C. Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2005, 06:42 PM   #6
SteelerFanInATL
Team Captain

Member Number: 369

No time to worry. We have who we have. I want to see them in action so I can get a better feel about who can do what. I'm excited to see how things turn out based on what everyone has mentioned.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 PM   #7
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

No worries about the defense at all. We're returning most of the starters and we definatly have alot of good depth for the most part. There's a small ? at MLB as far as depth goes, but we have enough to get by.

No question on the OL, TE's, FB's either. No question on the ST. Reed and Gardocki are as solid as they come. Our coverage teams under spencer get better and better, and last year were one of the best.

Ben ? You always worry about a soph. jinx, but if anybody can continue to improve its ben. The jinx doesnt affect everybody, and Ben is as tough as they come, so I think he'll be fine. Not expecting 15-1 or anything, but solid smart play, absolutely

RB.. right now we have Bettis, Haynes, herron and parker healthy. We're pretty ok. Bettis and Haynes will split time inthe backfield. However that works out is anybody's guess. Parker is a huge threat in the speed dept. He can outrun nearly any DB. Duce should only be out for the first week or 2, plus we have an early by this year.. AGAIN.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 05:40 PM   #8
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

Worried? No whats the worse that could happen? go to the AFCC and lose again? If you haven't gotten over that fear by now, then every season should give you plenty of grey hair. The only worry is always about injuries. Then you play that what if game(not as an excuse) that won't get answered till at least next year. That drives me crazy. Nothing worse than just trying to read through Cowher's injury list on Wednesday wondering who we going to pick up to plug holes the rest of the year.
Old 08-10-2005, 08:36 PM   #9
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

If we can get thru a season like last year w/ all the injuries we had and all the backups stepping up, we can get thru anyseason.
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2005, 10:45 PM   #10
Blitzburgh55
Starter

Member Number: 481

I got no fears execpt we need hines to get into camp

Cant Touch This
A New Year. A New Ring. A New Hand.
Blitzburgh55 is offline   Reply With Quote