Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 06-17-2006, 01:48 PM   #1
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1031
Default N. Korea denies it's about to test missile.....

TOKYO - The United States and Japan urged North Korea on Saturday not to proceed with reported plans to test-fire a long-range missile capable of reaching the U.S. mainland. But North Korean officials denied such preparations, the Kyodo News agency reported, citing an unidentified South Korean official.

U.S. Ambassador to Japan Thomas Schieffer and Japanese Foreign Minister Taro Aso met Saturday night amid mounting speculation the North could soon test a Taepodong-2 missile capable of reaching the United States with a light payload.

South Korean media reports said the North had loaded booster rockets onto a launch pad in preparation for the test.

After the meeting, Schieffer reiterated Washington's stance that the test would be a dangerous act that would hurt North Korean interests. The North has been under a self-imposed moratorium on long-range missile tests since 1999.

"We hope that the North Koreans will not take this provocative action. We hope that they will return to the six-party talks," Schieffer said, referring to international talks aiming to get North Korea to give up its nuclear program.

Those talks ? involving the United States, the two Koreas, China, Japan and Russia ? have been stalled by a North Korean boycott.

A launch "will only isolate the North Koreans further from the rest of the international community," he said.

Schieffer said Washington was working with allies on how to respond if North Korea goes ahead with the launch, but he refused to be specific, saying only that "all options are on the table."

White House spokeswoman Dana Perino said a North Korean missile launch would violate a moratorium on long-range missile tests declared in 1999 by North Korean leader Kim Jong Il.

"This would be yet another instance of North Korea violating the international commitments it has made," she said.

Aso told reporters that the situation was "serious" and that North Korea had been warned not to fire the missile. "How we will respond depends on what North Korea does," he said.

Japan has grown increasingly tense as news reports emerge that Pyongyang could soon launch the missile. North Korea fired a missile over northern Japan into the Pacific Ocean in 1998, and the move spurred Tokyo to work with Washington on a missile defense system.

A U.S. government official told The Associated Press on Friday that a test of the Taepodong-2 may be imminent. The Washington official agreed to speak but only on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the information.

South Korean newspaper Chosun Ilbo reported Saturday that North Korea also moved about 10 fuel tanks to the launch site in preparation for the test.

It said intelligence authorities from Seoul and Washington had made the assessment, based on satellite images, that the North had loaded booster rockets onto a launch pad and moved the fuel tanks close by. The paper quoted an unidentified high-level South Korean government official.

South Korean Foreign Ministry spokesman Choo Kyu-ho could not confirm the report.

Japan's conservative Sankei Shimbun, citing government officials it did not name, said the Japanese government had dispatched two Aegis destroyers to the Sea of Japan and the Pacific Ocean. Hidetsugu Iwamasa, a Japanese naval official, said he could not comment on the report, citing security concerns.

North Korea plans to disguise the missile test as an attempt to put a satellite into orbit, Kyodo News agency reported Saturday. Pyongyang has been calculating an orbit for a fake satellite and plans to announce its trajectory after firing the missile, Kyodo reported from Beijing, citing military intelligence officials it did not identify.

North Korea said in 1998 that its launch then was an effort to put a satellite in space, but Washington and Tokyo say that is just a cover for a military program.

By CHISAKI WATANABE

This might get a little tricky folks.....

BOW DOWN TO THE BLACK AND GOLD!!!!!
DIESELMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 01:52 PM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: N. Korea denies it's about to test missile.....

See these are the fools we should go after. But with all the attention and focus on Iraq. North Korea just keeps testing missles and stock piling nuclear material. Plus North Korea has a dictator that treats is ruthless also. I think we better watch Iran also. I don't like talking politics. It always gets to heated. So I shouldn't have kept my mouth shut.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #3
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Speak freely Bro............everyone has their opinions on everything especially shit like this......There are so many scenarios that goes along with this its not even funny.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #4
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

We need to keep an eye on everybody but we are getting real strung out. We've gotten better relations with China, Russia and Japan. We need to keep that up because sooner or later something and I mean something BIG is going to happen. The more eyes and ears we have helping the better the world will be.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:10 PM   #5
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
Speak freely Bro............everyone has their opinions on everything especially shit like this......There are so many scenarios that goes along with this its not even funny.
Hell there is nothing funny about North Korea testing missles. Man this is not good at all. I just pray and hope for the best.
Old 06-17-2006, 02:19 PM   #6
DIESELMAN
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Every time one of these countries denies doing what we are accusing them of 10 times out of 10 guess what? thats what they are doing. N. Korea, Iran and some of these other countries are like little kids. "Johnny!! What are you doing?" "Nothing Mom" "Johnny did you light the cats ass on fire" "No it wasn't me mom" They have no conception of what their actions will do to the rest of the world all they care about is themselves and what they want to do.

Old 06-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIESELMAN
Every time one of these countries denies doing what we are accusing them of 10 times out of 10 guess what? thats what they are doing. N. Korea, Iran and some of these other countries are like little kids. "Johnny!! What are you doing?" "Nothing Mom" "Johnny did you light the cats ass on fire" "No it wasn't me mom" They have no conception of what their actions will do to the rest of the world all they care about is themselves and what they want to do.
Exactly I totally agree.
Old 06-17-2006, 03:43 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,635 Times in 2,878 Posts

[QUOTE=DIESELMAN] test a Taepodong-2 missile capable of reaching the United States with a light payload.

[QUOTE]

i got a dong 2 missle of my own with a heavy load and they can suck it.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 04:02 PM   #9
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

We will end up having to confront these idiots since the UN is useless and every other country sits by waiting for us to make the first move so they can sit back and criticize. Same old, same old.
Old 06-18-2006, 12:19 PM   #10
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Gee, I just can't figure this one out. We KNOW for a fact that they have WMD's. Their country is run by a brutal dictator. Why didn't we invade them? What made Iraq a much more attractive target. I just can't seem to put my finger on it.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote