Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-01-2006, 07:22 AM   #21
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: John Kerry

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:18 AM   #22
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

Let's put him in front of those troops and see how dumb he thinks they are then. I wonder if he's ever heard of friendly fire!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 08:41 AM   #23
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I was trying to prove a point with that analogy.
I know that XT....me too. I couldn't agree with you more.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #24
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
But he got no corner on stupid things said, our president has said lots stupider stuff.
Tom
Now THATS funny!!!! please tell me that was on purpose!?....Personally...I think its one of the dumberer things that Kerry has said

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 11-01-2006 at 10:41 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:02 AM   #25
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Now THATS funny!!!! please tell me that was on purpose!?
Hehe. You know me, LLT, when I choose a word it means exactly what I want it to mean.

First, I think Kerry is a doofus.

But to rebut what the Shark says, liberals don't feel that way about our troops. Lots of us also have friends and relatives and coworkers in Iraq right now; don't insult us by painting everyone with a broad brush and making this into a wedge that is simply not there. It's possible to be against the administration AND patriotic. And I can be against the war AND for our troops. Honestly, if I felt that staying in Iraq would work, I'd be in favor of it. I'm only against it because it isn't working, and no amount of optimism is going to change that.

Why is there more outrage about this doofus' poorly worded joke than there was about Bush's mocking of his mistaken "weapons of mass distruction" at a National Press Club luncheon a couple of years ago? That the president himself would mock a "mistake" that ACTUALLY KILLED soldiers goes unremarked on, doesn't it? ("lets see... no weapons over here....") And Bush's action, which made light of the fact that his "mistake" led to the death and maiming of thousands of soldiers and Iraqis, was actually SCRIPTED and APPROVED! AND THEN HE WENT THROUGH WITH IT! Kerry said something that meant something else; BUSH ACTUALLY MEANT THAT IT WAS FUNNY! No weapons? Shrug! Oh Well!

Kerry isn't running for anything. BUT, if he was, those who have the power to cast a vote would be well advised to ignore whatever idiotic thing came out of his mouth and look instead to how he has acted in regard to the military over his 20 years in the Senate. He has never failed to vote in favor of military pay raises and against pay cuts. He has consistently voted in favor of defense spending, and has consistently voted against defense cuts. In those instances where he has voted against defense spending, he was many times voting in line with the views of GHW Bush and his defense secretary, Dick Cheney, voting against questionable weapons and poorly thought out appropriations (source: Slate). Kerry might have to eat his idiotic words in this case, but he doesn't have to apologize to the military for anything he's done as a senator, at least regarding his backing of a strong defense.

Like I said, the guy is a slow thinker. And he would have made a poor president. But he's certainly not weak on defense or the military. And he's a better man than the guy who won. You might not want to have him at your party, but he's a lot more principled than the people in charge now.

Tom

Last edited by Mosca; 11-01-2006 at 11:07 AM.
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #26
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
Hehe. You know me, LLT, when I choose a word it means exactly what I want it to mean.

First, I think Kerry is a doofus.

But to rebut what the Shark says, liberals don't feel that way about our troops. Lots of us also have friends and relatives and coworkers in Iraq right now; don't insult us by painting everyone with a broad brush and making this into a wedge that is simply not there. It's possible to be against the administration AND patriotic. And I can be against the war AND for our troops. Honestly, if I felt that staying in Iraq would work, I'd be in favor of it. I'm only against it because it isn't working, and no amount of optimism is going to change that.

Why is there more outrage about this doofus' poorly worded joke than there was about Bush's mocking of his mistaken "weapons of mass distruction" at a National Press Club luncheon a couple of years ago? That the president himself would mock a "mistake" that ACTUALLY KILLED soldiers goes unremarked on, doesn't it? ("lets see... no weapons over here....") And Bush's action, which made light of the fact that his "mistake" led to the death and maiming of thousands of soldiers and Iraqis, was actually SCRIPTED and APPROVED! AND THEN HE WENT THROUGH WITH IT! Kerry said something that meant something else; BUSH ACTUALLY MEANT THAT IT WAS FUNNY! No weapons? Shrug! Oh Well!

Kerry isn't running for anything. BUT, if he was, those who have the power to cast a vote would be well advised to ignore whatever idiotic thing came out of his mouth and look instead to how he has acted in regard to the military over his 20 years in the Senate. He has never failed to vote in favor of military pay raises and against pay cuts. He has consistently voted in favor of defense spending, and has consistently voted against defense cuts. In those instances he has voted against defense increases, he was many times voting in line with the views of GHW Bush and his defense secretary, Dick Cheney (source: Slate). Kerry might have to eat his idiotic words in this case, but he doesn't have to apologize to the military for anything he's done as a senator, at least regarding his backing of a strong defense.

Like I said, the guy is a slow thinker. And he would have made a poor president. But he's certainly not weak on defense or the military. And he's a better man than the guy who won. You might not want to have him at your party, but he's a lot more principled than the people in charge now.

Tom
I appreciate the humor and the well-thought out remarks. I might disagree with you on Kerry being a principled person..(People with principles generally dont waffle on issues in such a blatant manner as he has done on numerous occasions)...HOWEVER, you are correct and well informed on his record with the military...I find myself in complete opposition to everything he SAYS about the military...but respect the way Kerry votes on military issues. Like you said...He needs to "eat his words" on this issue and on so many statements that seem to be outright disrespectful.
In regards to Bush's statements at the Press Club...it needs to be pointed out that the whole scenerio behind the "Weapons of Mass Destruction" was a intel problem that was believed by BOTH parties. So there is a basic difference in Bush making a comment about someone elses mistake as opposed to Kerrys comment that was self-proclaimed and that he needs to own.
Old 11-01-2006, 12:02 PM   #27
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Jeez, you got me on that one; I can't believe I defended ANY politician as "principled". I should have written that the current administration is no more principled; one is not better than the other, that's for sure.

The thing that galls me about the Bush incident isn't that WMD was wrong; it's that he thought that such a tragic mistake was jokeworthy. He didn't take it seriously. That says far more to me about the man and his handlers than the mistake about the WMD does.

And again, Kerry is a doofus. But he DID volunteer to go to Vietnam. And Swift Boat Veterans notwithstanding, he served with valor. I'll believe the eyewitness accounts that were written at the time events happened and ignore the rewrite of 35 years later, thanks.

As I've written here once before, throughout our nations history it has consistently been Democrats that have led us overseas to defend our freedom, and Republicans who have been isolationists. Democrats led us into WW1. Dems led us into WW2 (Republicans were passionately against involvement; some prominent industrialists (Ford, GM, GE) were capitalizing quite well on the Nazi war machine). Truman led the fight against communist expansion in Korea. Kennedy and Johnson expanded Vietnam. Clinton sent troops to Bosnia. The slur that Democrats are soft on defense, nothing could be further from the truth. The difference is, Democrats send troops to war over principles. Republicans send troops to war when it is good for business (and not until).

Tom
Old 11-01-2006, 12:06 PM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
and look instead to how he has acted in regard to the military over his 20 years in the Senate. He has never failed to vote in favor of military pay raises and against pay cuts.
Yeah - when he has bothered to show up to vote.

I have absolutely NO respect for this man, none. (sorry Tom - your post was very well written but I can't in good conscience agree with it (except for Kerry being a doofus ).

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 12:19 PM   #29
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Yeah - when he has bothered to show up to vote.

I have absolutely NO respect for this man, none. (sorry Tom - your post was very well written but I can't in good conscience agree with it (except for Kerry being a doofus ).
I understand, HTG. But remember to go right to the record for information. His record, when he votes, is for strong military.

Tom
Old 11-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #30
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:

The difference is, Democrats send troops to war over principles.
Tom
I think WWII is a perfect example of Democrats ignoring principals for waaayyy too long and locking themselves into an isolationist mentality. It took an attack upon our fleet to get us involved ..The Principle of what Hitler was doing in Europe...Italy's invasion of Greece and Egypt....and the Japan atrocities in China was NOT enough to get us involved.

...and I think the majority of American Vets from Vietnam will tell you that it was American Govermental policy that tied the hands of the soldiers and never allowed them to win the war.