Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #31
augustashark
Assistant Coach
 
augustashark's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,432
Member Number: 900
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Hehe. But to rebut what the Shark says, liberals don't feel that way about our troops. Lots of us also have friends and relatives and coworkers in Iraq right now; don't insult us by painting everyone with a broad brush and making this into a wedge that is simply not there. It's possible to be against the administration AND patriotic. And I can be against the war AND for our troops. Honestly, if I felt that staying in Iraq would work, I'd be in favor of it. I'm only against it because it isn't working, and no amount of optimism is going to change that.

Tom
If you think that the leadership of the liberal party does not feel the same way that Kerry does, then you my friend have your head in the sand.

You would be in favor of the war if it as working???????? What the hell ever happen to dig deep, keep fighting the good fight. Just because you think that it wont work does not mean it will not! Iraq is a battle in the war on terror! What if the patriots would have had this same mentality after the 1st battle of Saratoga?

The easiest thing to say about the war in Iraq is that it's fruitless and we are losing so bring them home. The hard thing to say is that we are determined to win this war because I know that we must be on the offensive to defeat the terrorist. I choose the harder road not for me or my wife or friends, but for my kids! I don't want them to feel the way I did after 9-11.
__________________
LOS MOLINO.
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #32
sumo
Team Captain
 
sumo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Asotin, WA
Posts: 891
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
I understand, HTG. But remember to go right to the record for information. His record, when he votes, is for strong military.

Tom
Like the 67 billion for the troops in Iraq that he voted for before he voted against during his pres campaign? -- sorry I'm with HTGal on this one - anybody supporting this guy while he waffles around ...needs to look hard at their own ability to see reality - (in full disclosure, I would consider myself a conservative democrat) -- when you say "doofus", you are more in line with Bush's inability to communicate while he stumbles over words while speaking -- when you label Kerry as "principled" and then say look at his record, I see a person - especially while he was running for pres - unable to maintain consistent principles on issues like Iraq and the troops ...sorry IMHO of course - I could not disagree with you more ...

Last edited by sumo; 11-01-2006 at 04:05 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #33
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend
 
83-Steelers-43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 12,993
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1009
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by augustashark View Post
If you think that the leadership of the liberal party does not feel the same way that Kerry does, then you my friend have your head in the sand.

You would be in favor of the war if it as working???????? What the hell ever happen to dig deep, keep fighting the good fight. Just because you think that it wont work does not mean it will not! Iraq is a battle in the war on terror! What if the patriots would have had this same mentality after the 1st battle of Saratoga?

The easiest thing to say about the war in Iraq is that it's fruitless and we are losing so bring them home. The hard thing to say is that we are determined to win this war because I know that we must be on the offensive to defeat the terrorist. I choose the harder road not for me or my wife or friends, but for my kids! I don't want them to feel the way I did after 9-11.
While I agree with the majority, I think Rumsfeld should have been gone after Bush's first term. IMO, I don't think the guy knows what he's doing.

In the words of Machiavelli "The first method for estimating the intelligence of a ruler is to look at the men he has around him.".
__________________
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:08 PM   #34
sumo
Team Captain
 
sumo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Asotin, WA
Posts: 891
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

I mentoned this before on another thread - I strongly recommend that everybody read a book entitled "While Europe Slept" -- does not matter what your political affiliation is - this book will absolutely blow you away - the realities in this book are just now beginning to get the press they deserve - but in a lot of ways, you will realize that we have already lost the war on terror in Western Europe ..
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:17 PM   #35
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
I understand, HTG. But remember to go right to the record for information. His record, when he votes, is for strong military.

Tom
I don't need to see his "record", Tom. His traitorous behavior during the Vietnam War while his brethren were still being held as POWs, along with his assinine comments pertaining to the war in Iraq, coupled with his past and present put downs of the brave men and women who put their lives on the line every day so that he can continue to live in his glass house and enjoy his freedoms (albiet in his case- freedom to speak with forked tongue) doesn't fall in line with his supposed pro-military voting record. In this case, words speak louder than actions.
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:53 PM   #36
Mosca
Team President
Supporter
 
Mosca's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Mountain Top, PA
Posts: 2,397
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1751
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

Fair enough, I knew I'd be the only one taking this stance when I started. I never figured that I'll bring anyone around, and I don't want anyone thinking that I like the guy; just pointing out that his RECORD is not anti military.

It is widely acknowledged fact that the isolationist movement prior to the US's entry into WW2 was led by the Republican Party; "...in 1940 two Republicans, Henry L. Stimson and Frank Knox, were virtually read out of the party for accepting posts in Roosevelt's cabinet." It is also true that much of the country was anti-intervention. However the fact remains that we went to war under Democratic leadership then.

And Augusta Shark, I don't understand your insistence on painting ther issue in stark relief, in black and white. Are you saying that the entire military is Republican? That there is no such thing as a Democratic soldier, and that all Democrats are anti American? If so, then all your arguments are rendered suspect due to your inability to recognize the complexity of the issues at hand; issues will never distill to the simplicity that you insist they have. The longer we keep our forces in Iraq, the stronger the insurgency becomes. If we were to send our entire military might there, we could only quell the insurgency for however long we could afford to, or until we needed forces elsewhere. History has shown that occupations always end in the conqueror being vanquished. Again, if I believed that leaving our forces in Iraq would help form a stable government, then I would say to leave them there; I wish that that would be true.


Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 04:38 PM   #37
augustashark
Assistant Coach
 
augustashark's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,432
Member Number: 900
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosca View Post
Fair enough, I knew I'd be the only one taking this stance when I started. I never figured that I'll bring anyone around, and I don't want anyone thinking that I like the guy; just pointing out that his RECORD is not anti military.

It is widely acknowledged fact that the isolationist movement prior to the US's entry into WW2 was led by the Republican Party; "...in 1940 two Republicans, Henry L. Stimson and Frank Knox, were virtually read out of the party for accepting posts in Roosevelt's cabinet." It is also true that much of the country was anti-intervention. However the fact remains that we went to war under Democratic leadership then.

And Augusta Shark, I don't understand your insistence on painting ther issue in stark relief, in black and white. Are you saying that the entire military is Republican? That there is no such thing as a Democratic soldier, and that all Democrats are anti American? If so, then all your arguments are rendered suspect due to your inability to recognize the complexity of the issues at hand; issues will never distill to the simplicity that you insist they have. The longer we keep our forces in Iraq, the stronger the insurgency becomes. If we were to send our entire military might there, we could only quell the insurgency for however long we could afford to, or until we needed forces elsewhere. History has shown that occupations always end in the conqueror being vanquished. Again, if I believed that leaving our forces in Iraq would help form a stable government, then I would say to leave them there; I wish that that would be true.


Tom
No I'm not saying the entire military is Republican, what the hell would even make you think that? I was saying the leadership of the Democratic party feels the same way Kerry does. Pelosi, Kennedy, Murtha and Dean!!!!!!!!!! Get your head out of the sand and you would be able to see it!


The bolded part above is the biggest piece of Bullshit that the Dems throw out there!

Maybe we need a Harry Turman type! Boom!
__________________
LOS MOLINO.

Last edited by augustashark; 11-01-2006 at 05:06 PM.
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:04 PM   #38
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach
 
Cape Cod Steel Head's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cape Cod MA.
Posts: 1,325
Gender: Male
Member Number: 545
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
Kerry had a picture of himself taken with his crew, in Vietnam, in his kahkies, with a purple heart pinned on his shirt. Now, I mean the medal itself, not the ribbon. Need we say any more about John Kerry? Is there any question about where his head was at? Did he think he was still in the Cub Scouts and just got his Lions Badge?
At least Kerry was IN Vietnam, and not busy guarding Texas from the Viet Cong! But I agree the joke was in bad taste, and he should apologize.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:10 PM   #39
augustashark
Assistant Coach
 
augustashark's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,432
Member Number: 900
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

If you stop and think about it, THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO SEE TO KNOW WHAT KIND OF MAN JOHN KERRY IS:


__________________
LOS MOLINO.
augustashark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 05:11 PM   #40
sumo
Team Captain
 
sumo's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Asotin, WA
Posts: 891
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3047
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: John Kerry

http://www.cnn.com/2006/POLITICS/11/...rks/index.html

HE's apologizing -note that this is due to political pressure - not because he is a highly principled supporter of the troops - up until this morning he was still trying to sell everybody that he was really ripping Bush and wasn't making a joke about the troops - I know this is blatantly obvious, but the media isn't pointing it out, so it must be really really really hard to see...I don't need to look at his record to know that this guy is motivated solely by politics and NOT by principles..

Last edited by sumo; 11-01-2006 at 05:15 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts