Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-01-2006, 09:59 PM   #51
DiggetyDank
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2252
Default Re: John Kerry

DiggetyDank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:32 AM   #52
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:07 PM   #53
HometownGal
Living Legend

Why can't Flipper just freakin' apologize and leave the politics out of it for a change?

Kerry Swallows Hard, Apologizes on Blog

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., has flip-flopped again. After adamantly stating that he would "apologize to no one" for his comments about the intelligence of individual members of the U.S. military, Kerry is now saying - or writing - that he is sorry.

In a blog entry that appears at his JohnKerry.com Web site, the junior senator from Massachusetts offers this statement:

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended."

Kerry's mea culpa continues with an attack on the Bush administration:

"It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don?t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

Kerry's low-key apology stands in sharp contrast to his vocal press conference Tuesday in which he blasted his critics for even implying that his comments were controversial.

Perhaps the apology came after some arm-twisting from members of his own Democratic Party less than one week before the midterm elections. Since the story broke, leading Democrats have been trying to distance themselves from Kerry's comments, including Sen. Hillary Clinton, who called his comments 'inappropriate.'

President George W. Bush, who soundly defeated Kerry in the 2004 presidential election, and many others have demanded an apology from Kerry. Bush called Kerry's comments 'insulting and shameful' to U.S. military veterans and their families.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 11-02-2006, 12:51 PM   #54
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Why can't Flipper just freakin' apologize and leave the politics out of it for a change?

Kerry Swallows Hard, Apologizes on Blog

Sen. John Kerry, D-Mass., has flip-flopped again. After adamantly stating that he would "apologize to no one" for his comments about the intelligence of individual members of the U.S. military, Kerry is now saying - or writing - that he is sorry.

In a blog entry that appears at his JohnKerry.com Web site, the junior senator from Massachusetts offers this statement:

"As a combat veteran, I want to make it clear to anyone in uniform and to their loved ones: my poorly stated joke at a rally was not about, and never intended to refer to any troop.

"I sincerely regret that my words were misinterpreted to wrongly imply anything negative about those in uniform, and I personally apologize to any service member, family member, or American who was offended."

Kerry's mea culpa continues with an attack on the Bush administration:

"It is clear the Republican Party would rather talk about anything but their failed security policy. I don?t want my verbal slip to be a diversion from the real issues. I will continue to fight for a change of course to provide real security for our country, and a winning strategy for our troops."

Kerry's low-key apology stands in sharp contrast to his vocal press conference Tuesday in which he blasted his critics for even implying that his comments were controversial.

Perhaps the apology came after some arm-twisting from members of his own Democratic Party less than one week before the midterm elections. Since the story broke, leading Democrats have been trying to distance themselves from Kerry's comments, including Sen. Hillary Clinton, who called his comments 'inappropriate.'

President George W. Bush, who soundly defeated Kerry in the 2004 presidential election, and many others have demanded an apology from Kerry. Bush called Kerry's comments 'insulting and shameful' to U.S. military veterans and their families.
Amazing to me that this being an "election year" was the reason for his comment.... and fittingly enough...the same reason that the other Dems have distanced themselves from him and left him stranded out on a politically expediant island by himself
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #55
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Thing is, even the comment that he actually intended to make was ridiculous; he got the exact same grades at Yale that Bush did.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 01:32 PM   #56
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

His apology came via a blog!!!!!!!!!!!!, what an ass! Can't even go on tv and give an apology to the us troops!

This guy is done!
Old 11-02-2006, 02:19 PM   #57
DiggetyDank
Draft Prospect

You know, I wonder why I didn't see the same uproar when Bush did that comedy routine about the missing WMDs.

Also, it's great how the people have let this distract them from the real issues.

Hey, who is more repugnant? The guy that made some kind of asinine joke, or the guy SENDING TROOPS TO THEIR DEATHS?
Old 11-02-2006, 02:42 PM   #58
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggetyDank View Post
You know, I wonder why I didn't see the same uproar when Bush did that comedy routine about the missing WMDs.

Also, it's great how the people have let this distract them from the real issues.

Hey, who is more repugnant? The guy that made some kind of asinine joke, or the guy SENDING TROOPS TO THEIR DEATHS?
Why do you libs have to turn the spotlight around whenever one of your own is being called on the carpet??? We're not talking about George Bush here - the title of the thread is....JOHN KERRY.

John Kerry has done more over the years than make "assinine" jokes. Ask the Vets how they feel about him after he knifed his Vietnam comrades in the back to further his political career. The term "piece of shit" is too good for this letch.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 11-02-2006, 02:45 PM   #59
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggetyDank View Post

I think you're missing the point here buddy. Bush, supports the troops, although he is "sending them to their death" it is an all volunteer armed service. The majority of the people in the service got into it to defend the country, even more following the terrorist attacks. They aren't stupid, and only Kerry could spin this into an accident. It come out how he MEANT it. His aides may have written it differently, but he said what he meant.

Oh, an dyou say Bush is sending all those troops to their deaths? What about all of the Democratic congressmen/women who voted in favor of the war (INCLUDING KERRY). It's amzing to me that you lousy democrats can always easily forget that.

Our exit policy, while flawed, should have been thought about before we got involved, by both parties.

There weren't too many dem's against this wr when it started, but now that they realize they can milk votes out of it, well....you know.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 03:21 PM   #60
DiggetyDank
Draft Prospect

BS. How did Bush support the troops by joking about the nonexistent WMDs that thousands of soldiers died for? Many soldiers signed up after 9/11 - that didn't have anything to do with Iraq. It's not their fault Bush just changed it up, gave up on finding Bin Laden and decided to go to Iraq.

Notice, I'm not defending Kerry at all.

Exit Strategy by both parties? I hope you're joking. Any talk of an exit strategy by ANY party until recently was interpreted as "cut and run." Remember the phrase they just stopped using? Stay the course? Also, the Republican party controls both houses and the presidency so it's not like anyone who didn't fully drink the neo-con koolaid would have had a say regardless.