Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-01-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Got it figured out!

Sorry! I`ve been absent lately, just have not had any time.

Looking back on last years season, and looking at this years season. The two big differences for me are, Steelers Fever Forum and my lucky Steelers hat.
Last year I was on the forum every day, thats what to me to 7000 posts or whatever it was.
And my hat, this year a havent put on that one hat until this past Monday, after the loss to the waiders, I put it on. I can`t wear it to my job, but I`m wearing it daily now.
I`m very superstitous, and SF was always a great way for me to communicate with some great Steelers fans, and bring them some luck. But with work, and starting my business, a being a father, coach and husband. I`ve had almost zero time for the forum. I didn`t go to another forum or anything like that. Every time I wanted to come back for a few comments, I knew it would turn into an hour. But for the sake of a few wins, I`m back a little so bare with me!

As for the season, i hate them after the game, for a second. Because I actually bleed black & gold. So its a physical pain after a loss, sick, nauseus everything. But I`m still optomostic, the division that was suppose to be so powerful, is not. The bungles aren`t playing so well, palmer is human. And the over rated ratbirds are just plain lucky. Theier defense is tight and take advantage of the turnovers. But how many three or four tipped passes can you score TDs on???? Every highlight you see its tip tip tipTD. That luck wo`nt last. Unfortunatley 9-7 or 10-6 will win this division. Fortunatley we will be in the mix. Ben should not have played this week, but he will be fine. I agree that Cowher blew it letting him play, but we will get over it.

I Love the STEELERS, I live , breath and eat the Steelers. I`m happy to be back!

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooo STEELERS!
Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Got it figured out!

Welcome back!
And if you leave again, it's 50 lashes with a clowns dirty towel!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Welcome back cleve. I agree on your take about the 9-7 or 10-6 could end up winning the division.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:05 AM   #4
19ward86
Head Coach

Member Number: 2717

we had 23 turnovers last season and we have 18 already this year...that is the difference!!!
Old 11-02-2006, 09:47 AM   #5
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Well now that we know it's been all your fault......DON'T LEAVE US AGAIN!!!!!!!!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:52 AM   #6
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Welcome back my man, now don't forget to wear that hat. For the superstitions to work, we all have to do our rituals consistantly.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 09:54 AM   #7
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Yeah, we have turned the ball over more, whether it's supersitions or just back luck, you can be the judge.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:11 AM   #8
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I'll take neither and call it player performance, or stupidity, or insert some other adjective to describe their play so far this year!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 11:55 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

WOO HOO! Welcome back cleve! I've missed you and your great insight around here!

I haven't worn my Steelers bracelet all season and I need to start wearing it again. I'm always afraid of losing it - I received it as a gift and would curl up and die if I ever lost it - LOL!

I feel the same way after a Steelers loss, cleve - I think we all do. It feels like you swallowed a basketball, the throat feels like a strangle-hold and the post-game depression hits. I'm usually over it in a couple of hours and look ahead to the next game with anticipation. Reality sets in that we can't win the Super Bowl every season, but back to back championships like we've done twice before would sure as hell be sweet, wouldn't it? I'm not giving up the faith - not until the fat lady sharts her pants.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #10
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
WOO HOO! Welcome back cleve! I've missed you and your great insight around here!

I haven't worn my Steelers bracelet all season and I need to start wearing it again. I'm always afraid of losing it - I received it as a gift and would curl up and die if I ever lost it - LOL!

I feel the same way after a Steelers loss, cleve - I think we all do. It feels like you swallowed a basketball, the throat feels like a strangle-hold and the post-game depression hits. I'm usually over it in a couple of hours and look ahead to the next game with anticipation. Reality sets in that we can't win the Super Bowl every season, but back to back championships like we've done twice before would sure as hell be sweet, wouldn't it? I'm not giving up the faith - not until the fat lady sharts her pants.
Hometown..who are you fooling...you are just like me in the aspect that I am the biggest crabbiest...pissiest...nastiest..person for about two hours after a Steeler loss...but after that the wheels in my brain start turning...I start figuring out the mathmatical possibilities of the playoffs...The joy of our upcoming games with rivals and taking them out of the playoff run....and figuring out what needs to change from game to game ...(Just in case teh coach calls and needs my opinion). The best part of being a steeler fan is that we dont have to worry about years (or decades of not making or winning in the playoffs)

No matter how bad it gets....I fall back on my mantra..."it could be worse...I could be a Bengal fan and any streak of bad luck could last 15 years!!!!"
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote