Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #1
jstriker29
Water Boy

Member Number: 3470
Default I love the optimism of Steelers fans...

9-7 wins the division. Whatever you have to tell yourselves to still have hope. Oh and one of my favorites, The AFC north overrated. Do you seriously expect me to believe that if the Steelers were 5-2, the Bengals were 4-3 and the Ravens were 2-5, that you guys would be saying that 9-7 wins the division, or that the AFC North is overrated. No you would be saying that your boys were on top of the toughest division in football.

The point is that if 9-7 wins the division(which it doesn't by the way more like 11-5) then in youre delusional minds you still have a good shot. The fact of the matter is that 11-5 is what its going to take to win the division, and you guys don't see your boys winning out.

And don't even start the WildCard talk. With lossed to Jax, SD, Cincy, and soon to be Denver, that isn't even a possibility.

Either way, your hopes and dreams will all come to an end this weekend. How does 2-6 sound. I guess 8-8 would win the division then huh?
jstriker29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:54 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: I love the optimism of Steelers fans...

I say 11-5. Go The Distance. And No I don't think that wins the division. The Following scenarios tell it all

1. Cincy and Baltimore would need to fall almost every game from here on out.

2. Cincy and Baltimore at worst will probably be 10-6 or maybe 9-7?

Even though it's duable with our schedule, I think we still have work to do. I think it can be done.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstriker29 View Post
9-7 wins the division. Whatever you have to tell yourselves to still have hope. Oh and one of my favorites, The AFC north overrated. Do you seriously expect me to believe that if the Steelers were 5-2, the Bengals were 4-3 and the Ravens were 2-5, that you guys would be saying that 9-7 wins the division, or that the AFC North is overrated. No you would be saying that your boys were on top of the toughest division in football.

The point is that if 9-7 wins the division(which it doesn't by the way more like 11-5) then in youre delusional minds you still have a good shot. The fact of the matter is that 11-5 is what its going to take to win the division, and you guys don't see your boys winning out.

And don't even start the WildCard talk. With lossed to Jax, SD, Cincy, and soon to be Denver, that isn't even a possibility.

Either way, your hopes and dreams will all come to an end this weekend. How does 2-6 sound. I guess 8-8 would win the division then huh?
Hmmmm - so you're a soothsayer now, eh? Me thinks you should be more concerned about the Bungles with their wonderous *cough* *cough* 4-3 record headed into Baltimore this weekend. Their D is going to carve up Cartoon and his band of hoodlums like a Thanksgiving turkey.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #4
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

We have optimism because we know that our team can overcome adversity. You might recall it, you had it last year in the Wild Card game but your team couldn't over come it. We know it can be done, it has been done before, not only by Steelers but by other teams. It's knowing that, that I have optimism that my team can win the remaining games and claim the division. I definitely don't think that 9-7 will win this division. If the wheels fall off, maybe 10-6, but most likely 11-5!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 02:59 PM   #5
jstriker29
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Hmmmm - so you're a soothsayer now, eh? Me thinks you should be more concerned about the Bungles with their wonderous *cough* *cough* 4-3 record headed into Baltimore this weekend. Their D is going to carve up Cartoon and his band of hoodlums like a Thanksgiving turkey.
Well I would certainly like to think so since I'm a Ravens fan.
Old 11-01-2006, 03:04 PM   #6
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstriker29 View Post
Well I would certainly like to think so since I'm a Ravens fan.
Even worse.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:05 PM   #7
blackhalos
Water Boy

Member Number: 3633

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
We have optimism because we know that our team can overcome adversity. You might recall it, you had it last year in the Wild Card game but your team couldn't over come it. We know it can be done, it has been done before, not only by Steelers but by other teams. It's knowing that, that I have optimism that my team can win the remaining games and claim the division. I definitely don't think that 9-7 will win this division. If the wheels fall off, maybe 10-6, but most likely 11-5!
Quit drinking the Kool Aide, I might as well say the the Raiders are going to end up 11-5 and we are going to the AFC championship game against the steelers and beating them to go on to the superbowl.
blackhalos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:12 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhalos View Post
Quit drinking the Kool Aide, I might as well say the the Raiders are going to end up 11-5 and we are going to the AFC championship game against the steelers and beating them to go on to the superbowl.
There is nothing wrong with optimism.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:14 PM   #9
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

The difference is that I know it can happen in Pittsburgh where as in Oakland, they wouldn't know a winning record if the NFL handed it to them. I mean seriously what has your team done since he threw away the Super Bowl against the scubs?
And if you think that a team can't rattle off 11 wins in a row, look back over recent years. The Steelers won 16 in a row (including playoffs), 9 in a row (last year and opening day this year), the Patriots put together 21 games in a row (including playoffs).
As for the Raiders doing it, they could if they had an offense to go along with their D. However, they don't and like a few other teams, I feel confident that they won't push the envelope for winning their division!
But hey whatever makes you happy, if it's Kool-Aid, keep drinking!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 03:20 PM   #10
jstriker29
Water Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786 View Post
There is nothing wrong with optimism.
You are absolutely right, we were saying the same thing last year. Im just giving you guys a hard time.