Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 07-23-2005, 02:14 PM   #21
bigbensgirl7
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 292
Default Re: Big Ben is da man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Cats
I agree, but its easy for you guys to be devoted when you are one of the most winningest franchises in the league. You guys havent had to face a 10 year playoff drought and being considered the laughing stock of the NFL. I realize you guys have had alot of disappointments yourselves though, probably even more than us, becuase we havent had high expectations for our team in a while. I thought our attendence has been pretty good ever since we got Paul Brown stadium, considering how bad we have played in recent years, alot of our most loyal fans gave up. It also hurts that we're never on nationalized television, people like myself who don't live in ohio have trouble watching the games.
Cats-yes, your attendance is much better! It is still suprising to see how many Steeler fans are at the games when we are in town! It's been like that since my Dad started attending those games in '79. You never go to Pittsburgh and see the stadium overtaken by any fans.
The main thing here...is you asked why Bengals fans can annoy me...well the main thing is even through this playoff drought, I still hear crap every single offseason.
I understand it must be hard to be a Bengal fan at times (esp. in the 90s) and I commend you for being very loyal and devoted to your team!
Old 07-23-2005, 02:24 PM   #22
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbensgirl7
Cats-yes, your attendance is much better! It is still suprising to see how many Steeler fans are at the games when we are in town! It's been like that since my Dad started attending those games in '79. You never go to Pittsburgh and see the stadium overtaken by any fans.
The main thing here...is you asked why Bengals fans can annoy me...well the main thing is even through this playoff drought, I still hear crap every single offseason.
I understand it must be hard to be a Bengal fan at times (esp. in the 90s) and I commend you for being very loyal and devoted to your team!
He is devoted and lives in California so he has to hear all the shit we do but 20xs worst....And don't kid yourself Ben there is some fair weather fans among us, it is amzazing how we go from a hand full of fans to sell out crowds. However it is easy to tell who is fairweather by doing one simple thing...Ask them about past Bengals and one ? that gets them everytime who is a hall of famer that played his whole career with the bengals.
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #23
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
He is devoted and lives in California so he has to hear all the shit we do but 20xs worst....And don't kid yourself Ben there is some fair weather fans among us, it is amzazing how we go from a hand full of fans to sell out crowds. However it is easy to tell who is fairweather by doing one simple thing...Ask them about past Bengals and one ? that gets them everytime who is a hall of famer that played his whole career with the bengals.
Anthony Munoz ???? Am i right??

Everyone has some fairweather fans. I have a friend who claimed to be a huge Bengals fan, back about 10 years ago. We used to ask him on Mondays, " Did you see Kenny Stabler throw those to tds passes" or" Archie Griffin had another big game" and he agreed everytime. Some fan he was, it was pathetic. And I`m not comparing him to you true fans.
Old 07-24-2005, 01:00 AM   #24
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
It also hurts that we're never on nationalized television, people like myself who don't live in ohio have trouble watching the games.
Speaking of Nationally Televised Games...why the heck do we not have a single sunday or monday night game? We had a sunday night and monday night game last season and won them both...way to go NFL, go jump on your Oakland Raiders (Randy Moss) bandwagon.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 08:31 AM   #25
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Anthony Munoz ???? Am i right??

Everyone has some fairweather fans. I have a friend who claimed to be a huge Bengals fan, back about 10 years ago. We used to ask him on Mondays, " Did you see Kenny Stabler throw those to tds passes" or" Archie Griffin had another big game" and he agreed everytime. Some fan he was, it was pathetic. And I`m not comparing him to you true fans.
Yea it's Munoz........and @ your friend
Old 07-25-2005, 08:32 AM   #26
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
Why did I get bad rep for this post....It must have came from a fair weather fan
Old 07-25-2005, 10:50 AM   #27
Go_Cats
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 418

I dunno, it wasnt me, probably figg, he's been negative repping every bengal fan in site
Old 07-25-2005, 12:54 PM   #28
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
I dunno, it wasnt me, probably figg, he's been negative repping every bengal fan in site
Damnit figg tell me it isn't so
Old 07-25-2005, 07:32 PM   #29
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

The Balst Furnace is the wrong place for negative reps. This is supposed to be a place of disagreement. Bengals, Pats , Raiders , whoever, you won`t get any bad rep from me in the BF. If it were`nt for you guys , then we wouldn`t have much need for the BF
Old 07-25-2005, 10:59 PM   #30
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
The Balst Furnace is the wrong place for negative reps. This is supposed to be a place of disagreement. Bengals, Pats , Raiders , whoever, you won`t get any bad rep from me in the BF. If it were`nt for you guys , then we wouldn`t have much need for the BF
Hey cleve you never told me what I left you bad rep for...I honestly don't remember it but if I ever get out of this whole and get my reps to mean something i'll give you a few good ones to make up for it. :)