Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-05-2006, 10:45 PM   #1
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Colts 27 Patriots 20

We had our chances, we made mistakes, they beat us. We have to get better if we want to go further then we did last year.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #2
Hines0wnz
Living Legend

Member Number: 3085
Default Re: Colts 27 Patriots 20

You guys dont have Peyton spooked anymore. Brady looked more like Peyton in the recent past.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #3
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
We had our chances, we made mistakes, they beat us. We have to get better if we want to go further then we did last year.
The Pats will rebound. This team has shown that it always rebounds after a loss. I would still pick the Pats over the Colts in the playoffs. The Pats have the track record in the playoff unlike the Colts.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:49 PM   #4
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

You are definitely right HW.

Reminded me of the Denver game last year in the playoffs - our D really stiffened 2nd half and didnt give Manning much but our offense committed turnover after turnover.

Manning looked like the big game QB today - kudos to him and his team.

I thought we might pull something out of the fire after Adam V missed that last FG - but it wasn't to be with Kevin Faulk causing yet another costly turnover.

You know, im pretty frustrated at the playcalling 2nd half - all those empty back field plays were great against the Vikes played into the strength of the Colts to are playmakers but can be beat up physically.

It hurts losing to the Colts, but I think we';ll make the postseason anyway.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #5
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
The Pats will rebound. This team has shown that it always rebounds after a loss. I would still pick the Pats over the Colts in the playoffs. The Pats have the track record in the playoff unlike the Colts.
Kudos to you aswell 32, classy post.

I think the Patriots are always a 'work in progress' during the regular season and the Colts are as good as they are going to be at that time.

Manning looked calm tonight - but he made some real close passes - his 2nd TD was an unbelieveably good play by Marvin Harisson and he almost threw 2/3 picks in the 2nd half - but he didnt and he deserves his win.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:59 PM   #6
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
You are definitely right HW.

Reminded me of the Denver game last year in the playoffs - our D really stiffened 2nd half and didnt give Manning much but our offense committed turnover after turnover.

Manning looked like the big game QB today - kudos to him and his team.

I thought we might pull something out of the fire after Adam V missed that last FG - but it wasn't to be with Kevin Faulk causing yet another costly turnover.

You know, im pretty frustrated at the playcalling 2nd half - all those empty back field plays were great against the Vikes played into the strength of the Colts to are playmakers but can be beat up physically.

It hurts losing to the Colts, but I think we';ll make the postseason anyway.

NM

Yeah, I think there were some coaching errors.

You really have to see the game film to know what happened. What you see on TV is not what you necessarily see in the film. For example the interception that was caused by Watson tipping the ball. I'd like to see the whole field on that play.

And yes, kudos to Manning.
Old 11-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Kudos to you aswell 32, classy post.

I think the Patriots are always a 'work in progress' during the regular season and the Colts are as good as they are going to be at that time.

Manning looked calm tonight - but he made some real close passes - his 2nd TD was an unbelieveably good play by Marvin Harisson and he almost threw 2/3 picks in the 2nd half - but he didnt and he deserves his win.

NM
Yea the Colts did play well tonight. It pains me to say that Peyton Manning did play well. But the Pats will win the AFC East. Might as well give them the AFC East right now and I think the Pats will have the number 2 seed in the AFC. In the AFC title game the Pats will go into Indy and beat the Colts. I wouldn't bet on Brady having 4 INT's again if indeed there is rematch between these two teams.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 11:04 PM   #8
hardwork
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
As LITP said, thanks. I hope you're right. This team needs some more confidence.
Old 11-06-2006, 06:21 AM   #9
Cape Cod Steel Head
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 545

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardwork View Post
Yeah, I think there were some coaching errors.

You really have to see the game film to know what happened. What you see on TV is not what you necessarily see in the film. For example the interception that was caused by Watson tipping the ball. I'd like to see the whole field on that play.

And yes, kudos to Manning.
Coaching errors by the Great BB.? Surely it must have been one of his assistant coaches that made the errors. You've played two good teams and lost to them both. Yes you'll make the playoffs. How could you not with that cream puff schedule, but you won't be going far.
Cape Cod Steel Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2006, 07:13 AM   #10
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,422 Times in 3,310 Posts

Colts now win home field tiebreakers over Denver and the Pats, so Indy probably has home field advantage in the playoffs.

The Steelers beat them last January and they still are soft against the run, but that is a team built for the dome in which they probably will be playing in January. Pats and Chargers can give them a game; Denver will lose by at least 10 points in Indy.

With Chicago having issues these days the Colts look like the class of the league at the halfway point.

As for the NFC, who knows? If the Giants beat the Bears next Sunday night they may be the team to beat in the NFC (and might even get home field) and I can begin to dread the media hype surrounding an Eli-Peyton Super Bowl match up fueled by the New York media.
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote