Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,246 Times in 2,690 Posts
Default Bengals = PAPER TIGERS

so the steelers are having a bad season. it happens every once in a while but us steelerfans can always take solice in the fact that they will be back to their winning ways.

just like the fact that the bungles will be back to their losing ways. 11-5 was a fluke for them just like this season is a fluke for the steelers. carson was a 1 trick pony who will never eclipse what he did last year. even though ben is throwing interceptions, he is evolving as a passer and is showing he still has tons of upside and plenty of room to improve.

so while we rebound and make it back to the playoffs next season, enjoy waiting for steve mcnair to retire so you can think you have a shot.

the bengals will always be the bungles and anyone who thought they would represent the afc in the superbowl is completely retarded.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #2
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519
Default Re: Bengals = PAPER TIGERS

Speak the truth Tony!! Speak the truth!!

It's great to see this "team" (The Bitches) self-destruct when faced with adversity. The finger-pointing & back-biting has begun in Shitsinnati. Couldn't happen to a better "team".

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 01:49 PM   #3
CantStop85
Living Legend

Member Number: 486

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
carson was a 1 trick pony who will never eclipse what he did last year. even though ben is throwing interceptions, he is evolving as a passer and is showing he still has tons of upside and plenty of room to improve.
Give me a break, Ben has shown absolutely nothing this season, except for the ability to throw picks under pressure. Carson, even in a sub-par season, still has the 9th best passer rating in the NFL...Ben has the 28th best while leading the league in interceptions.
CantStop85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:49 PM   #4
tony hipchest

yeah, just keep focusing on that, cantstart85, and maybe that will hide you from the truths the rest of my post contained.

points you didnt bother arguing. (i dont blame you, i wouldnt wanna look like a retard either)
Old 11-07-2006, 11:25 PM   #5
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Waitaminit CS85, Ben has shown flashes of his normal brilliance this year when he was healthy, the games against KC & ATL (before he got knocked out) have shown EXACTLY what Big Ben (Iron Man) is fully capable of. Everything before and after has been an aberration.

Ben has overcome more tragedy in the past 6 months, than most people endure in a lifetime.

You can take your overrated, overhyped Heisman from the Pac-10...we'll take our YOUNGEST QB EVER TO WIN A SUPER BOWL, every day of the week.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Old 11-08-2006, 12:00 AM   #6
CJ#85
Banned

Member Number: 2943

Hahahah, the 2-6 Steelers are saying something. Oh, their comparing Carson to Ben? Uh, let's see here, Carson's blocking offensive line sucks, and he still is playing much better than Ben. Ben may have shown a flash here and there, but that flash is dimmed faster than you can blink, as he throws his usual multitude of interceptions.

I do not believe last year was a fluke. I'm not making excuses, but it comes to the point that you have so many starters and key depth players injured, that it makes it hard to do what we did last year. Obviously there are things we need to work on, but this season is in no saying we will revert to being the crummy Bengals of the 90s. We're 4-4. We've hit some road blocks due to injuries, some poor performances by this team, and some bad coaching decisions. Even not playing on last year's level, we still lost 3 of the 4 games by no more than 6 points. We were in all but the Pastiebutts game until the end.

Yes, you guys have been known to pop back up, but you have to remember for years and years you guys performed horribly until you hit the 70s. The Bengals, I believe are starting to take off. We have to fix some things, but I don't think we'll regress back to where we were. We're trying to build our team so that doesn't happen. As you can see, though, you guys have drafted and built your team well, but even then you have off years. I'm not worried about the Bengals. I think we'll be fine.
CJ#85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:41 AM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by CantStop85 View Post
Give me a break, Ben has shown absolutely nothing this season, except for the ability to throw picks under pressure. Carson, even in a sub-par season, still has the 9th best passer rating in the NFL...Ben has the 28th best while leading the league in interceptions.
And having a higher passer rating with nothing but zip, zilch, nada to show for it is important because?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:43 AM   #8
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ#85 View Post

I do not believe last year was a fluke. I'm not making excuses, but it comes to the point that you have so many starters and key depth players injured, that it makes it hard to do what we did last year. .
see... that there is just the thing. YOU DIDNT DO JACK SHIT LAST YEAR! holy cow! go 11-5 and you think you cured cancer. plenty of teams go 11-5, its really no big deal. try going 15-1 with as many injuries you have, then follow that up with a sb season. until then youre just making excuses.

11-5 is just as much a fluke for the bengals as 5-11 is for the steelers.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:54 AM   #9
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tankus_Maximus View Post
Waitaminit CS85, Ben has shown flashes of his normal brilliance this year when he was healthy, the games against KC & ATL (before he got knocked out) have shown EXACTLY what Big Ben (Iron Man) is fully capable of. Everything before and after has been an aberration.

Ben has overcome more tragedy in the past 6 months, than most people endure in a lifetime.

You can take your overrated, overhyped Heisman from the Pac-10...we'll take our YOUNGEST QB EVER TO WIN A SUPER BOWL, every day of the week.
Kudos on a great post, Tank. Couldn't agree more.

When Cartoon has a Super Bowl ring, Bungles fans - then come back and we'll compare QB's and their value to their respective teams.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:04 AM   #10
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

And like Ben hasn't had O-Line problems? Between Kendall Simmons' "frostbite" and Max Starks gettin abused like a revolving door...Ben's been on his back more than Paris Hilton!!

Just face it Bungles...you're the Bungles, that's all you'll ever be.