Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-08-2006, 08:40 PM   #21
CJ#85
Banned

Member Number: 2943
Default Re: Bengals = PAPER TIGERS

Really? Well, our "underachieving thugs" are still doing better than Baby Jen, Whines Ward, Wittle Willy, and Threaten Refs Porter. So, no matter what the record, uh, drinking too much of the Steel City water AGAIN? I believe that the record determines how good a team is in a particular year. Thus, this year, we are better. I think we were better last year too, but we'll never know because team mvp Carson's knee was ripped to shreds. Odds say, that we will do better than you this year. If we don't, I'll be woman enough to come back here and eat crow, I hope you're man enough to eat crow if the opposite happens. All statistics and records show 4-4 teams have gone on to make the playoffs and even the Superbowl, a lot more than 2-6 teams.
CJ#85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 08:51 PM   #22
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ#85 View Post
You were jerks last year sitting behend me thinking it was funny when Palmer went got hurt, and you never changed.
And the drunk Bungals fans behind us that shoved a woman down six rows of seats injuring several people were real class acts. They spent the night in HC jail.

Quote:
...and we would have gone further last year if Kimo hadn't taken out our team's mvp.
Ding! Ding! Ding! Wow I havent heard that line in about 15 minutes. Nobody wanted that to happen, for this very reason. We wanted to beat you at your best and Kitna almost kept it going...until the big meltdown. Get over it.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #23
CJ#85
Banned

All those people were jerks Mean Joe, and I think they deserved to spend the night in jail for shoving that woman. I never saw it, but that's terrible.

I have gotten over it, I'm just saying I felt we may have won with Palmer. It's a new season, and I'm focused on our record here and now. We're 4-4, and you guys are 2-6. I'm just saying these are our records this year, it doesn't matter how bad or good either team was in years past, what matter is this years records. Those will determine how good we are this year and if we will make the playoffs.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:00 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 9,803 Times in 4,078 Posts

Quote:
All statistics and records show 4-4 teams have gone on to make the playoffs and even the Superbowl, a lot more than 2-6 teams.
dude have you seen your schedule? have you paid any attention to your teams immaturity and how they are slowly but surely imploding. carson is gunshy and his wr's are thugs who cant make the field or whiny bitches because t.o. does cooler endzone celebrations than them.

oh, you have a weak assed defense and some injuries you have to deal with too. not to mention that willie > rudi.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #25
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by meanjoecoop View Post
And the drunk Bungals fans behind us that shoved a woman down six rows of seats injuring several people were real class acts. They spent the night in HC jail.

Ding! Ding! Ding! Wow I havent heard that line in about 15 minutes. Nobody wanted that to happen, for this very reason. We wanted to beat you at your best and Kitna almost kept it going...until the big meltdown. Get over it.
hmmmmmm..........if I remember correctly, the bungs were up on us by 10 points not once but TWICE that day. The fact that their defense in the second half had more holes than swiss cheese had nothing to do with Kitten Palmer's bum knee. I actually felt bad for breaking their quarterback until he started crying and whining about hating the Stellers like some preschooler.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:03 PM   #26
CJ#85
Banned

Dude, your schedule is basically the same as ours. Your team has been immature and not together this year. Widdle Willie called them out on that. Besides, Willie is in no way better than Rudi, if he was than the Steelers wouldn't be looking for a bruiser type running back similar to the Bus.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:05 PM   #27
CJ#85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
hmmmmmm..........if I remember correctly, the bungs were up on us by 10 points not once but TWICE that day. The fact that their defense in the second half had more holes than swiss cheese had nothing to do with Kitten Palmer's bum knee. I actually felt bad for breaking their quarterback until he started crying and whining about hating the Stellers like some preschooler.

I'd take what Palmer said as a compliment. He never criticized Kimo blatantly like Baby Jen did Odell. Palmer said he hates the Steelers, but after that he said it's because he's jealous and wants to win the Superbowl like you did last year, that's more of a compliment than anything.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:22 PM   #28
tony hipchest

Quote:
Besides, Willie is in no way better than Rudi, if he was than the Steelers wouldn't be looking for a bruiser type running back similar to the Bus.
chad and dousch are no way better than hines and santonio. if they were the bengals wouldnt be trying to force a suspended druggie thug in as their 3rd wr.

you dont know much about offensive schemes do you?

check your schedule. bengals have maybe 3 wins left in them. believe me, 7-9 would be much sweeter if you actually won a playoff game in the past 15 years. have the bengals ever won 8 games in a row? the steelers have... infact they done it the past 2 years...with the same coaching...and personnel... they have something the bengals dont. the know how.

advantage: steelers
Old 11-08-2006, 09:27 PM   #29
CJ#85
Banned

I would take CJ and TJ any day over Whines and What Up Holmes? How has Holmes done at returning punts anyway? Sure, we use Henry, but despite the fact he is an idiot, he is an excellent reciever. He has the potential to be like Randy Moss, if he stays out of trouble.

Uh, when the Steeler lose this week, Tony, and their playoff hopes are gone, I want you to be man enough to admit you were wrong. I'll be woman enough to admit if the Steelers make the playoffs and Bengals don't. That's all I'm asking.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:48 PM   #30
tony hipchest

Quote:

Uh, when the Steeler lose this week, Tony, and their playoff hopes are gone, I want you to be man enough to admit you were wrong. I'll be woman enough to admit if the Steelers make the playoffs and Bengals don't. That's all I'm asking.
where have you been? i have pretty much stated that the steeler bengal game in week 3 was a must win for the steelers and especially the steelers chargers (and EVERY game since then) the steelers have not won the must win games and wont make the playoffs because of it. but that doesnt mean they are paper tigers. it is the bengals who were heralded as the best the afc has to offer. it is carson, chad, and rudi who are called the triplets.

it is they who are the subject of this thread. thats ok though, i dont need you to validate when they dont make the playoffs. i knew last year was a flluke all along. the steelers on the other hand will be back. it is tradition and a steelerfans birthright.