Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...
Bills
GAMEDAY
September 11, 2014, 8:25pm ET
CBS

Old 11-07-2006, 04:01 PM   #1
meanjoecoop
Starter
Supporter

Member Number: 2221
Default Bungals Cry: No Fair!

For Bengals, the NFL is the Not Fair League
Letters to the editor

I thought for sure I would see a flag when T.J. Houshmanzadeh was mugged by a Baltimore defender on fourth down and the game hanging in the balance. I was wrong; there was no flag, no win, second place in the division.

Without this and the other major officiating snafu (Justin Smith's "roughing the passer" penalty in Tampa), the Bengals would be sitting pretty atop the division at 6-2.

Instead of worrying about what it says on Chad Johnson's jersey, the NFL needs to look at some of its officials and consider putting a few out to pasture in exchange for guys who can still see. I (like most other Cincinnatians) had high hopes for the Bengals this season, and although they aren't out of it yet, there is still half a season left for officials to rob them of.

Andrew Mayhew, Pleasant Ridge

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...0318/1090/EDIT
Old 11-07-2006, 05:19 PM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Bungals Cry: No Fair!

BOO FREAKITY HOO. The assbag who wrote that must have cried himself to death last season in Seattle and was resurrected in Shitsinnati.

I guess Cartoon's 2 picks and his measly 195 yards along with Big Yap's great 32 yard performance yesterday should be blamed on the striped men too, eh?

I have to admit, though, that that non-call on the Raven who clearly interfered with IBoinkMyMama was a bad call - that was clearly defensive pass interference, but who's to say the Bungles would have scored on that drive anyway? Woulda, coulda, shoulda - bullshit.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 05:50 PM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
BOO FREAKITY HOO. The assbag who wrote that must have cried himself to death last season in Seattle and was resurrected in Shitsinnati.

I guess Cartoon's 2 picks and his measly 195 yards along with Big Yap's great 32 yard performance yesterday should be blamed on the striped men too, eh?

I have to admit, though, that that non-call on the Raven who clearly interfered with IBoinkMyMama was a bad call - that was clearly defensive pass interference, but who's to say the Bungles would have scored on that drive anyway? Woulda, coulda, shoulda - bullshit.
IBoinkMyMama.......
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 06:50 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by stillers4me View Post
IBoinkMyMama.......
He probably boinked his daddy, too - y'know how those Ishkabibbles are - man, woman, camel, drain pipe, car muffler, hole in the wall, etc. I've hated that sonofabitch since he wiped his shoes with the TT - I hope on New Years Eve, the Steelers D shoves their TTs up his ass.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:08 PM   #5
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

Quote:
He probably boinked his daddy, too - y'know how those Ishkabibbles are - man, woman, camel, drain pipe, car muffler, hole in the wall, etc. I've hated that sonofabitch since he wiped his shoes with the TT - I hope on New Years Eve, the Steelers D shoves their TTs up his ass.
I like you more and more everyday, HTG!!!!
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #6
boLT fan
Team Captain

Member Number: 901

They sound a lot like most Raider fans.
boLT fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 08:08 PM   #7
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:

Rare form there, HTG!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 09:14 PM   #8
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 7,913 Times in 3,394 Posts

and if they wouldnt draft thugs, and could keep mini t.o. under control they would be 8-0.

and if the league just consisted of them and the cardinals they might actually win a superbowl (after about 5 tries). but i doubt it.

whining little excuse making bitches.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 11:19 PM   #9
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 4,927 Times in 1,836 Posts

Dont forget about the 5 downs the bungels got instead of 4 that the refs missed. 4 tries for a single first down and punt on 5, doesnt seem fair to me.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
CJ#85
Banned

Member Number: 2943

Uh, laugh it up. You know yourselves you'd be whining about the calls too. Should the team have played better in the Tampa game where it didn't come down to that call? Yes I blame the no pass interference call as the nail in the Bengals coffin on Sunday. You guys were frustrated about that Palumalu call in Indy. If you had lost, you know you would have been questioning the NFL screwed you from getting a Superbowl. Most everyone from other teams thinks your Superbowl was poorly officiated and that the Seahawks got robbed.

I'm saying yes, a team should play better to overcome close calls, but it is the NFL. Good teams play each other in close battles all the time, and to have a close game ruined by a call, that just doesn't seem fair. Flip it around, if one of your players had made that sack on Gradkowski, and your player was said to be roughing the passer, the Bucs get the ball with excellent field position, scoring and running out the clock. You know you'd be angry. Maybe your team shouldn't have gotten to that point, but it did. They had a shot to win, and it was taken on a bad call. It's frustrating, but you just have to move on and hope you can play well enough to overcome bad calls the following week.
CJ#85 is offline   Reply With Quote