Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 11-08-2006, 01:29 PM   #1
Broncos724
Water Boy

Member Number: 3623
Default Good game / Steelers still have a bright future

This may be a bit late in the week, but I just wanted to drop by and say good game. If we had come out in the second half and got no pressure on Ben just like in the first half, then you guys would've run away with it. You may be 2-6 but if you can run the table that puts you at 10-6 and in the playoffs, all I know is that I learned last year you can't count out the Steelers until they're mathematically eliminated.

You're going through what we as Denver fans went through in 1999: a horrible record the year after a Super Bowl win. We, like you, knew our team was better than the record indicated, and we did end up going 4-4 over the second half of the season to end at 6-10. However the most important thing is we rebounded the following year to go 11-5, and haven't been under .500 since! I fully expect the same to happen for the Steelers, and just remember, you do have a bright future!

And plus, you guys still have the hardware!
Broncos724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:33 PM   #2
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Re: Good game / Steelers still have a bright future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos724 View Post
This may be a bit late in the week, but I just wanted to drop by and say good game. If we had come out in the second half and got no pressure on Ben just like in the first half, then you guys would've run away with it. You may be 2-6 but if you can run the table that puts you at 10-6 and in the playoffs, all I know is that I learned last year you can't count out the Steelers until they're mathematically eliminated.

You're going through what we as Denver fans went through in 1999: a horrible record the year after a Super Bowl win. We, like you, knew our team was better than the record indicated, and we did end up going 4-4 over the second half of the season to end at 6-10. However the most important thing is we rebounded the following year to go 11-5, and haven't been under .500 since! I fully expect the same to happen for the Steelers, and just remember, you do have a bright future!

great classy post. Welcome to the forum. Look forward to future posts from you. I wish Saints fans would have the same class as you
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:40 PM   #3
greenparrot
Water Boy

Member Number: 3743

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
great classy post. Welcome to the forum. Look forward to future posts from you. I wish Saints fans would have the same class as you
greenparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Thanks for the sentiments and classy post, babe. The Steelers gave the Broncs an early Christmas present - LOL! I've always liked and respected the Broncos' organization- I was a huge Elway fan! Good luck to you and the Broncos - hope to see you in the playoffs (finger crossed), but if we don't make it this season, I'm sure we'll meet again in the post-season next year!

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:23 PM   #5
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:

Hey...

Just to be honest... While I am first and foremost a Steeler fan, I grew up in washington state, so I was also a Seahawk fan for years. I ALWAYS hated the Broncos and especially Elway! LOL.

However, thanks for the good post. Thanks also for reminding us that other teams' fans know what this -------> feels like!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:54 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I second that.

Good luck with the rest of your season Broncos724.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:02 PM   #7
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:

1,000,000%+ Classy Post. I smell us getting back to the playoffs in 2007 if the math doesn't fall into our hands like a year ago. We still have 5 Pieces of Hardwares called Vince Lombardi Trophies and 6 Lamar Hunt Trophies. I haven't lost faith on this team can winning another one.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:40 PM   #8
Stlrs4Life
Tailgate Coordinator
Supporter

Member Number: 419

Quote:

Thanks, good luck to your Broncos. From cincinnati? How come the only cool football fans out of that city cheer for other teams than the Bengals?

It's not just Steeler Football, it's a way of Life! "I'm a Champion"
Stlrs4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:46 PM   #9
herewegosteelers
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 3250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preacher View Post
Hey...

Just to be honest... While I am first and foremost a Steeler fan, I grew up in washington state, so I was also a Seahawk fan for years. I ALWAYS hated the Broncos and especially Elway! LOL.

However, thanks for the good post. Thanks also for reminding us that other teams' fans know what this -------> feels like!
I third that.. Thanks for the classy post. Good Luck to ya
Old 11-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #10
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

This does not surprise me at all. The Broncos are a class organization and it filters down to their fans. 2 or 3 Broncos came up to the great white north a couple years ago to do a meet/greet with local PeeWee age football players. What a class bunch of guys. Totally impreseed. Ive mentioned the Plummer post-AFC championship game interview last year where he took all the blame on himself and refused to point fingers at "protection issues" as a classic example of classy under duress.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote