Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 11-08-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
efil4stnias
Water Boy

Member Number: 3785
Default What would you do?

I am seeing alot of posts regarding Cowher's replacement, this team sux etc etc. Then alot stating the Saints are not that good, they are the "aints" etc etc. And while I can understand the frustration of being 2-6 ( we saints fans DO understand, heck dropping 4 in a row in Dec is even worse! ) I was curious since most here do not give the Saints a chance ( with no turnovers that is ) what would ya'll ( not yoose guys or yuns ) do If the steelers lost to the Saints?

ps I know the yuns/yoose guys vernacular since I have family in Stockdale, PA ( about 1 hr south of Pitt on the Monongahela )
efil4stnias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 02:57 PM   #2
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313
Default Re: What would you do?

Quote:
Originally Posted by efil4stnias View Post
I am seeing alot of posts regarding Cowher's replacement, this team sux etc etc. Then alot stating the Saints are not that good, they are the "aints" etc etc. And while I can understand the frustration of being 2-6 ( we saints fans DO understand, heck dropping 4 in a row in Dec is even worse! ) I was curious since most here do not give the Saints a chance ( with no turnovers that is ) what would ya'll ( not yoose guys or yuns ) do If the steelers lost to the Saints?

ps I know the yuns/yoose guys vernacular since I have family in Stockdale, PA ( about 1 hr south of Pitt on the Monongahela )
why would you post shit like this? If we lose to the saints we will do what we have done the other six times we have lost this year.. Bitch about it
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:06 PM   #3
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
why would you post shit like this? If we lose to the saints we will do what we have done the other six times we have lost this year.. Bitch about it
Yeah, that's about right, except I can see why he would want to know what we would do though.

~Polamalufan43
Old 11-08-2006, 03:07 PM   #4
Big D
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2313

Quote:
Originally Posted by polamalufan43 View Post
Yeah, that's about right, except I can see why he would want to know what we would do though.

~Polamalufan43
I can tell you what he will do when we win sunday. never come in here again.
Big D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:11 PM   #5
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D View Post
I can tell you what he will do when we win sunday. never come in here again.

ha ha! I like.

~Polamalufan43
Old 11-08-2006, 03:16 PM   #6
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:

First off it's "yinz" and thanks for the family geography.

Second, what would I do if we lost Sunday? I would wake up Monday morning and go about my day. Much the same as I did last season when we were winning games and eventually, our fifth Super Bowl. I'd be more worried if we started to suck year after year like many other teams in the league.

It's a bad season, what can we do? Deal with it, suck it up and look forward to next season. I'm not exactly sure what type of answer you were expecting from the majority of the fans on this board.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 11-08-2006 at 03:23 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:39 PM   #7
efil4stnias
Water Boy

Member Number: 3785

I guess I was looking to see if the loss to the Saints would create "more" of a sense of dismay than say a loss to the Giants. The reason I say this of course is because for years the Saints have been toward the bottom of the league. Now it seems we have a really good HC, an experienced and intelligent QB and several weapons on offense, yet still can't garner the respect of the opposition. I am not trying to "stir it up " but do find it a bit similar to our frustrations years past. I guess it is different for a Saints fan, at this point in the season, to not be calculating 15 different scenarios for next year.
Anyway, good luck ( regarding injuries ) on sunday afternoon and the best team will win.
efil4stnias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:44 PM   #8
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
I guess I was looking to see if the loss to the Saints would create "more" of a sense of dismay than say a loss to the Giants. The reason I say this of course is because for years the Saints have been toward the bottom of the league. Now it seems we have a really good HC, an experienced and intelligent QB and several weapons on offense, yet still can't garner the respect of the opposition. I am not trying to "stir it up " but do find it a bit similar to our frustrations years past. I guess it is different for a Saints fan, at this point in the season, to not be calculating 15 different scenarios for next year.
Anyway, good luck ( regarding injuries ) on sunday afternoon and the best team will win.
Wow, join the club with the "no respect" rant. We got it every time we were in the playoffs nevermind while having a good season midway through. Do you know what changed that? We actually won a Super Bowl (not counting the four others).

You "earn" respect. Also, if your looking for fans to knob job the Saints, try a Saints board. Isn't that a crazy idea?

As for you not trying to "stir it up". No comment, it's not worth it.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 11-08-2006 at 03:55 PM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:55 PM   #9
greenparrot
Water Boy

Member Number: 3743

Quote:
Originally Posted by 83-Steelers-43 View Post
Wow, join the club with the "no respect" rant. We got it every time we were in the playoffs. Do you know what changed that? We actually won a Super Bowl (not counting the four others).

You "earn" respect. Also, if your looking for fans to knob job the Saints, try a Saints board. Isn't that a crazy idea?

As for you not trying to "stir it up". No comment, it's not worth it.
testy...are we?
greenparrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 03:56 PM   #10
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenparrot View Post
testy...are we?
Not at all. Thanks for asking though.