Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-09-2006, 09:13 AM   #1
Jonesy77
Water Boy

Member Number: 3791
Default You guys should be worried

Not because the Saints are a better team, but because all the "experts" are picking the Steelers to win. The support of those morons is usually a guaranteed loss. Sorry, we've been there before, and it sucks. Thankfully, they all consider the Saints an aberration, so they don't curse us with their respect.

Good luck on Sunday, guys.
Jonesy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:17 AM   #2
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579
Default Re: You guys should be worried

If we can't hold on to the ball, we won't win.
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonesy77 View Post
Not because the Saints are a better team, but because all the "experts" are picking the Steelers to win. The support of those morons is usually a guaranteed loss. Sorry, we've been there before, and it sucks. Thankfully, they all consider the Saints an aberration, so they don't curse us with their respect.

Good luck on Sunday, guys.
Thanks for your attitude coming on our board. It's very appreciated. Best of luck to you and may the Steelers kick your butts!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 09:58 AM   #4
shrike3000
Water Boy

Member Number: 3837

Another Saints fan here... have to say I am worried about this game. I sure hope your turnover problems continue because without them you guys are scary!

Good luck on a injury free game, signs of life for your team, but ultimately a loss :)
shrike3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:05 AM   #5
ExtonSteelFan
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1867

If the Steelers protect the football and feel motivated to finish the season respectively, the Saints will have a major problem.
ExtonSteelFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:12 AM   #6
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike3000 View Post
Another Saints fan here... have to say I am worried about this game. I sure hope your turnover problems continue because without them you guys are scary!

Good luck on a injury free game, signs of life for your team, but ultimately a loss :)
Welcome to you too. Good luck! I'm hoping that this will be our turn around game!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #7
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrike3000 View Post

Thanks shrike..wanted to welcom you and your fellow saints fans to the board...and you are right...we have the talent...but we have some serious problems in turning the ball over. No team scares me if we can control the turnovers
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #8
DOMEDOG316
Water Boy

Member Number: 3840

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
Thanks shrike..wanted to welcom you and your fellow saints fans to the board...and you are right...we have the talent...but we have some serious problems in turning the ball over. No team scares me if we can control the turnovers
The thing this year with the Steelers has been a turnover problem, sure. I see more issues with your Defense though. That defense has been VERY weak against the pass....which is the Saints strength. Our D has been great, especially against the run....the pass can hurt us, however.

Should be a good game. I just hope the Steelers come into this game looking for an easy win, because if they do.....The Saints will roll. We got caught off gaurd by Baltimore.....with Payton as our coach that won't happen again.

Heres to an injury free game for both teams! I'll drop in after the game to either eat my crow or to hear the excuses. As a Saints fan, we are used to the so called "top tier" teams making excuses all day long as to why we win the game. The Saints never get proper respect.....I just hope everybody realizes this isn't the "same ole' Saints"!
DOMEDOG316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:05 AM   #9
Jeremy
Banned

Member Number: 2579

Does someone else want to take that one?
Jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2006, 11:45 AM   #10
shrike3000
Water Boy

Member Number: 3837

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOMEDOG316 View Post
The thing this year with the Steelers has been a turnover problem, sure. I see more issues with your Defense though. That defense has been VERY weak against the pass....which is the Saints strength. Our D has been great, especially against the run....the pass can hurt us, however.

Should be a good game. I just hope the Steelers come into this game looking for an easy win, because if they do.....The Saints will roll. We got caught off gaurd by Baltimore.....with Payton as our coach that won't happen again.

Heres to an injury free game for both teams! I'll drop in after the game to either eat my crow or to hear the excuses. As a Saints fan, we are used to the so called "top tier" teams making excuses all day long as to why we win the game. The Saints never get proper respect.....I just hope everybody realizes this isn't the "same ole' Saints"!
With the Steelers 2-6 there is no way they consider ANY game an easy win and come in unprepared to play. Especially a 6-2 team.

Both of our D's are weak against the pass so I see us having a high scoring affair. Should be fun to watch at the very least.
shrike3000 is offline   Reply With Quote