Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Bucs

Old 11-10-2006, 01:10 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,864 Times in 3,720 Posts
Default N'awlins bush is about to get shaved!

steelers dont like to comb through buckwheat when they eat their fresh meat, and the saints are definitely fresh.

they are new to winning. this can be attributed to d brees, the 1st qb they have had since a. manning.

us steelerfans have heard how i. taylor has been demoted. i think this is a ploy. i think the steelers defensive philosophy has changed for this game and we may see alot of 3 cb's on the field at the same time. i see alot of man to man in the backfield and sending the house at brees. screw focusing on the run game. anytime bush is on the field is the time to blitz.

if we get beat we might as well get beat blitzing. if were blitzing left and right i dont see how we can get beat. the saints havent had tape to study what theyre about to see on sunday. why else would porter guarantee a win?
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:49 PM   #2
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082
Default Re: N'awlins bush is about to get shaved!

I agree, we need to get back to what we do best. Blitz the hell out of NO. Bush will not and can not pick up the blitz from Peazy, or Troy for that matter.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:51 PM   #3
CJ#85
Banned

Member Number: 2943

I'd laugh, but this week I think both our teams are going to get beat.

4-5 and 2-7

Honestly, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers won this week, as long as Jen plays well. I'm worried we're going to get ripped apart by San Diego. I cringe thinking about Carson getting whacked every play.
CJ#85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ#85 View Post
I cringe thinking about Carson getting whacked every play.
I think carson does too.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 02:07 PM   #5
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ#85 View Post
I'd laugh, but this week I think both our teams are going to get beat.

4-5 and 2-7

Honestly, I actually wouldn't be surprised if the Steelers won this week, as long as Jen plays well. I'm worried we're going to get ripped apart by San Diego. I cringe thinking about Carson getting whacked every play.
Jen stubbed her toe last night, but she will be fine come game time.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:43 PM   #6
kfaulk99
Banned

Member Number: 3759

I'd be careful with blitzing all day. Teams not blitzing and respecting bush is exactly why he hasn't posted big numbers, yet others on the offense have. The eagles came into our game, just off the cowboy game where the blitzed heavily, only to blitz us ONCE in the first half. Same thing most teams have done against us. If you do decide to blitz often, then you will be the team that finally lets bush do is thing, and you dont want to be that team, do you?

bush in space, because you're blitzing, will be bad for you.

I think you should take the same approach towards bush as other teams have if you want success against him. Of course, that opens up that whole other can of worms. Its pick your poison really.

All that being said, i dont feel the saints win this game without the steelers continuing to turn the ball over. I just think this is the wrong week to be playing pittsburgh.

WHO DAT!
kfaulk99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #7
augustashark
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfaulk99 View Post
I'd be careful with blitzing all day. Teams not blitzing and respecting bush is exactly why he hasn't posted big numbers, yet others on the offense have. The eagles came into our game, just off the cowboy game where the blitzed heavily, only to blitz us ONCE in the first half. Same thing most teams have done against us. If you do decide to blitz often, then you will be the team that finally lets bush do is thing, and you dont want to be that team, do you?

I think you should take the same approach towards bush as other teams have if you want success against him. Of course, that opens up that whole other can of worms. Its pick your poison really. All that being said, i dont feel the saints win this game without the steelers continuing to turn the ball over. I just think this is the wrong week to be playing pittsburgh.

WHO DAT!
BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAAHHAAAAAAAAA!

Good one!

I think we'll take are chances.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

Quote:

I think you should take the same approach towards bush as other teams have if you want success against him. Of course, that opens up that whole other can of worms. Its pick your poison really.

All that being said, i dont feel the saints win this game without the steelers continuing to turn the ball over. I just think this is the wrong week to be playing pittsburgh.

WHO DAT!
Blitizing all day is something we haven't done pretty much ALL season. We need to blitz somewhat but not to the point where it becomes no use.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2006, 09:55 PM   #9
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 8,864 Times in 3,720 Posts

Quote:

WHO DAT!
a very smart and objective statement. if the steelers dont turn the ball over they would be 8-0 right now. no team has completely outplayed the steelers. we have had up to 6 turnovers yet only lose by 11 points. we gave the ball to the falcons 4 times yet the game goes into overtime. 23 turnovers came in 6 of their loses. simple math says thats an average of 4 turnovers a loss yet no team cam blow the steelers out.

now on to reggie. the steelers arent playing just reggie and wont be overly concerned with him. the steelers have allowed e james and r. johnson to gain 100 yds rushing in the last 3 seasons. thats it. they have shut down the likes of L.T., L.J., and s. alexander. if reggie is gonna be catching passes it just means 1 less person in to block for brees.

why should the steelers play on their heels and be afraid of a little bush? thats just not steelers ball. unfortunately for your team, the steelers are playing for pride. as a fan, i dont wanna see any money wasted on a top 10 draft pick. as a fan i remember the steelers ripping off an 8 game and a 15 game winning streak in the past 2 seasons.

can the steelers lose? yeah, (as this season has shown) but if they are gonna lose they might as well do it their way.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote