Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 11-11-2006, 01:18 PM   #1
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Steelers notebook Nov 11 2006

By The Tribune-Review
Saturday, November 11, 2006

Joey Porter said earlier in the week that the Steelers would beat the visiting New Orleans Saints, and he didn't back off the guarantee Friday. If anyone has a problem with what the outspoken outside linebacker said, well too bad, Porter more or less said after practice at the Steelers' South Side facility. "If it came out the wrong way, then so be it," Porter said. "I still feel like that now, that we're going to go out there and win the game." Inside linebacker James Farrior offered his support for Porter. "We're going to have to go out there and back his words up," Farrior said. When asked if he would join Porter and guarantee a victory for a team badly in need of one, Farrior said, "I don't predict wins." Porter had no problem doing it, and his proclamation generated national attention and some criticism of the three-time Pro Bowler. "I just said how I feel in my mind," Porter said. "I know, when I do something like that, the spotlight's going to be on me, so I have to go out there and perform. So, I know it's going to make me perform at a higher level, and (my teammates) are going to rise to the occasion and try and back my words up."
? Farrior (groin) practiced yesterday and was upgraded from questionable to probable for Sunday's 4:15 p.m. game at Heinz Field. Larry Foote (ribs), the Steelers' other starting inside linebacker, is probable. Both Farrior and Foote said they would play against the Saints. Center Jeff Hartings (knee) and linebacker Clint Kriewaldt (back) were downgraded from doubtful and will miss the game.

? Saints cornerback Fred Thomas (hamstring) and tight end Nate Lawrie (back) missed practice yesterday and were downgraded from questionable to doubtful. Wide receiver Joe Horn (groin) also didn't practice, and the four-time Pro Bowler is listed as questionable along with offensive tackle Jammal Brown (ankle) and safety Steve Gleason (knee).

? It has been a costly week for Steelers linebackers. NFL spokesman Steve Alic said Farrior was fined $5,000 for kicking Broncos center Tom Nalen during last Sunday's game at Heinz Field. Farrior called the act that got him a 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct "wrong" and "stupid." Earlier this week, Porter was fined $15,000 for remarks he made to an official during an Oct. 29 game in Oakland. Porter, who said the NFL targets him, plans to appeal the fine.

Digits

5.87 - Yards the Steelers are averaging on first-down plays, second in the AFC.

1,142 - Consecutive punts Chris Gardocki has made without having one blocked, the longest current streak in the NFL.

63,429 - Average attendance at Steelers home games in 2005.

64,809 - Average attendance at Steelers homes games this season
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2006, 03:30 PM   #2
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390
Talking Re: Steelers notebook Nov 11 2006

I love it when Porter gets tore up...
He is alot of fun and it will be interesting to see what happens tomorow afternoon...
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote