Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-13-2006, 12:17 PM   #1
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default ESPN obsessed with Reggie Bush

Yesterday I had a family emergency (false alarm) and ended up only catching most of the game while I was driving on the radio - of course it's a great game with a lot of exciting plays - I finally get home later in the evening and I want to see the highlights .. ESPN sportscenter brings up highlights from the game 2 different times and what do they show? - A split screen of Reggie Bush running for a TD in college and vs the Steelers and how cool it was that they looked so much a like - HOW FREAKIN CUTE!! - forget it that Willie had a game for the ages (they only showed his 1 touchdown run from inside the 10) - what is up with that???? - no highlights of Willie's runs - just all Bush all the time - they were so pumped - they finally had something to show besides a five yard swing pass...

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006

Last edited by sumo; 11-13-2006 at 12:46 PM.
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:26 PM   #2
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784
Default Re: ESPN obsessed with Reggie Bush

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Yesterday I had a family emergency and ended up only catching most of the game while I was driving on the radio - of course it's a great game with a lot of exciting plays - I finally get home later in the evening and I want to see the highlights .. ESPN sportscenter brings up highlights from the game 2 different times and what do they show? - A split screen of Reggie Bush running for a TD in college and vs the Steelers and how cool it was that they looked so much a like - HOW FREAKIN CUTE!! - forget it that Willie had a game for the ages (they only showed his 1 touchdown run from inside the 10) - what is up with that???? - no highlights of Willie's runs - just all Bush all the time - they were so pumped - they finally had something to show besides a five yard swing pass...
Hope all is well with your family. Hopefully you'll get to see some other clips from that game. The look on Willie's face as he was running that ball was priceless...pure determination!

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #3
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

ESPN always has certain players whose backsides they will kiss all season-Reggie Bush just happens to be one of them.
Old 11-13-2006, 12:43 PM   #4
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

thanks for asking it turned out to be no big deal - I did catch some highlights on my local news channel - I am happy for Parker - I was wrong about him - I thought coming into this year we made a mistake by not getting a different lead back, he couldn't get the tough yards, he would only be good for a long run here and there, etc - I think I even posted a lot of negative stuff about Willie here at SF -- I am so glad he's proving me wrong!! - he's great!

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 01:00 PM   #5
Steelers
Starter

Member Number: 2373

Ask for a TiVo for Christmas so you won't have to rely on what ESPN wants to show.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:27 PM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Thats the deal with sports media the world over - they'll kiss a guys ass and annoint him the chosen one - but heaven help him if he doesn't produce the goods.

The amount of time these guys are given seems completely arbitrary - but when the good will runs out...boy does it run out.

Bush has a couple of years to get to LT standards after which point most media outlets will have him labeled as an irretrievable bust if he fails.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,382 Times in 2,924 Posts

Bush gets the pub and Pats get the ballplayer when it comes to rookie RBs this season.

As for LT, that guy is amazing. Do not know how many saw him run in the short yardage TD while the Bengal flagrantly attempted to tackle him by the face mask
Atlanta Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:46 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Bush gets the pub and Pats get the ballplayer when it comes to rookie RBs this season.

As for LT, that guy is amazing. Do not know how many saw him run in the short yardage TD while the Bengal flagrantly attempted to tackle him by the face mask
Yeah I seen that.

This weeks live games were Bengals/ Chargers and Steelers/ Saints - LT just gets better and better and he has done it so long without much support on offense and not much on defense either.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:33 PM   #9
Stillers#1
Banned

Member Number: 1082

Damn though, did you guys see Bush fly like 8 million feet in the air for that one TD?

Amazing.
Stillers#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 04:44 PM   #10
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

Jeez Nigel, what did you see, like 160 points and 2000 yards of offense! Man!

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote