Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 11-14-2006, 08:19 PM   #1
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2474
Wink A LITTLE ABOUT ME!

It is very odd for me to be telling total strangers this(well some of you aren't total strangers...LOL), but I don't feel like I can tell anyone around me how I feel today...

Today, I had my bandages removed from a nose surgery I had last Thursday. I was a little nervous of course to see what my nose looked like. I like my nose and was worried it would look different.

You see over 18 years ago I got into an arguement with my mom over something terrible she thought I did. Well, why trying to get out of her reach I ran for the front door (hard steel). By the time I got my face out the door she slammed the door on my face. Not another word was ever mentioned about it.

Well, the injury was hardly noticeable on the outside. It only left a sharp spur of bone pushed to the side. Most people always talk about how pretty I am and how they would have never noticed my nose if I hadn't of mentioned it.... However, the injury did a lot of damage to the inside of my nose.

Of course, my mom has felt guilty the last 18 years. Firstly, because I never did what I was accused of doing and second, because she had scarred me(physically and emotionally). To this day she cries when she thinks about it. To top it off I actually had the surgery on the 3 year anniversary of my dad's death...Which made her more emotional.

Today, I wanted to cry when the bandage came off. Of course, now I can breathe...However, now I don't have to look in the mirror and daily be reminded of this terrible pain that was in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I will never be able to forget what happened...But, I really like the fact that I won't have to visually see the scar everyday....And, that I won't be so worried about people getting too close to my face because my nose has been sensitive to touch for the last 18 years.

Anyway, for all you who actually read this and suffered through my emotional blah blah, I appreciate it.
Old 11-14-2006, 08:32 PM   #2
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541
Default Re: A LITTLE ABOUT ME!

Well I'm now suffering through something like it with my hairline fracture that some of you know about.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:39 PM   #3
stillers4me
Living Legend

Member Number: 2656

I hope the surgery turns out well for you.......and that you can forgive your mom. It sounds like she has suffered as badly as you over it. If you have children yourself, you must know how easily these things escalate and then, like with you and your mom, something happens that affects you both the rest of your lives. I hope you both get the healing you need.
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:44 PM   #4
floodcitygirl
Team Owner

Member Number: 1784

I pray that you find the peace and healing on the inside to match the physical restoration. I'm sure you look beautiful and I'm glad you're more comfortable.

Thanks to MeanJoe for surprising me with my new sig.
floodcitygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 08:59 PM   #5
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenarcher View Post
It is very odd for me to be telling total strangers this(well some of you aren't total strangers...LOL), but I don't feel like I can tell anyone around me how I feel today...

Today, I had my bandages removed from a nose surgery I had last Thursday. I was a little nervous of course to see what my nose looked like. I like my nose and was worried it would look different.

You see over 18 years ago I got into an arguement with my mom over something terrible she thought I did. Well, why trying to get out of her reach I ran for the front door (hard steel). By the time I got my face out the door she slammed the door on my face. Not another word was ever mentioned about it.

Well, the injury was hardly noticeable on the outside. It only left a sharp spur of bone pushed to the side. Most people always talk about how pretty I am and how they would have never noticed my nose if I hadn't of mentioned it.... However, the injury did a lot of damage to the inside of my nose.

Of course, my mom has felt guilty the last 18 years. Firstly, because I never did what I was accused of doing and second, because she had scarred me(physically and emotionally). To this day she cries when she thinks about it. To top it off I actually had the surgery on the 3 year anniversary of my dad's death...Which made her more emotional.

Today, I wanted to cry when the bandage came off. Of course, now I can breathe...However, now I don't have to look in the mirror and daily be reminded of this terrible pain that was in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I will never be able to forget what happened...But, I really like the fact that I won't have to visually see the scar everyday....And, that I won't be so worried about people getting too close to my face because my nose has been sensitive to touch for the last 18 years.

Anyway, for all you who actually read this and suffered through my emotional blah blah, I appreciate it.
Pictures!!!

Haha...just kidding. I'm sure this is a big steppingstone for you. Thanks for sharing with us!
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 09:28 PM   #6
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Hey stillers4me.....Thanks for the well wishes...I am a mother of a preteen now and believe me I am fully aware of wanting to put it on him sometimes....LOL...Oh Boy, Do I ever.....

And, as for you klick81.... LOL.... I hate to burst your bubble,but I didn't bruise too bad so there are no scary pictures of me. As a matter of fact the only scary pictures of me is when I was growing up in the 80's....Since then, it has been all good....

Note: If anyone can tell me how to post pictures on here I will share some pictures of my upcoming 32nd B-Day party....By then the swelling should be down....I hope...LOL
Old 11-15-2006, 01:09 AM   #7
klick81
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1396

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maidenarcher;176539[B
And, as for you klick81.... LOL....[/B] I hate to burst your bubble,but I didn't bruise too bad so there are no scary pictures of me.
LOL...well i didn't mean for you to post scary pictures...i'm sure you look great If you go to photobucket.com, you can upload your pics there, then use the links they provide you with to post them here. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions!
klick81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:17 AM   #8
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327

Quote:
Hey stillers4me.....Thanks for the well wishes...I am a mother of a preteen now and believe me I am fully aware of wanting to put it on him sometimes....LOL...Oh Boy, Do I ever.....

And, as for you klick81.... LOL.... I hate to burst your bubble,but I didn't bruise too bad so there are no scary pictures of me. As a matter of fact the only scary pictures of me is when I was growing up in the 80's....Since then, it has been all good....

Note: If anyone can tell me how to post pictures on here I will share some pictures of my upcoming 32nd B-Day party....By then the swelling should be down....I hope...LOL
I pray it all works out for you.

BTW.. No 80's picture is scary! Unless you were a waver! NEW WAVE SUCKS!
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:28 AM   #9
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
.....As a matter of fact the only scary pictures of me is when I was growing up in the 80's....
Sounds like you are taking a step in the right direction to put a bad memory behind you...please sit down with your mom and allow both of you an opportunity to heal...(a little mental surgery... )

...and as for growing up in the 80's.....I still cringe when I see the clothes in Fast Times as Ridgemont High......YIKES!!!!!!!

Last edited by lamberts-lost-tooth; 11-15-2006 at 05:13 AM.
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 05:13 PM   #10
Maidenarcher
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by klick81 View Post
LOL...well i didn't mean for you to post scary pictures...i'm sure you look great If you go to photobucket.com, you can upload your pics there, then use the links they provide you with to post them here. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions!
Thanks...Appreciate it.