Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-15-2006, 11:03 AM   #11
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363
Default Re: Testaverde signs on with New England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
it sounds like theure planning a trip to the meadowlands for their 1st playoff game and wanna pick his brain on the jets offense.
At Testerverde's age....they might want to take in the alzheimers factor..LOL
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 11:35 AM   #12
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
At Testerverde's age....they might want to take in the alzheimers factor..LOL
Hey, hey hey there LLT - watch it buster - I've got a couple of years on Interceptaverde.

I dunno - I think this is a good move on the Pats' part. Vinny has 20 years in the NFL and can still throw a nice pass, even though he throws more of those nice passes to opposing defenses. Seriously, though - Vinny brings experience and insurance to the Pats in case Brady's shoulder situation worsens and they probably got him Kraft-like cheap.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 12:16 PM   #13
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Hey, hey hey there LLT - watch it buster - I've got a couple of years on Interceptaverde.

I dunno - I think this is a good move on the Pats' part. Vinny has 20 years in the NFL and can still throw a nice pass, even though he throws more of those nice passes to opposing defenses. Seriously, though - Vinny brings experience and insurance to the Pats in case Brady's shoulder situation worsens and they probably got him Kraft-like cheap.

I agree, HTG...by NFL standards, Vinny is real long in the tooth, but he has that experience...and they may need it if Brady's performance really goes down.
Old 11-15-2006, 12:57 PM   #14
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:

You however are like a fine wine....(Nice dodge if I can say so myself).. Vinny is a stale piece of bread
Old 11-15-2006, 01:45 PM   #15
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,371 Times in 4,307 Posts

interresting story i heard from gil brandt on the radio. he aint coming back for the money. parcells told brandt that vinnie is very well off and independently wealthy aside from football. he got in on the ground floor and is is one of the original shareholders of outback steakhouse which started in tampa.

so nobody worry about the health of brady. vinnie was just brought in for the free bloomin onions.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 03:10 PM   #16
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamberts-lost-tooth View Post
You however are like a fine wine....(Nice dodge if I can say so myself).. Vinny is a stale piece of bread
LMAO!! Make a note to yourself to remind me to kick you in the ass if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2006, 04:56 PM   #17
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Im not sure what to make of it - maybe its a mentoring move to help Brady during game-time, but then Testeverde could be on the sideline without being on the roster.

Maybe Brady's continually injured shoulder is causing him some problems this year - he has made some very wild throws - both over thrown and under thrown.

I guess we'll see how this one pans out........

NM
Brady's shoulder is the reason ... no way they go out and get Vinny if Brady's healthy - the question is who will play if his injury gets worse? - the Castle back up guy from SC or old man Vinny?

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:33 AM   #18
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
Well my opinion is that there is no way Brady will be benched - if there was a problem in terms of an injury I think they would have cut right back on the number of passes and leant on the running game a little more.

We have made quite a few roster moves in the last couple of weeks - rookie TE to IR, stand-in RG to IR - possibly this was always part of the plan - to get a genuine 3rd QB familiar with the offense should he be required in the post-season - after the other areas had ironed themselves out.

If Brady was injured, I think Cassel would be good to go if he had a weeks notice, but if it was a mid-game injury then you really need a vet to step in - which is where Testeverde comes in.

Brady, much like his team, has been up and down in terms of form this year - but you would hope things improve as he gets more familiar with his WR corps in the 2nd half of the season.

NM

If Brady had an injury that could seriously worsen by playing he wouldn't be playing. Brady is the franchise.

I agree with you LITP, I think it was part of the plan to bring in a 3rd QB as the year progressed and when the opportunity presented itself. I also agree that for a short spurt of a few games it might be better to go with a vet like Testeverde until Brady got back.

BTW, I always liked Testeverde. He'll drive you nuts out there, but he's very likeable.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 06:18 AM   #19
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Quote:
LMAO!! Make a note to yourself to remind me to kick you in the ass if I ever have the pleasure of meeting you.
Note to self....