Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #21
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ#85 View Post
Maybe he didn't make up all of them, but some of them, obviously. For example, broken toes, 104 fever, tennis elbow, sore thumb. For many games he discreetly complains or acts like he's ill so he'll have an excuse if you lose.

Tony, this thread will be dead when you have to bock up crow when the Bengals win and the Brownies make your coop last place in the division. The loss may be over hard, but you'll have to wipe the splattered egg off your face and continue the season. You'll have to wait for next year for the Stoolers to come out of their shell.
Ahhhh - quit your cackling and crowing. For the last time - Ben didn't make up anything and especially not the 104 degree fever episode. The media source who initially reported it had a severe case of ear wax and heard it incorrectly. He had a 100.4 degree fever as he initially stated.

The Steelers are already coming out of their shell, Chicken Little. What's going to be the Bungles' c ockamamy excuse this week when they get barbequed in the bayou? Will Carton bust a drumstick? Or - as in typical Bungle fashion - which of their self-proclaimed c ocks of the walk will end up in the pen this week?
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:24 PM   #22
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned
 
lamberts-lost-tooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: May 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 10,829
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2363
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ#85 View Post
Ya, and Jenny is going to throw about 3 interceptions. :
How exactly does one throw about 3 interceptions...are you saying 2?...4?...or do you not know that there is no such thing as a half an interception
Quote:
Parker will have a less than average day
SOOOO...less that the 4th ranked back in the league....?...maybe as bad as..oh I dont know...lets just throw a name out there...Rudi?
Quote:
Joey Porter will realize he would sound less stupid if he kept his mouth closed
...just as some people would write things less stupid if they quit typing....
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 02:54 PM   #23
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter
 
stlrtruck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,783
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2398
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

CJ85, please show me a link, some news article where Ben Roethlisberger as attributed any of the loses to an injury, fever, or some other physical ailment?
__________________

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2006, 03:04 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,865
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,147
Thanked 9,530 Times in 3,968 Posts
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ#85 View Post
Maybe he didn't make up all of them, but some of them, obviously. For example, broken toes, 104 fever, tennis elbow, sore thumb. For many games he discreetly complains or acts like he's ill so he'll have an excuse if you lose.

Tony, this thread will be dead when you have to bock up crow when the Bengals win and the Brownies make your coop last place in the division. The loss may be over hard, but you'll have to wipe the splattered egg off your face and continue the season. You'll have to wait for next year for the Stoolers to come out of their shell.
i realize winning the afc north by a tie is a feather in your cap, but you must remember the steelers have a whole flock of lombardis nesting at heinz field. the only crow that will be eaten is when the steelers feast on the ravens. infact they will get so full, of raven you would think it was a thanksgiving night game on the nfl network, and they had just eaten a turkey.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 07:29 AM   #25
stillers4me
Living Legend
 
stillers4me's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 8,670
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2656
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

__________________
"We're not going to turn our backs on him," Ward said. "We're going to treat him like our brother. We're going to accept him back and be very supportive of him and help him get through this. In this locker room, he's still our quarterback."
stillers4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:03 PM   #26
CJ#85
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 158
Member Number: 2943
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
CJ85, please show me a link, some news article where Ben Roethlisberger as attributed any of the loses to an injury, fever, or some other physical ailment?
He didn't do it personally, but he made durn sure that the media knew about these "ailments" before the game so they could chock that up for the reason you lost. I think he started to run out of legitmate excuses. He must have been getting embarrased when one of the announcers wondered what his next thing would be and made a joke about pregnancy.

Seriously, I know he did hurt his knee at one point, and I know he was in a horrible accident and had an appendectomy. Things such as the fever, thumb incidents, tennis elbow, broken toes, we all know were just things he could whine about so that if they loss the media would have an excuse for him.
CJ#85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

Palmer is asking for it from Nawlins.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:22 PM   #28
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
 
tony hipchest's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Give me back my game...
Posts: 39,865
Member Number: 658
Thanks: 2,147
Thanked 9,530 Times in 3,968 Posts
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ#85 View Post
He didn't do it personally, but he made durn sure that the media knew about these "ailments" before the game so they could chock that up for the reason you lost. I think he started to run out of legitmate excuses. He must have been getting embarrased when one of the announcers wondered what his next thing would be and made a joke about pregnancy.

Seriously, I know he did hurt his knee at one point, and I know he was in a horrible accident and had an appendectomy. Things such as the fever, thumb incidents, tennis elbow, broken toes, we all know were just things he could whine about so that if they loss the media would have an excuse for him.
check your facts. 100.4 is a fever. ben had a broken thumb that couldve used surgery if it were to offseason, instead, he played through it and won a sb. ben dont play tennis. noone heard about bens toes until after the AFCC game (thats a championship game for you that dont know) until AFTER the game. ben cant fake 3 surgeries. you need a new schtick. this one is rotten and has been blown out the water. it doesnt work no more.

dont be an egghead
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:25 PM   #29
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hollidaysburg PA
Posts: 19,587
Gender: Male
Member Number: 541
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
check your facts. 100.4 is a fever. ben had a broken thumb that couldve used surgery if it were to offseason, instead, he played through it and won a sb. ben dont play tennis. noone heard about bens toes until after the AFCC game (thats a championship game for you that dont know) until AFTER the game. ben cant fake 3 surgeries. you need a new schtick. this one is rotten and has been blown out the water. it doesnt work no more.

dont be an egghead
I knew Big Ben did something that some QB's didn't do. Play through a 100 degree body temp and played through a broken thumb. Also he's been playing after certain things called: Motorcycle accident, concussions, and appendectimy.
__________________

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 10:31 PM   #30
CJ#85
Banned
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 158
Member Number: 2943
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

I believe he dinged his thumb on a helmet this year, and he got his little thumb all bandaged up. I doubt he would have had surgery from the broken thumb. Doctors don't often perform surgery for broken toes, fingers, or thumbs. Maybe 100.4 is a fever, but your "intelligent" coach had him out there off an appendectomy with a fever. Besides there is a big difference between 104 and 100.4. He said he had a 104 fever. He didn't realize how ridiculous that sounded as you can die from a fever that high. Tennis elbow was a recent excuse from a few weeks ago. I am more than willing to pull up an article or link. The broken toes was a made up excuse that even your coach denied.

I will give him credit for coming back so soon after such a horrible accident, appendectomy, and concussion. I just believe that your coach should have rested him longer after those injuries. I believe that is why in the games immediately following those injuries that his performance was so poor.

Last edited by CJ#85; 11-18-2006 at 11:58 PM.
CJ#85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts