Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-16-2006, 11:55 AM   #21
sumo
Team Captain

Member Number: 3047
Default Re: Emmitt Smith Again A Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
I know you guys think ballroom and Latin dancing is for wimps, but I have to hand it to Emmitt Smith - he was just awesome in this season's Dancing With the Stars. Tonight, Emmitt and his partner, Cheryl Burke, were crowed this year's champs!

Congrats Twinkle Toes - what a class act you were on the field and what a terrific dancer you are on that ballroom floor! You can move it and shake it better than men half your age!

For the guys out there who have never had the pleasure of seeing Pat Smith, Emmitt's wife, I found a picture of her below - she is absolutely gorgeous!

You know what's funny about this - they interviewed Emmit afterwards (I didn't see it -but I heard him say it on ESPN radio) - he thinks this win was just as big as the SB or making it to the Hall of Fame - can you imagine the torture he would get for saying this if he was still on a team? - He wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the locker room

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
sumo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:06 PM   #22
PisnNapalm
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 1225

I feel a strong urge to vomit. If a Steeler ever appeared on that show I think I'd have to off myself.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:11 PM   #23
sumo
Team Captain

Does anybody here think Emmit Smith looks like Homer Simpson?

"The Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ..the Bears are who we thought they were!!!! ...you wanna crown their a--, then crown'em..." Dennis Green - voted Best Damn Quote by Fox Sports and Sumo-2006
Old 11-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #24
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,694 Times in 2,899 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo View Post
Does anybody here think Emmit Smith looks like Homer Simpson?
(8m -doh! (actually, yes)
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:15 PM   #25
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

My friend called me a little while ago and told me that she heard on KDKA radio this morning that the show plans on bringing in yet another NFL star for Season 4 and a couple of the Steelers are being looked at. No names were put out there. Personally, I think James Farrior would be a great dancer - he is so smooth and has charisma. I also think Troy would do well on that show - same reasons as Farrior. They would have to wait until retirement, I would imagine, as the show runs during football season.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 12:19 PM   #26
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
You know what's funny about this - they interviewed Emmit afterwards (I didn't see it -but I heard him say it on ESPN radio) - he thinks this win was just as big as the SB or making it to the Hall of Fame - can you imagine the torture he would get for saying this if he was still on a team? - He wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the locker room
Dancing is still competitive, sumo, and Emmitt is a competitive kind of guy. They work their asses off and have to learn anywhere between 1-3 new dances every single week - it's not as easy at it might appear. Last night, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach did clips before the winner was announced and they both were fully supporting Emmitt and quite proud of him for making it to the finals.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 11-16-2006, 12:30 PM   #27
sumo
Team Captain

Quote:
Dancing is still competitive, sumo, and Emmitt is a competitive kind of guy. They work their asses off and have to learn anywhere between 1-3 new dances every single week - it's not as easy at it might appear. Last night, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach did clips before the winner was announced and they both were fully supporting Emmitt and quite proud of him for making it to the finals.
I don't doubt what you're saying for a second - I'm not belittling what he did - no way-no how I could do it - but just as satisfying as a SB win? - HOF? ...oh and he has a smokin hot wife too

Last edited by sumo; 11-16-2006 at 12:36 PM.
Old 11-16-2006, 01:08 PM   #28
HometownGal
Living Legend

Quote:
I don't doubt what you're saying for a second - I'm not belittling what he did - no way-no how I could do it - but just as satisfying as a SB win? - HOF? ...oh and he has a smokin hot wife too
I look at what Emmitt said as him achieving something he thought he never could, but ultimately did. I'm sure in his younger playing days, though he more than likely dreamed of being on a SB team and getting into the HOF, until he actually accomplished those things, they were just that....dreams. Now that he has accomplished those goals, he set his sights on a different goal where he could try show his "non-NFL" talents. Hey - I commend all of those guys and gals - professional dancing is very grueling and requires a lot of long hours and dedication.

The Anti-Wahoo
Old 11-16-2006, 01:45 PM   #29
Mamaduck43
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 592

I seem to remember that Lynn Swann took a lot of guff during his playing days when he admitted that he took ballet lessons to help with his vertical leap and ability to move on the field......

I think it was quite effective and didn't hurt his playing style a bit.....

I think that Emmitt was able to draw on his years of conditioning and mental strength to help him with the rigors of the training that he went through in the past 10 weeks.... He did say that it was more aerobic exercise that he had gone through while playing, and that he was on his feet for many more hours than when he was playing......

It looks like both couples are going to be making the rounds of the talk shows, so we will be subjected to the dimples and sourpuss faces as well as the smiles of the champions......
Mamaduck43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2006, 01:47 PM   #30
lamberts-lost-tooth
Banned

Member Number: 2363

Quote:
..... professional dancing is very grueling and requires a lot of long hours and dedication.
I know what you mean...hours and hours of psyching yourself up to be "Seargent Perry" ...Officer of Love..... then straigtening out all those wrinkled bills....The late hours...being thought of as a just a hunk of meat with no brain......
lamberts-lost-tooth is offline   Reply With Quote