Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2006, 12:58 PM   #1
R2sojr
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 892
Default Ike is GARBGE!!

i do not care what anyone says..he get burnt and has dumb mistakes time and time again..what a wast of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
R2sojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 01:07 PM   #2
kyflash15
Water Boy

Member Number: 3187
Default Re: Ike is GARBGE!!

yeah we better draft a db... he hasnt shown me anything
kyflash15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
BigDuke6
Banned

Member Number: 2238

Ike is hurting in a big big way. He has no confidence. His pass coverage is so tentaive and meek. And I am sick and tired of him playing referee after a pass has been completed against him. Shut up and play. Because of the big contract I am going to be resentful of his poor play. But I'm not going to give up on him 'cause we need him.
BigDuke6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 05:42 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,687 Times in 2,628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2sojr View Post
i do not care what anyone says..he get burnt and has dumb mistakes time and time again..what a wast of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Signing him to a big K after 1 year as a starter was a big gamble but if he had a good year his price would have gone through the roof.

Most of us were pushing to sign him, so all I can say is that it was a big gamble that crapped out. His shortcomings were masked by a powerful pass rush - Champ Bailey he ain't.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
NV STEELERS 723
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2572

We def need to draft a "stopper" DB...who's available?
NV STEELERS 723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,618 Posts

bill on ike after the n.o. game:

Has Ike Taylor responded how you'd like?

He did some things well. I would still like to see him play the ball better. There were a couple balls down the field. Don't be afraid—just go make a play. I just got to get these guys to not be afraid to make a play. Sometimes you get to the point you don't want to get beat. You have to be able to go out there and be confident enough, and aggressive enough, and once you see the ball to put yourself in the position early. At the end, play the ball. Sometimes you are going to miss the ball. I'd rather see the guys attempt and fail as opposed to not even attempting at all. That's what we have to continue to work with these guys to do. (We) have to get them to get their head around it, that you are going to get tested on a jump ball. Take a shot and put yourself in position and try to make a play. I'd rather see them try and fail than not try at all.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:23 PM   #7
ROYND1
Water Boy

Member Number: 877

Yeah I read that piece where Cowher said that so I wasn't so mad when Ike went for the pick and missed,giving up the big TD.Atleast he took a chance.I think he's a good young DB,he's had some great games and lately some bad ones but I'm not ready to give up on him yet.He's still learning,remember he went from small school nobody to a starter pretty quick, he'll be fine.If we had a better pass rush these days(I know we had a few today but could've had more) QB's wouldn't have the time they do to pick us apart.Two side notes-Mcfadden looked pretty good today. And did anyone else notice that that was Townsend who knocked the ball away from Edwards at the last second tody???
ROYND1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 07:29 PM   #8
SteelersMongol
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 2401

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROYND1 View Post
Yeah I read that piece where Cowher said that so I wasn't so mad when Ike went for the pick and missed,giving up the big TD.Atleast he took a chance.I think he's a good young DB,he's had some great games and lately some bad ones but I'm not ready to give up on him yet.He's still learning,remember he went from small school nobody to a starter pretty quick, he'll be fine.If we had a better pass rush these days(I know we had a few today but could've had more) QB's wouldn't have the time they do to pick us apart.Two side notes-Mcfadden looked pretty good today. And did anyone else notice that that was Townsend who knocked the ball away from Edwards at the last second tody???
I agree. And I LOVE IKE! We all have our good days and bad days. Remember how he was there when we needed him during our road to SB-XL!
Old 11-19-2006, 07:30 PM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Signing him to a big K after 1 year as a starter was a big gamble but if he had a good year his price would have gone through the roof.

Most of us were pushing to sign him, so all I can say is that it was a big gamble that crapped out. His shortcomings were masked by a powerful pass rush - Champ Bailey he ain't.
Well I wanted Ike to be resigned but I never thought that Ike was a shutdown type corner like some thought last year. So if any fan thought Ike would ever reach Champ Bailey status was fooling themselves. But your right a pass rush did mask Ike's short comings. But in Ike's defense the last few makes the Steelers pass rush has disappeared. The Steelers did get some pressure today against the Browns. But not the pass rush that we all are use to seeing out of the Steelers defense.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 09:24 PM   #10
SteelerMurf
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 2064

Ike isn't turning out to be a shutdown corner (but he was for 1-1/4 seasons though wasn't he?) But Steelers are not paying him shutdown corner money.

CBs are hard to come by and he will be fine. You need at least 3 good CBs almost every play in today's NFL.

It's time to give him some over the top help until he gets his swagger back.