Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 11-19-2006, 03:36 PM   #1
Sith Lord
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 977
Default Whoa....

That was certainly a doozy. Here are my thoughts:

Again I was thinking to myself maybe Cohwer should pull Ben, he just didnt look like he was into it in the first half, and now again I know there is a reason why other people have head coaching jobs and I dont.

Ben is a champion, period. If there are any doubters, watch the 2nd half today....while you're at it put the tape on of him against altanta before he got hurt. (OL did a good job as well)

Steve Tasker is without question the worst color guy on the CBS roster. (After the 1st and second crew on FOX, they have no one that can call games)

I never thought I'd say this, but hats off to the browns, they played one hell of a football game today.

I'd like to thank the Falcons and the Saints today for showing up to their respective games, the 2 biggest pretenders in the NFL.

The steelers have no one to blame but themselves in regard to their record. There is nothing more frustrating than needing help to make the playoffs.

Meaningful games can come to an end next week if we only show up for one half and continue to turn the ball over.

And finally, can Cedrick Wilson stop the ****ing crying and play football....GET YOU HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS CED....YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!!!

That being said....Good win today boys.
Sith Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910
Default Re: Whoa....

My thoughts.....

this team lacks heart at times. 2nd and 6, hines ward could have fought for a first down but just ran out of bounds. 3rd and 1, we dont get the first down...its the little things. you know things are bad when a player like hines ward even does something like this..

nate washington after an interception started to jog after the defender letting him gain more yards.

good win, but this is the difference from last year...maybe this win will give us more confidense and a desire to win
Old 11-19-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers View Post
My thoughts.....

this team lacks heart at times. 2nd and 6, hines ward could have fought for a first down but just ran out of bounds. 3rd and 1, we dont get the first down...its the little things. you know things are bad when a player like hines ward even does something like this..

nate washington after an interception started to jog after the defender letting him gain more yards.

good win, but this is the difference from last year...maybe this win will give us more confidense and a desire to win
"Hines Ward has no heart" is an oximoron cause Hines is heart. Did that make any sense? No, but never say Hines took the easier route. If that is what he did, he was definitely in some sort of pain, because he will always do anything to make a play.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
ChronoCross
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 2201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post

Again I was thinking to myself maybe Cohwer should pull Ben, he just didnt look like he was into it in the first half, and now again I know there is a reason why other people have head coaching jobs and I dont.

Ben is a champion, period. If there are any doubters, watch the 2nd half today....while you're at it put the tape on of him against altanta before he got hurt. (OL did a good job as well)

Steve Tasker is without question the worst color guy on the CBS roster. (After the 1st and second crew on FOX, they have no one that can call games)

I never thought I'd say this, but hats off to the browns, they played one hell of a football game today.

I'd like to thank the Falcons and the Saints today for showing up to their respective games, the 2 biggest pretenders in the NFL.

The steelers have no one to blame but themselves in regard to their record. There is nothing more frustrating than needing help to make the playoffs.

Meaningful games can come to an end next week if we only show up for one half and continue to turn the ball over.

And finally, can Cedrick Wilson stop the ****ing crying and play football....GET YOU HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS CED....YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!!!

Boy that comment on cedric is right on the spot. Every time he drops a ball he crys for interference, he shakes his head so many times a game, I really start to worry about that boy. Sometimes I really think he is going to get thrown out of a game do to the way he is hammering on refs at times thru out the season.

Rest of the game I would of loved to seen more of the run game but that did not happen. Browns offense was on the field to long. Steelers Coaches must look at that this week, because the last two weeks, defense has been playing like low ranked one. In order for us to win out, the defense has to step it up.

Holmes INT was thrown to high and basically his fault. Other two I do not blame on Ben.

Awsome comeback way to go Big Ben and Team.
ChronoCross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:14 PM   #5
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sith Lord View Post

Good points and good post, Sith.

How can anyone in their right mind question the heart of Hines Ward? The guy gives 150%each and every down whether he is going out for a pass or blocking a defender - whether he is healthy or hurting. He's the very soul of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:17 PM   #6
Sharkissle29
Team President

Member Number: 910

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
Good points and good post, Sith.

How can anyone in their right mind question the heart of Hines Ward? The guy gives 150%each and every down whether he is going out for a pass or blocking a defender - whether he is healthy or hurting. He's the very soul of the Pittsburgh Steelers.
watch the replay and tell me he gave 150%

and im not saying he has no heart, i just thought he could have given more of an effort
Old 11-19-2006, 04:26 PM   #7
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by St33lers View Post
watch the replay and tell me he gave 150%

and im not saying he has no heart, i just thought he could have given more of an effort
OK. I was off by 1%. He gave 149%.

All kidding aside, St33lers - the one guy on this team whose efforts and hunger to win I have never and won't ever question is that of #86.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:31 PM   #8
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

Quote:
Originally Posted by HometownGal View Post
All kidding aside, St33lers - the one guy on this team whose efforts and hunger to win I have never and won't ever question is that of #86.
Ditto. The guy came back in the game to play after a shot to the knee.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:34 PM   #9
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Well it was a good comeback but the Steelers didn't look very interested for 3 quarters. They looked dead out there and then in the 4th quarter they came to life thank God.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2006, 04:58 PM   #10
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Anyone else out there bothered by our lack of QB pressure on D? The blitzes don't seem to be coming as often, or perhaps they're just getting picked up.

I like mixing up our play-calling and passing on 1 & 2nd downs though.

Ced needs to stop the drama too. Shaddup and play Ced, you're better than that.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote