Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 11-20-2006, 02:01 AM   #1
brind666
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 3120
Default D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

so another 3 int. game by ben..... why do we run the football only 18 times with this qb under center ?? we will NEVER be a pass first team with ben under center... i have stopped counting his ints. this year.... he is a good qb but thats it... believe me he will NEVER make a pro bowl..
brind666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:27 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend

Member Number: 16327
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

Brind....

Take this step by step.
1. Ben only had 1 interception that was his fault. The other two were tips that the receiver should have caught instead of tipping the ball for a DB.

2. Go back to last year... we were actually equal or a tad pass first last year. What happened was that in the second half, we shut down the game by running the ball AFTER WE HAD THE LEAD. This year, our DB's can't stop a Peewee football team. As a result, we have to keep passing inorder to catch up and win.

3. Consider the fact that these games are games the Steelers traditionally LOSE. Why? Because when they get down by 10 or 13 points, they never had the quick strike weapons to come back and win.

4. The Browns are set up to stop the run. We drove on them when we spread out four and five wide.

5. Go back and look at SB teams. What was the last run first team to win the SB? Not Pittsburgh last year, Willie didn't even get 100 yards. Patriots? NOPE. Maybe the Ravens. Before then? Not the Rams. Not Tampa Bay, go back to the cowboys... Run first teams don't win SB's because they don't have the quick strike capability to come back in the 4th quarter.

6. Along with point 5... How many AFL championship games did we lose because we were run first? I can only think of one season when we were really balanced... and we won the SB.

Don't worry about Ben. His ONE interception in a trade for comeback abilities is completely acceptable. What is not, is our recievers tipping balls to DB's.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:41 AM   #3
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter

Member Number: 2550

I swear to God, does anyone pay attention to the games anymore? 2 of those INTs were deflections of CATCHABLE BALLS, so again...how is that Ben's fault? Does the fact that he led the comeback in the 4th quarter even count for anything? Ben showed the heart and will of a champion in that game yesterday, but apparently, that isn't good enough for some people. It's perfection or the pine every time.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:54 AM   #4
Steel Pit
Banned

Member Number: 2140

I say that we send the "Ben Bashers" to the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox Hall of Shame. I don't know? Maybe the Ben Bashers weren't around when the aforementioned QB's played for the Steelers. If they were they would certainly learn to appreciate the QB that we have today.

Besides Indianapolis, New England and probably Cincinnati, I think that all other NFL front offices would swap QB's with the Steelers without any hesitation.

Last edited by Steel Pit; 11-20-2006 at 03:59 AM.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:56 AM   #5
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain

Member Number: 1117

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Does the fact that he led the comeback in the 4th quarter even count for anything? Ben showed the heart and will of a champion in that game yesterday, but apparently, that isn't good enough for some people. It's perfection or the pine every time.

He may never make the pro bowl but he has made the Super Bowl.
That is all that matters to me.
The bottom line - Ben played an awesome 4th quarter and we beat the Browns.
I do not care how ugly it was, we beat the Browns.
And if you think about it, their offense has not scored on us in the last 2 games played.
That TD that ben threw to Willie Parker was awesome!!!! Ben played in the second half like he has played in the past. That TD also reminded of the TD that Bettis scored against Jacksonville to beat them a few years back.
I have nothing negative to say because I do not care how it is done or how ugly it looks
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #6
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 2268

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
I say that we send the "Ben Bashers" to the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox Hall of Shame. I don't know? Maybe the Ben Bashers weren't around when the aforementioned QB's played for the Steelers. If they were they would certainly learn to appreciate the QB that we have today.

Besides Indianapolis, New England and probably Cincinnati, I think that all other NFL front offices would swap QB's with the Steelers without any hesitation.

I agree Ben done fine .......... ever body get off his back

BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I swear to God, does anyone pay attention to the games anymore?
I guess not...The game was blacked out here and I couldnt make it to the bar to watch and I even know 2 of the picks werent his fault. The 'analysts' even agree...Get off his back. When push comes to shove the kid does the job.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:41 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by brind666 View Post
so another 3 int. game by ben..... why do we run the football only 18 times with this qb under center ?? we will NEVER be a pass first team with ben under center... i have stopped counting his ints. this year.... he is a good qb but thats it... believe me he will NEVER make a pro bowl..
Hmmm - Ben has made it to and WON a SB in his second year as a pro. Somehow me thinks being selected to the Pro-Bowl is the least of his concerns. I know it is the least of mine. Peytoon makes it to the Pro Bowl every season but has yet to win the big one. I think Peytoon would trade in all of his Hawaii excursions to win just one Super Bowl, don't you agree?

C'mon brind - give Ben credit where credit is due. He is out there getting the job done. He took quite a pounding yesterday and still played a significant role in the Steelers coming from behind and taking that game back from the Browns. As fans, what more can we ask for?

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

Quote:
Originally Posted by brind666 View Post

Pay attention to the game! Do you know how its played? Stats aren`t everything, Ben didn`t play well, but the blame wasnt all him.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #10
polamalufan43
Team President

Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Member Number: 3344

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71 View Post

He may never make the pro bowl but he has made the Super Bowl.
That is all that matters to me.
The bottom line - Ben played an awesome 4th quarter and we beat the Browns.
I do not care how ugly it was, we beat the Browns.
And if you think about it, their offense has not scored on us in the last 2 games played.
That TD that ben threw to Willie Parker was awesome!!!! Ben played in the second half like he has played in the past. That TD also reminded of the TD that Bettis scored against Jacksonville to beat them a few years back.
I have nothing negative to say because I do not care how it is done or how ugly it looks
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll say it again
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!
(as it should be)

~Polamalufan43