Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2006, 02:01 AM   #1
brind666
Draft Prospect
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 70
Member Number: 3120
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

so another 3 int. game by ben..... why do we run the football only 18 times with this qb under center ?? we will NEVER be a pass first team with ben under center... i have stopped counting his ints. this year.... he is a good qb but thats it... believe me he will NEVER make a pro bowl..
brind666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:27 AM   #2
Preacher
Living Legend
 

Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 3,890
Member Number: 16327
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

Brind....

Take this step by step.
1. Ben only had 1 interception that was his fault. The other two were tips that the receiver should have caught instead of tipping the ball for a DB.

2. Go back to last year... we were actually equal or a tad pass first last year. What happened was that in the second half, we shut down the game by running the ball AFTER WE HAD THE LEAD. This year, our DB's can't stop a Peewee football team. As a result, we have to keep passing inorder to catch up and win.

3. Consider the fact that these games are games the Steelers traditionally LOSE. Why? Because when they get down by 10 or 13 points, they never had the quick strike weapons to come back and win.

4. The Browns are set up to stop the run. We drove on them when we spread out four and five wide.

5. Go back and look at SB teams. What was the last run first team to win the SB? Not Pittsburgh last year, Willie didn't even get 100 yards. Patriots? NOPE. Maybe the Ravens. Before then? Not the Rams. Not Tampa Bay, go back to the cowboys... Run first teams don't win SB's because they don't have the quick strike capability to come back in the 4th quarter.

6. Along with point 5... How many AFL championship games did we lose because we were run first? I can only think of one season when we were really balanced... and we won the SB.

Don't worry about Ben. His ONE interception in a trade for comeback abilities is completely acceptable. What is not, is our recievers tipping balls to DB's.
Preacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:41 AM   #3
X-Terminator
Mr. Wrong
Supporter
 
X-Terminator's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,881
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2550
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

I swear to God, does anyone pay attention to the games anymore? 2 of those INTs were deflections of CATCHABLE BALLS, so again...how is that Ben's fault? Does the fact that he led the comeback in the 4th quarter even count for anything? Ben showed the heart and will of a champion in that game yesterday, but apparently, that isn't good enough for some people. It's perfection or the pine every time.
__________________
X-Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 03:54 AM   #4
Steel Pit
Banned
 
Steel Pit's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: London, Ohio
Posts: 737
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2140
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

I say that we send the "Ben Bashers" to the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox Hall of Shame. I don't know? Maybe the Ben Bashers weren't around when the aforementioned QB's played for the Steelers. If they were they would certainly learn to appreciate the QB that we have today.

Besides Indianapolis, New England and probably Cincinnati, I think that all other NFL front offices would swap QB's with the Steelers without any hesitation.

Last edited by Steel Pit; 11-20-2006 at 03:59 AM.
Steel Pit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 05:56 AM   #5
Indy_Steelers
Team Captain
 
Indy_Steelers's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Anderson, Indiana
Posts: 845
Gender: Male
Member Number: 1117
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
Does the fact that he led the comeback in the 4th quarter even count for anything? Ben showed the heart and will of a champion in that game yesterday, but apparently, that isn't good enough for some people. It's perfection or the pine every time.


He may never make the pro bowl but he has made the Super Bowl.
That is all that matters to me.
The bottom line - Ben played an awesome 4th quarter and we beat the Browns.
I do not care how ugly it was, we beat the Browns.
And if you think about it, their offense has not scored on us in the last 2 games played.
That TD that ben threw to Willie Parker was awesome!!!! Ben played in the second half like he has played in the past. That TD also reminded of the TD that Bettis scored against Jacksonville to beat them a few years back.
I have nothing negative to say because I do not care how it is done or how ugly it looks
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
www.indysteelers.com
Indy_Steelers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 06:38 AM   #6
ARKIESTEEL
Assistant Coach
Supporter
 

Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: FAYETTEVILLE AR
Posts: 1,175
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2268
Thanks: 1
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Pit View Post
I say that we send the "Ben Bashers" to the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox Hall of Shame. I don't know? Maybe the Ben Bashers weren't around when the aforementioned QB's played for the Steelers. If they were they would certainly learn to appreciate the QB that we have today.

Besides Indianapolis, New England and probably Cincinnati, I think that all other NFL front offices would swap QB's with the Steelers without any hesitation.


I agree Ben done fine .......... ever body get off his back
__________________





BIG FAT ARKIESTEEL
ARKIESTEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:16 AM   #7
Buzz05
Team Captain
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Bmore, Md
Posts: 754
Member Number: 2482
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Terminator View Post
I swear to God, does anyone pay attention to the games anymore?
I guess not...The game was blacked out here and I couldnt make it to the bar to watch and I even know 2 of the picks werent his fault. The 'analysts' even agree...Get off his back. When push comes to shove the kid does the job.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 07:41 AM   #8
HometownGal
Living Legend
 
HometownGal's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: The Burgh
Posts: 21,479
Gender: Female
Member Number: 2413
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brind666 View Post
so another 3 int. game by ben..... why do we run the football only 18 times with this qb under center ?? we will NEVER be a pass first team with ben under center... i have stopped counting his ints. this year.... he is a good qb but thats it... believe me he will NEVER make a pro bowl..
Hmmm - Ben has made it to and WON a SB in his second year as a pro. Somehow me thinks being selected to the Pro-Bowl is the least of his concerns. I know it is the least of mine. Peytoon makes it to the Pro Bowl every season but has yet to win the big one. I think Peytoon would trade in all of his Hawaii excursions to win just one Super Bowl, don't you agree?

C'mon brind - give Ben credit where credit is due. He is out there getting the job done. He took quite a pounding yesterday and still played a significant role in the Steelers coming from behind and taking that game back from the Browns. As fans, what more can we ask for?
__________________


The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:15 PM   #9
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter
 
clevestinks's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Ohio
Posts: 8,326
Member Number: 302
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brind666 View Post
so another 3 int. game by ben..... why do we run the football only 18 times with this qb under center ?? we will NEVER be a pass first team with ben under center... i have stopped counting his ints. this year.... he is a good qb but thats it... believe me he will NEVER make a pro bowl..


Pay attention to the game! Do you know how its played? Stats aren`t everything, Ben didn`t play well, but the blame wasnt all him.
__________________
<b>BLEEDING BLACK & GOLD IN OHIO</b>[
clevestinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:38 PM   #10
polamalufan43
Team President
 
polamalufan43's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Where the streets are paved in black and gold stones
Posts: 2,345
Member Number: 3344
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovejoy71 View Post


He may never make the pro bowl but he has made the Super Bowl.
That is all that matters to me.
The bottom line - Ben played an awesome 4th quarter and we beat the Browns.
I do not care how ugly it was, we beat the Browns.
And if you think about it, their offense has not scored on us in the last 2 games played.
That TD that ben threw to Willie Parker was awesome!!!! Ben played in the second half like he has played in the past. That TD also reminded of the TD that Bettis scored against Jacksonville to beat them a few years back.
I have nothing negative to say because I do not care how it is done or how ugly it looks
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'll say it again
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!
(as it should be)

~Polamalufan43
__________________
Harder the Conflict, Sweeter the Victory
Steelers 07
polamalufan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts