Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 11-20-2006, 07:47 AM   #1
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Forget the clowns....it's beat a ratbird week

This victory was sweet. It proved that we can win it when we turn the ball over (although that should be our goal - it should be to just win it out right)!

This week we travel to Hines Field East! At www.ravensinsider.com, on the chat forum, they are already bitchin' about the fans selling their tickets to Steelers fans. Yet another town run by the Black and Gold. They've also got one person listed as xstillerfan saying that after the ratbirds kill us, that we'll be abandoning ship. My response to that person was if you're an xstillerfan, then you were never a Stiller fan!

Now for the game. Let's not hide the fact that the ratbirds have a tough defense and Ray (I should be doing time for murder) Ray should be back in action. Ben and the offense need to control the clock, hold on to the ball, and be willing to take whatever the defense gives them. This would be a good game for ma-Najeh to get a heck of a lot more carries and split time in the backfield with Willie. I think it would also be a good idea for the Whiz to consider the No-Huddle and run the defense into the ground.

As for the Steel Curtain, we've got to hold our own. We can't let their WRs and TEs sit still in the open zones. We've got to be physical with them and with McNair. McNair has a winning record against the Steelers (I believe 1 of 2 teams that Cowher has a losing record against is the Titans and that QB was McNair)! He knows our defensive schemes all too well. It's time to put a hole in the ratbird O-Line, change up our blitzes and let McNair have an ear full of turf all day long. My biggest concern with them is T. Heap. He's another big TE and knows how to make things happen when he has the ball.

We can have a big game against the them if the offense plays the way they are capable of playing and we don't make stupid turnovers, idiotic penalties, and give up big plays on 3rd down!

With all that said, Let's Rock the ratbird house with BLACK AND GOLD!

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 08:05 AM   #2
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413
Default Re: Forget the clowns....it's beat a ratbird week

I am not overly concerned with the Rats' O - we can and will stop Jamal Lewis but the key here is pressuring McNair early and often. The old fart can still move around quite well back there and we've got to be on him like white on rice. The Rats' D is what keeps them in most of their games, as they are very quick and very crafty. Our OL has to bring their A+++ game this week to give Ben some time to get the ball to the receivers and our guys had better take a crash course this week on how to hold onto catchable passes. I don't see FWP or Davenport having a whole lot of success on the ground this week - the Rats run D is darned good, but you never know with FWP - he just may be able to break one if we can wear them down. I agree that the no-huddle could be very effective against the Rats D.

STs need to step up and do their part in this game - they're still our achilles heel. We can't give the Rats good field position, as has become somewhat the norm this season with other opponents.

I see this game as being a really good one, but low-scoring. I believe the Steelers can stuff the Rats as long as they play smart football and don't make costly mistakes which the Rats can turn into points.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:24 AM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

I would have thought, in the recent past, that the Steelers would have been able to take the Raven running game away but the Browns run for 100 yards at about 3.4 ypc.

This was against a team missing its big name centre and starting running back.

All elements of the Steelers D look porous for large parts of the game , which shouldn't be the case against such a mediocre offense.

The coaches took too long to realise that you can't gift field position to opponents like the Raiders and the Browns - its about the only way they can hurt you - run back interceptions dont help either.

To beat the Ravens there needs to be some old fashioned Steeler lineplay - both offensively and defensively - a few big hits on McNair could put him out of the game.

This would be a good game for Willie to step up and run for 100+, and take some of the pressure off Ben.

For some reason the Steelers play every game this year like they are involved in a shootout with the '98 Vikes - 3 and out is not the end of the world - play the field position game and let your D make the plays.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

I would have thought, in the recent past, that the Steelers would have been able to take the Raven running game away but the Browns run for 100 yards at about 3.4 ypc.

This was against a team missing its big name centre and starting running back.

All elements of the Steelers D look porous for large parts of the game , which shouldn't be the case against such a mediocre offense.

LITP, I agree with what you are saying here. But not to make a sorry excuse for the Steelers defense and the whole team yesterday. But the Steelers really didn't seem interested for 3 quarters. They were like zombies out there. Now in the 4th quarter the team came alive. I'm sure this week the Steelers will give full effort against the Ravens for 4 quarters.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:34 AM   #5
Buzz05
Team Captain

Member Number: 2482

As of 7:30 this morning on 98 Rock radio station the trash talk has already started...its gonna be a long week. As far as the running game I think there needs to be balance but the way we win...pass the ball down field. Their db's jump at the slightest pump fake and can be exploited. Their db's are good yes but are prone to mistakes..Jake Delhomme and Drew Brees both went for big numbers. IMHO i think they are overrated. The Titans should have beat them and would have if Jeff Fisher wouldnt have pulled the reigns back. It seems that when teams are getting up on them they are pulling back and giving McNair the opportunity to make a play. When we get up on them (And I say when because they are horrible starting out the game) we need to keep it coming. Dont let up one inch. We can win this yes...but we have to keep the offense coming and hit McNair hard, early, and often. The last few games he has been getting hit and has been needing help to get him off the ground.
Buzz05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:55 AM   #6
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post

LITP, I agree with what you are saying here. But not to make a sorry excuse for the Steelers defense and the whole team yesterday. But the Steelers really didn't seem interested for 3 quarters. They were like zombies out there. Now in the 4th quarter the team came alive. I'm sure this week the Steelers will give full effort against the Ravens for 4 quarters.
I was of the opinion that this Ravens team was 'over-rated' a couple of weeks back - but im slowly changing my mind.

As you say, the Steelers will need 60 mins of intensity because McNair is a large step up from Charlie Frye and Jamal Lewis is going to cause alot more problems than a guy with les than 100 career rushing yards prior to yesterdays game.

You have wonder why this team is coming out flat for even 1 quarter, let alone 3, when they have to win out and they are facing possibly their greatest historical rivals.

This game could very dangerous for Ben is the Steelers put themselves in a position where the Ravens are able to tee off on him.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:06 AM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past View Post
I was of the opinion that this Ravens team was 'over-rated' a couple of weeks back - but im slowly changing my mind.

As you say, the Steelers will need 60 mins of intensity because McNair is a large step up from Charlie Frye and Jamal Lewis is going to cause alot more problems than a guy with les than 100 career rushing yards prior to yesterdays game.

You have wonder why this team is coming out flat for even 1 quarter, let alone 3, when they have to win out and they are facing possibly their greatest historical rivals.

This game could very dangerous for Ben is the Steelers put themselves in a position where the Ravens are able to tee off on him.

NM
I'm still not sold on the Ravens. I think they are over-rated. But they are winning games so some credit has to be given for that.

The Steelers need to bring it the whole game. If the Steelers start out slow then it will be along day for the Steelers. I'm not really worried about Jamal Lewis the Steelers usually shut him down. I'm worried about Steve McNair. He is always a pain in the ass for the Steelers. Of course the defense of the Ravens is always tough. But Sams the Ravens return man gives me nightmares just thinking what he is going to do against the Steelers kick coverage units. The Steelers special teams has been horrible all year.

I agree the Steelers Oline better step up and not let Ben get hit. But has to throw the ball away at times and not take so many hits. I know he likes keeping the ball to the last minute and always trying to make a play. But that style of play could lead to a very short career. Sometimes the best play is to throw the ball away.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:03 AM   #8
memphissteelergirl
Head Coach

Member Number: 2648

It's gonna be 60 Minutes of Hell Sunday....the Steelers have got to bring their A-game everywhere....Offense, Defense and Special Teams.
Old 11-20-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

We can't get behind early. It can kill us.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 01:34 PM   #10
MyCuz64Furness
Team Captain
Supporter

Member Number: 2533

Unfortunately I worry about all teams.....I didn't think we would have such a hard time with the clowns.....I'm just taking 1 game at a time.....thats all my nerves can handle right now
MyCuz64Furness is offline   Reply With Quote