Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 11-20-2006, 09:22 AM   #1
Infamix
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 917
Default The Ravens worry me big time

for two reasons.

B.J. Sams will rape our special teams coverage....and McNair always found a way to beat the Steelers as a Titan. If our offense plays like they did in the 4th quarter for the whole game, I see us beating them.
Infamix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:39 AM   #2
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290
Default Re: The Ravens worry me big time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamix View Post
for two reasons.

B.J. Sams will rape our special teams coverage....and McNair always found a way to beat the Steelers as a Titan. If our offense plays like they did in the 4th quarter for the whole game, I see us beating them.
I agree Sams is going to be a pain in the ass this Sunday. The Steelers coverage units on special teams are horrible. Yes Stever McNair has always been a thorn in the Steelers side. But I still think the Ravens are overrated even if they keep winning. I think the Steelers can beat them. But the Steelers can't start slow like they did against the Browns or its going to be a long day for them.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 09:56 AM   #3
HometownGal
Living Legend

Member Number: 2413

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black and Gold Forever 32 View Post
But the Steelers can't start slow like they did against the Browns or its going to be a long day for them.
Yep - I agree - the Ravens are over-hyped and the Steelers can and should beat them, but they are going to have to bring it for 60 minutes, not just 15 in this game. Coming from behind this week would be a lot more difficult than it was against the Clowns.

The Anti-Wahoo
HometownGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #4
MACH1
Quest For Seven
Supporter

Member Number: 3236
Thanked 6,269 Times in 2,306 Posts

Need to get a lead on them and make them play from behind and maybe they would make some mistakes. Got to not turn over the ball too. And its going to be hard to run againt them, need to do a better job their D's a little better than the clowns.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
MACH1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:11 AM   #5
Tankus_Maximus
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 519

Gonna have to get the run game going early. Even without Ray Lewis that D line is tough. Kelly Gregg is one of the more underrated NT in the league right now.

Whiz is gonna have to be patient and happy with those 3-4 yd pickups.

"I'm not locked up in here with you. You're locked up in here with me." -Rorschach
Tankus_Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:27 AM   #6
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398

I think this would be a good game for ma-Najeh to get into game a lot more. Giving him some carries would beat up the defense some and then putting in FWP would make the defense winded.
This might also be a good week for Whiz to install the No-Huddle against the ratbirds.

Our defense also can't allow players to sit down in the zone. They also need to get off the field on 3rd downs. Pile of Heap could be a big problem for our secondary and LBs.

LeBeau has to find a way to get to McNair early and often!

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:30 AM   #7
Black@Gold Forever32
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 2290

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrtruck View Post
I think this would be a good game for ma-Najeh to get into game a lot more. Giving him some carries would beat up the defense some and then putting in FWP would make the defense winded.
This might also be a good week for Whiz to install the No-Huddle against the ratbirds.

Our defense also can't allow players to sit down in the zone. They also need to get off the field on 3rd downs. Pile of Heap could be a big problem for our secondary and LBs.

LeBeau has to find a way to get to McNair early and often!
This might also be a good week for Whiz to install the No-Huddle against the ratbirds. I agree with this statement bigtime. The Steelers really should think about spreading the field. That would help to create some running room against that Ravens defense for Willie.
Black@Gold Forever32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 10:58 AM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478

You dont see the Chargers 'softening up' opposing D's with a RB like Turner before letting LT get his carries - why should Davenport start ahead of Willie?

Dont get me wrong, Davenport is a solid option, but no more than that - Willie is the guy who needs to get 25+ touches - he should only be off the field when he needs a breather.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:01 AM   #9
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,397 Times in 3,686 Posts

Davenport left the game in the 3rd Q yesterday (groin) so both Ward and Davenport are issues.

Dare we hope Willie Reid makes an appearance?

I agree, as I stated in other posts, that kick coverage will be a disaster waiting to happen yet again.

Next Sunday will either officially end any remote playoff chance this season or spark a glimmer of hope since the Ravens go to Cincinnati and then to KC while the Steelers play Tampa Bay and the Browns at home in the following 2 weeks. If the Ravens are going to collpase, it has to start now.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:03 AM   #10
Elvis
Banned

Member Number: 2390

We are gonna be involved in a dog fight this weekend against the Ravens thats for sure. I think that our passing game is gonna be key.. but Ben must be very cautious against the most agressive offensive defense in the league. This defense makes more plays than I have ever seen as far as trying to score every time they get the ball in their hands. The Ravens are as good as their 8-2 record, dont be fooled. They are tough and this is gonna be our most physical game yet. We must also protect Ben is this one better than we did against the less aggressive Browns defense. And No Turnovers!!!
Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote